Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2020, 4:22 am

I know we are facing very uncertain time, but how far in advance can we consider our with high degree of confidence that our LH flight will go ahead ?
we are booked from LHR to FRA on the 6:30am the schedule has been reduced but ours is still available.
So can we feel safe it will take off 2 weeks in advance ?
Old Nov 5, 2020, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by diego454
I know we are facing very uncertain time, but how far in advance can we consider our with high degree of confidence that our LH flight will go ahead ?
we are booked from LHR to FRA on the 6:30am the schedule has been reduced but ours is still available.
So can we feel safe it will take off 2 weeks in advance ?
If you really want to be on the safe side, I would say three/four days.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
When within 2 weeks the flight is likely to operate.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Never mind.

Last edited by SK AAR; Nov 7, 2020 at 3:00 am
Old Nov 18, 2020, 9:36 pm

We have to change a revenue ticket for the second time due to new travel restrictions (flights are not concelled). Is this now possible (more than once) like with M&M tickets? The wiki still says that changes are only possible once. Thanks for any advice or recent experience with that.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:59 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If the booking class is still available on the new flights and the other fare conditions are still met (min stay etc) you should be able to change for free.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How come all my LH-bought tix are available for me to use for basically a year or more, *any RBD*, on any date using LH Group but the advice here is 3 days from original date?

Which is the correct policy? I feel like I read this stuff here and make another pointless call to be sure the policy didn't change.

In many case, every segment was cancelled but that shouldn't make a difference if the destination is partly unreachable.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Thanks Oliver2002. I will be ringing them in about 3 weeks to rebook. Lets see what happens. Will update.
UPDATE: I was going to ring Lufthansa to rebook this to October 2021 since our flights from yesterday were all cancelled (was supposed to be in India today) but contacted AMEX travel in the UK about something else and when in passing I asked about the change, they said they can do it.
I was glad that I read all the comments here in FT about LH/LX rebooking and manage to talk to the OTA through the process since initially they said there might be a date change fee but I politely pointed out to the rules.
By luck LH have reloaded the 747-8i onto the FRA-DEL route starting 31st October 2021 and coincidentally that was the date I was looking to fly and was going to try FRA-BLR-DEL since BLR still had F.
Anyway the upshot is that all the flights were ticketed today and I have the original routing and was done for free due to COVID rules and now hope I can get into India in October 2021 and secondly LH do not pull that route!!!
Wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum since this was my first every booking on LH flying FIRST and particular thanks to Oliver2002 and Chris63.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Donegal
We have to change a revenue ticket for the second time due to new travel restrictions (flights are not concelled). Is this now possible (more than once) like with M&M tickets? The wiki still says that changes are only possible once. Thanks for any advice or recent experience with that.
To answer my own question and confirm: LH has changed the revenue ticket a second time without charging fees into the same fare bucket.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Donegal
To answer my own question and confirm: LH has changed the revenue ticket a second time without charging fees into the same fare bucket.
Thanks for the PSA. I'm in a similar situation with a trip to Bangkok in April (originally this past September) I'm not sure will be feasible. Good to know I should be able to change it again.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had a MUC-AGP one way booking over the Christmas period. Because of the Covid test requirement for entering Spain, I wasn't sensibly going to be able to travel, so I used the waiver and rebooked this as MUC-LIS-FAO instead and paid the fare difference. On logging into my account yesterday I saw that the LIS-FAO flight (operated by TAP) has been cancelled - I don't know when this happened as I received no notification from LH of course... So, I decided to abandon the trip and I called to cancel, but the agent told me that a refund was not possible because the original MUC-AGP flight is still operating. Is this really correct? I'm no longer ticketed MUC-AGP so isn't that irrelevant in terms of the refund rules?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Call again. Any cancellation gives you the right to refund.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
extending the 12-month life of a ticket

I've successfully refunded almost all my 2020 Lufthansa tickets - some dealt with (relatively) quickly, others needed a bit of a push and large measures of patience.

But I'm left with one ticket parked after flights were cancelled. But sadly it looks as though regular service will not be resumed before the ticket reaches the end of its life in mid-January. The sadness is acute because it's a first-class ticket acquired at a very good fare.

In such situations, has anyone managed to get a ticket re-issued with an extended life?
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've successfully refunded almost all my 2020 Lufthansa tickets - some dealt with (relatively) quickly, others needed a bit of a push and large measures of patience.

But I'm left with one ticket parked after flights were cancelled. But sadly it looks as though regular service will not be resumed before the ticket reaches the end of its life in mid-January. The sadness is acute because it's a first-class ticket acquired at a very good fare.

In such situations, has anyone managed to get a ticket re-issued with an extended life?
For a F ticket, I recommend you call the dedicated F hotline they have much higher authority to make changes & under the circumstances I would be surprised if they won’t accommodate your request
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Hi
It depends on the ticket. As per COVID rules, you should be able to move the ticket till December 2021 free of charge but only once.
I booked some tickets in the sale in March 2020 (also in First) and was for travel to India last week.
As per the Covid rules, (with a little bit of difficulty and help from this forum), managed to move my flights to October 2021 for no extra charge.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.