Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Unfortunately, it's been so long since I bought this ticket originally that the credit card I used for it is now closed. So if I request a refund, I'm not sure it'll be even possible for me to get the money back. :/
Youll be refunded to the original form of payment and that cc issuer will refund you.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Youll be refunded to the original form of payment and that cc issuer will refund you.
Ok thanks for that!
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
You Europeans are way ahead of us in Canada. I called Lufthansa a couple of days ago to ask about the possibility of extending an itinerary from March 2020 and informed the agent that I don't live in Europe and I have no clue when I would use the credit and hopefully LH has a 2 year validity period. He looked into it and said since the flights were originally changed, that it's eligible for a full refund. If we would be so lucky in Canada. I will definitely reward LH in the future for this corporate social responsibility.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Some examples of experience of dealing with LH rebooking:
1) KBP-MUC-GVA. One segment was cancelled, so called LH to rebook to fly from KBP four days later (as it actually better fits my schedule now). The rebooking was done but two times it was not reissued and the rebooked segments got dropped. Today called again to rebook. The first agent told me that they got dropped because the ticketing department refused to reissue because the new travel date was not within +/- 3 days. When pointing that for the time being this rule does not apply, the agent would not listen. The second agent admitted that the rule indeed did not apply and rebooked. Let's see if it gets reissued.
2) AMS-ZRH-CUN (on 220). AMS-FRA cancelled, with no option to make same-day to CUN. Called LH and agreed to drop AMS-FRA segment and start to CUN from FRA. For 10 days the ticket was not reissued. Went to ZRH airport and asked ticketing office to reissue. Now, it has become a 724 ticket :-) Two days later, the same ticket for my mother. The first agent: we never drop segments. The second agent: I need to reprice because you start in another countries. The third one: You can fly the day before but LH will not pay overnight accommodation. The four agent: You can fly from +/- 250 km radius. The fifth agent: what's your booking? OK, so you want me to copy your flights for this ticket, too? OK. Done. Haven't been reissued though...
If my KBP-GVA does not get reissued by tomorrow, will just go to the airport and ask them to reissue there.
3) GVA-FMO-GVA. Originally booked into T and L. Flight cancelled and got rebooked into Q and S. Now I had to cancel, so I converted the booking into voucher. And now every time I call to use the value of the voucher, all agents say that the new itinerary must be in the same booking class as the most recently ticketed. And of course, 300 EUR that I paid for original T/L is nowhere near to cover Q for any flight... Wanted to rebook it to a simple GVA-WAW-GVA and the price difference came up to 1600 CHF...
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Hi there,

how does the "free rebooking" work with minimum stay requirements. I understand that if I rebook the same fare class needs to be available .e.g "W".
Now if my originally booked "W" fare required a SU earlierst return. If I rebook and can't fullfil the minimum stay requirement - does LH only check the booking class or also the minimum stay requirement and even though the booking class would be available I have to pay extra for not meeting the minimum stay requirement ?

Cheers
TheAirman
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For voluntary rebookings I would expect the original minimum stay requirements also to apply for the new reservation. Whether the LH agent will check min. stay requirements or not is a different Q.

For involuntary rebookings, e.g. cancellations I don't think LH cares about min. stay requirements, but no first hand experience.

AFAIK post ticket purchase upgrading to a higher booking class doesn't change the fare rules of the original ticket, but others will have to confirm this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I booked AMS-FRA-BKK-FRA-AMS and the FRA-BKK-FRA has been cancelled and changed to the next day. Is it possible to change the whole route to FRA-BKK-FRA instead?

I would like to see some experiences because I did call to Call Centre (+49 69 86 799 799 ) and LH Office and both of them rejected the request. I also did email to LH and just got the reply that I have to call LH instead.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by thanaset; Oct 14, 2020 at 4:50 am
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My request to change a cancelled AMS-FRA-BOG LH return ticket into HAM-FRA-BOG was denied by LH agents a few months ago because distance AMS-HAM > 200 miles. If AMS-FRA is less than 200 miles you may have luck persuading an agent to change origin to FRA. Obviously, this only applies to rebooking due to IRROPS or invol. cancellation.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
My request to change a cancelled AMS-FRA-BOG LH return ticket into HAM-FRA-BOG was denied by LH agents a few months ago because distance AMS-HAM > 200 miles. If AMS-FRA is less than 200 miles you may have luck persuading an agent to change origin to FRA. Obviously, this only applies to rebooking due to IRROPS or invol. cancellation.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.

I got the reminder email today.

We offer three options for your convenience (only one option can be selected):

1. If you agree to the proposed revised booking, please use this option and your ticket will be automatically updated with your new flight details. (If we can only offer part of your planned trip and you still want to use it, your ticket is eligible for a partial refund after your trip has been completed)

2. If you do not wish to take your trip as suggested, but want to use your ticket later based on our flexible rebooking options, please choose this option. Your booking will be cancelled. Your ticket and your booking code will remain valid and you can use them to book your new flights until 31 January 2021.

3. You are entitled to a refund if your flight has been cancelled or a schedule change is causing a time change of more than two hours to the departure and/or arrival time. If this applies to your ticket, you may submit it for a refund using this option. All remaining flights of your itinerary will be cancelled.

Please let us know your decision by 17 October 2020, otherwise your revised booking will be cancelled.

For all other changes or questions, please contact our Service Center by 17 October 2020 to prevent your revised booking from being cancelled.

Information on passenger rights may be found here

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the flight schedule change.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
FIRST ROUTE not available anymore on cancelled flight- Options??
Hi
My First class flight to DEL from FRA has been cancelled for November 2020 and according to LH, I can rebook up to December 2021 free of charge as per their COVID rules.
However FRA-DEL First class has been pulled. Based on this, can I ask for a change of destination in India since BLR is still supposedly got the 747-8i later in 2021 without paying fare difference since the class of booking is not available anymore?
My feeling is LH would say NO. I think they will want to reroute on LX but I am not mentioning that to them!!
Has anyone tried to change destination due to First not being available anymore?
PS- I asked a similar question previously but wanted to know if I change destination in the same destination country- hope that makes sense.

Last edited by Dselvan; Oct 14, 2020 at 9:33 am
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't you give it a try by calling LH? My gut feeling is that it will be a "No" regardless of same country or not. Fares to BLR are in general much higher than to DEL.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:52 am

Why don't you give it a try by calling LH? My gut feeling is that it will be a "No" regardless of same country or not. Fares to BLR are in general much higher than to DEL.
Many thanks for a quick reply. I just wanted to check here if anyone has done it. If they have, then I might potentially have a data point when I speak to LH. My gut feeling was also No, but if they cannot provide the same service as what I paid for, I was wondering if they will be amenable to a destination change in the same country. Will have to ring them in 4 weeks to rebook, so will see.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even if others report of being succesful you can't use it as a data point when speaking to LH. Most likely your alternatives will be to cancel/full refund or accept the downgrade; change of destination will not be an option.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:04 am

Even if others report of being succesful you can't use it as a data point when speaking to LH. Most likely your alternatives will be to cancel/full refund or accept the downgrade; change of destination will not be an option.
Thank you. Seems a bit unfair but guess those are the rules. Lets see what happens since if they can put me on LX First instead or let me change destination with LH, then I will keep the booking. If not, refund will be the only option and use it to book with another airline since the cost for business class is cheaper on QR etc.
Thanks for the advice
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Thank you. Seems a bit unfair but guess those are the rules. Lets see what happens since if they can put me on LX First instead or let me change destination with LH, then I will keep the booking. If not, refund will be the only option and use it to book with another airline since the cost for business class is cheaper on QR etc.
Thanks for the advice
When you call, make sure to call the dedicated LH First Class hotline, they have much greater power to make changes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.