Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
all cancelled tickets can now be rebooked until 31 March for travel until 31 Jan 2022 (including companion specials). Ticket validity issues appear to be no more .
Thank you for the update!

An extension to March to decide on rebooking is welcome and it sounds credible to me because Mr. Klühr recently mentioned in an Interview that March would be when they expect more clarity on the booking situation for the summer.

But - will they also manage to publish this? Maybe in a way which customers and their staff can understand without guessing and wasting each others time and nerves?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 4:20 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Thank you for the update!

An extension to March to decide on rebooking is welcome and it sounds credible to me because Mr. Klühr recently mentioned in an Interview that March would be when they expect more clarity on the booking situation for the summer.

But - will they also manage to publish this? Maybe in a way which customers and their staff can understand without guessing and wasting each others time and nerves?
They didn't make a grand announcement on it, but the text on the website regarding the rebooking options has been updated to reflect this extension. (https://www.lufthansa.com/ch/en/exte...ooking-options) Staff should already be informed.

Fun fact: Prior to this recent change they used a flow chart (probably still use an updated one now) with tons of different questions and options to analyze bookings, I saw one while I was in the Swiss ticket office, looked quite complicated, so I think it's understandable why some agents might be struggling with all the different options, waivers and rules...
But just keep trying.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jan 7, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K
They didn't make a grand announcement on it, but the text on the website regarding the rebooking options has been updated to reflect this extension. (https://www.lufthansa.com/ch/en/exte...ooking-options) Staff should already be informed.

Fun fact: Prior to this recent change they used a flow chart (probably still use an updated one now) with tons of different questions and options to analyze bookings, I saw one while I was in the Swiss ticket office, looked quite complicated, so I think it's understandable why some agents might be struggling with all the different options, waivers and rules...
But just keep trying.
Thanks for this.

Do you (or anyone else) know how LH defines whether a flight has been cancelled given their differential treatment of flights that have been (must be rebooked prior to 31.03.2021) vs. those that haven't (must be rebooked prior to 31.01.2021). If my original flight in Sep 2020 was cancelled, I already rebooked it to Apr 2021, and the new one is currently still scheduled to operate, will I be allowed to rebook it again in March because I suspect I won't be able to travel in April with the way covid is going right now?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have to wait till the flight is cancelled. If you want to change now, you have to make sure the booking class etc are still there.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You have to wait till the flight is cancelled. If you want to change now, you have to make sure the booking class etc are still there.
Understood. Thank you!
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:12 am

Do you have an educated guess for when LH might adjust schedules for April? Since my departure is on Apr 2, but the flexible rebooking options for non-cancelled flights is only until Jan 31, I'm trying to weigh whether I should rebook something now or wait to see if LH adjusts schedules in Feb / Mar such that my flights are impacted.

Currently, Thailand has a 2-week quarantine requirement, so I'm not able to go on the trip as scheduled. But unless LH cancels my flight(s), I'm not able to get a refund either.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sometime in late February / early March the EU slot authorities will rule that the slots will not be lost if cancelled due to Covid19. That is the point when the S21 schedule will be adjusted.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:35 am

Sometime in late February / early March the EU slot authorities will rule that the slots will not be lost if cancelled due to Covid19. That is the point when the S21 schedule will be adjusted.
Ok good to know! I guess my best bet is to keep monitoring until then. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:26 am

Could one realistically presume that the travel voucher program would still be available at that point, in case our flights are NOT cancelled?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
They didn't make a grand announcement on it, but the text on the website regarding the rebooking options has been updated to reflect this extension. (https://www.lufthansa.com/ch/en/exte...ooking-options)
this is the relevant paragraph for cancelled flights:
  1. you can rebook preferably until 31.03.2021 free of charge on an alternative flight to the same destination and in the same class of carriage.

it's definitely an improvement over the prior version, but still lacks clarity.
a) Why is there no latest travel start and end date for this case?
b) Is the travel date limited by the original ticket validity?
c) Why did LX still not copy that extension to their page?

One could argue that LX might be more flexible, because they mention no date at all for this option, but I'd really prefer to finally get this uncertainty out of the way so that I am clear about my options vs. having to try my luck with a dozen agents until I find one who happens to interpret the rules the same way I do.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jan 13, 2021 at 2:58 pm
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver

But just keep trying.
So do they mean that i can rebook even between 01 February 2021 and 31 March 2021 but to be able to do this i need to contact them before 31 January 2021 (in case of cancelled flights)?

If yes then it is probably just a technical issue with the booking history since the automated Covid remarks are dated 31 January 2021 and the booking will go to archive after.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Keter
So do they mean that i can rebook even between 01 February 2021 and 31 March 2021 but to be able to do this i need to contact them before 31 January 2021 (in case of cancelled flights)?
Or is this only for the option without rerouting?
Old Jan 15, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you want to reroute you need to contact before 31 Jan 2021

If you want to rebook a cancelled flight (same origin/destination but new dates) you need to do it before 31 March 2021.

This is the way I read it.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I just had LH give me a call about one of the bookings, but we spent good part of an hour finding solutions to 3 different F trips that were all downgraded to J in feb/march 2021. Turns out i'll have a lot of 777W on LX to enjoy, as LH pushed return of 747 to GRU to april+
Old Jan 19, 2021, 4:57 am

Data point: I’ve called the LX FTL hotline today about P class partner tickets booked in 2019, originally for travel in July 2020 and then “parked” after cancellation by LX. The LX agent actively offered to rebook into any Business booking class.

So things are improving, no more restrictions with rebooking timelines and ticket validity. Too bad I had to ask for a refund instead since the destination will not be opening anytime soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.