Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Sorry to hear that they are still stonewalling you. But they are clearly wrong since the rules are relatively clear and people like myself have got them reticketed. Not sure what else to say.
Dselvan
Four push-backs and I was ready to give up. So thanks for the encouragement!

Originally Posted by chris63
Post #1049 try an agent that is empowered
chris63
A stunningly good piece of advice - thanks! The agent on the First-line smashed through the ticket validity barrier and had me rebooked in minutes. I asked why it had proved so difficult with other agents: she suggested maybe because she sits in Berlin on top of all the latest information.......
Old Feb 15, 2021, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by SK AAR
When does LH reissue ticket? Should be done Instantly or my ticket will get in some queue waiting days/weeks to get updated/reissued?
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Depends how far away the new flights are. My recent experience was a day or two.
Thanks Oliver. LH reissued the ticket 3 days later. All good.

Let us hope I will actually be able to travel to BOG this summer (the ticket was from March 2020 for travel to Colombia in July 2020 but obviously (invol) cancelled at some point in the spring 2020; then ticket was "on hold" until rebooked some time ago).
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Some advice please for a befuddled reader.

I booked 2 P returns MAN-OPO via FRA for 5/6/2021 returning a week later.
Booking was made 24/08/2020
I think it would be prudent to consider options of cancelling or changing flights.
I have combed the LH web pages and this forum and, to be honest, I cannot make head nor tail of the up to date rules.
​​​​​​​I really would be very grateful if someone could please put in a nutshell, if I can cancel without penalty, and/or, if I can change dates/destinations without penalty.
Many thanks
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would you chance flights for May or June already now? (I can't figure out if you mean 5 June og 6 May as travel date). I suggest to see if LH cancels one of your flights; then you can ask for refund or rebook if you prefer this.

Outside invol. rebooking, you can't cancel for full refund or rebook without payment of fare difference. Change of destination will lead to recalculation of the fare.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Why would you chance flights for May or June already now? (I can't figure out if you mean 5 June og 6 May as travel date).
Thank you for the reply.
Why and when I chose to fly is not germaine to my query.
I am using the standard UK and most of the rest of the world's (except USA) notation of dates
Outside invol. rebooking, you can't cancel for full refund or rebook without payment of fare difference. Change of destination will lead to recalculation of the fare.
Is this a definitive interpretation of the current regulations, or is it your own thought?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by macdrew
Is this a definitive interpretation of the current regulations, or is it your own thought?
This is a definitive interpretation. As you're traveling on a P fare class, it's non-refundable unless something involuntary ( beyond your control ) happens.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:37 am

FlyerLX posted in another thread that the Summer program cancellations have started rolling out.

Therefore, I just checked my booking for BLL-FRA-MIA, out on April 22, and back on May 1.
Outbound changed from April 22 to April 23 and from A319 and B748 to E190 and A333.
Inbound has had no changes at all, still shows as B748 and A319 - but the flight is indeed in May.
Will be requesting a refund right away.

Do note that it seems that (at least for now) the cancellations are "released" month by month. Our outbound April flight was already changed, but our May1 flights have not been amended yet, neither on equipment nor the flight schedule.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 5:17 am

Just a follow-up: If I choose a refund, I am sent to a Lufthansa website that says something like "your refund request has been received". However, I haven't received a new e-mail confirming my request. I suppose Lufthansa's mail servers are overloaded right now, but I just want to know if I should expect an e-mail confirmation at any point or not?
Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by mikkelhk
Just a follow-up: If I choose a refund, I am sent to a Lufthansa website that says something like "your refund request has been received". However, I haven't received a new e-mail confirming my request. I suppose Lufthansa's mail servers are overloaded right now, but I just want to know if I should expect an e-mail confirmation at any point or not?
Thanks.
I was in the same boat so called in. The phone agent said: "It's a good thing you called. Sometimes the website requests will only refund taxes. I will re-process this for you." Which she did and then I received an e-mail confirmation. So if you want peace of mind, I would suggest calling.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 6:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, calling in is better. Someone reported in this or the refund thread that the email refund button works better, but YMMV. Alternatively call in after clicking the email refund button to make sure things were recorded properly. Refunds are now handled by TCS in India, and it seems they have automated things a bit more.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was reported a few days ago that doing the refund request online (after cancellation of one or more flights, obviously) was much more faster than requesting it by phone.

It has also been reported in the past that you don't receive any emails confirming the refund or refund amount. Just wait for the refund to hit your credit card. So I suggest a bit of patience here; most likely the (full) refund will appear within a few days/a week or two.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 2:39 pm

capedreamer oliver2002 SK AAR Thanks all. I called the Danish number (male CSA had British accent or "pretend"-accent) and asked for confirmation that my refund request (which I made by using the e-mail button) was received. He confirmed this and sent me an e-mail with almost no text, just the booking number, passenger names and the text "Unfortunately we had to cancel your booking on 19 February 2021." I also asked for confirmation on the refund for the other half of our party on a separate booking. He said this would be done as well, but after two hours I hadn't received any confirmation e-mail for that booking. I called again and got to a female CSA (could very well be Indian), who also confirmed that the refund request for the second booking was received, she too would send a confirmation e-mail, but here six hours later I still haven't received it. I suppose everything is OK with both bookings, though.
On both calls waiting time was less than five minutes.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You likely ended up in the CPT call center. LH doesn't have any call center in India, only the fare, ticketing and refund backoffice is based there.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mikkelhk
capedreamer oliver2002 SK AAR Thanks all. I called the Danish number (male CSA had British accent or "pretend"-accent) and asked for confirmation that my refund request (which I made by using the e-mail button) was received. He confirmed this and sent me an e-mail with almost no text, just the booking number, passenger names and the text "Unfortunately we had to cancel your booking on 19 February 2021." I also asked for confirmation on the refund for the other half of our party on a separate booking. He said this would be done as well, but after two hours I hadn't received any confirmation e-mail for that booking. I called again and got to a female CSA (could very well be Indian), who also confirmed that the refund request for the second booking was received, she too would send a confirmation e-mail, but here six hours later I still haven't received it. I suppose everything is OK with both bookings, though.
On both calls waiting time was less than five minutes.
I've had to make quite a number of refund requests, but never have I receive any confirmation that the refund is being processed, or even that it has been submitted for refund. I'm guessing they worry about the exact wording of any acknowledgement when the whole thing is still open to the interpretation and resolution by whatever back office handles these things.

There's never been a problem (apart from lengthy delays, one leading to intervention by my credit card folk); but caution prevails and I make a note of time and date of the refund conversation together with the name the agent gives me. Just in case
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You likely ended up in the CPT call center. LH doesn't have any call center in India, only the fare, ticketing and refund backoffice is based there.
Thanks for the info.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I've had to make quite a number of refund requests, but never have I receive any confirmation that the refund is being processed, or even that it has been submitted for refund. I'm guessing they worry about the exact wording of any acknowledgement when the whole thing is still open to the interpretation and resolution by whatever back office handles these things.
There's never been a problem (apart from lengthy delays, one leading to intervention by my credit card folk); but caution prevails and I make a note of time and date of the refund conversation together with the name the agent gives me.
Thanks, I'll wait a couple of weeks, and if nothing happens by then I'll call them back and escalate if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.