Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I just called another agent and she said pay a fare difference of 4000 Euros.
Because you have a trip in the future which has no cancelled segments? The free rebooking into another flight with A only happens when the is a cancellation.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by Raul_R
It was promo fare, bought last autumn.
If you have status, call to the status-dedicated hotline.
Can also try First Class hotline.
Is it possible to call First Class hotline when you have only LX flights in your booking?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by montezume
Is it possible to call First Class hotline when you have only LX flights in your booking?
I think it is not harmful at least to try.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Now is this based on a promo fare in A that you booked or a full fare A?
It seems to be a special "A" fare they have, though it is not that cheap and it is quite easy to find it if you book at least 60 days in advance.

It might have also to do with the fact that Brazilian regulators have establish some ground rules for both Consumers and Airlines because of COVID-19 - which clearly states that if there is a cancelled flight they cannot charge you a fare difference. That only applies if the customer voluntarily cancel or rebook the flight.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Because you have a trip in the future which has no cancelled segments? The free rebooking into another flight with A only happens when the is a cancellation.
Agreed but not what others on this thread are saying. LH should do what Aegean is doing:

Change your ticket online at no extra cost, for whenever you want

If you have a ticket with travel date until 31/05/2020, you can change it to any future date until 27/03/2021 with:
  • zero fare difference
  • no rebooking fees
  • up to 3,000 extra Miles+Bonus award miles
Valid for changes until 10/04/2020 through aegeanair.com or through AEGEAN App.

If you are a Miles+Bonus member, you earn extra award miles when you change your ticket!

Silver/Blue Miles+Bonus members: +2.000 award miles
Gold Miles+Bonus members: +3.000 award miles

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Old Apr 7, 2020, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
Didn't she just confirmed that the fare difference, if any, is still payable by you? Very small or not remains to be seen, I'm not sure if you purchased your ticket during any special offers or companion fares...
I don't think it is a promo ticket. certainly not companion fare. the outbound was in Business class the inbound ( now canceled) is in mix A & J class. Booked on Lufthansa.com

I had to cancel 3 tickets on UA, AC, and LH

UA is the best, they offered credit and specified the exact amount that I will get ( which I was very happy with). very simple, straightforward, and instant ( no wait time to get credit)
AC is the second best. They offered a cash refund but they did not say how much I will be getting and it would take a minimum 6 weeks to process the refund
LH is the worse ..No Refund, NO credit, and can not tell me the renaming value of my ticket .. just rebook with promise of no fare difference.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 8:41 am

Do you have some sort of proof of this policy I can quote to the agent?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by montezume
Do you have some sort of proof of this policy I can quote to the agent?
https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_143775.pdf

Clause 4.1.2

Rebooking in the originally ticketed booking class within ticket validityIf the original booking class is not available, the next higher available booking class within the same travel compartment may be used only if the new flight departure date is within 3 daysbefore or after the original flight date
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_143775.pdf (848.0 KB, 17 views)
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:23 am

Ah, I reread it. This looks pretty cut and dry then. The 3 day difference only applies if there is no space in the A bucket? It doesn't specifically say there that there is no fare difference though...

Last edited by montezume; Apr 7, 2020 at 9:27 am Reason: mis read
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:31 am

You have to read 4.1.2 in its entirety. It addresses the fare difference upfront. If there is no space in A, and you don't want to fly within 3 days of the cancelled flight you are SOL.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:42 am

You have to read 4.1.2 in its entirety. It addresses the fare difference upfront. If there is no space in A, and you don't want to fly within 3 days of the cancelled flight you are SOL.
Sorry, I find the document confusing. I'm a programmer, not a travel agent . "If there is no space in A" -> you mean no space in A on the date (any date?) that I give the agent? Or within 3 days of the cancelled flight?
Old Apr 7, 2020, 9:44 am

'A' needs to be available on the future date of travel. If the future date of travel is more than 3 days away from the original date of travel.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:12 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So that means that if the original class IS available on a future date (much further out) that should still be possible to change for free. That's good to know, because LX was making it sound like the 50 euro offer is the only possible method for changing canceled flights right now.

I had an economy flight canceled, originally booked on swiss.com for 200 euros. Applied for the 50 euro discount and found a new business class flight online (Priced at 360 euro). Expected price difference was 360-200-50=110 euro. However the computer kept quoting 215 euro (minus 50 euro 'goodwill') 165 euro to be paid. Its because of different tax calculations I was told (even though the tax component on the old and new itineraries was virtually the same total amount).

In the end, after I insisted and the agent had talked to their technical support a number of times, they agreed to make the change for 110 euro. Am I missing something or was I indeed in the right that this would be the way it should have been calculated? Reason for asking is that I have another canceled itinerary with LH that I will have to rebook. Hopefully I'll be able to find the same fare classes but likely not.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by robertr
Did I put this post in the incorrect thread?
Yes, anyway:
1. Yes, they can get extra charge from you as the flights were cancelled by you, not them, and also you changed the route somewhat.
2. If any of those flights end up cancelled, you are protected. If not, depends on your ticket type and any wavier in place at the time.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by Xandrios
So that means that if the original class IS available on a future date (much further out) that should still be possible to change for free. That's good to know, because LX was making it sound like the 50 euro offer is the only possible method for changing canceled flights right now.

I had an economy flight canceled, originally booked on swiss.com for 200 euros. Applied for the 50 euro discount and found a new business class flight online (Priced at 360 euro). Expected price difference was 360-200-50=110 euro. However the computer kept quoting 215 euro (minus 50 euro 'goodwill') 165 euro to be paid. Its because of different tax calculations I was told (even though the tax component on the old and new itineraries was virtually the same total amount).

In the end, after I insisted and the agent had talked to their technical support a number of times, they agreed to make the change for 110 euro. Am I missing something or was I indeed in the right that this would be the way it should have been calculated? Reason for asking is that I have another canceled itinerary with LH that I will have to rebook. Hopefully I'll be able to find the same fare classes but likely not.
I was sure that they will find a way that the 50 EUR offer when rebooking is equivalent to taking the voucher refund and booking yourself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.