Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your old ticket value is put towards the new one minus 50 EUR on the fare basis.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So Oliver, lets say my flight AMS to BKK is cancelled and I do find space in Sept/Oct in P & A but instead I want to change my destination, now to SIN, thats also part of LH's cancellation policy due to COVID19?
Try calling the First class line. If they refuse, try calling another time. I think the name of the game is just to keep trying until you get an agent who will help. That and wait until your flight is cancelled. AFAIK LH is still flying to BKK
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by montezume
Try calling the First class line. If they refuse, try calling another time. I think the name of the game is just to keep trying until you get an agent who will help. That and wait until your flight is cancelled. AFAIK LH is still flying to BKK

Airlines must refund flights cancelled because of coronavirus: EU

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21Q2L2
Old Apr 9, 2020, 9:25 am

Airlines must refund flights cancelled because of coronavirus: EU

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN21Q2L2
Sure, but your question was about changing your flight, not refunding it? If you want a refund, then ask for a refund, not a change of destination?
Old Apr 9, 2020, 10:24 am
Suspended

I'm not sure why I find this so difficult to understand (probably because I'm a little dumb) but is this correct? Flights in July 2020, booked Dec 2019. Option A: take a voucher for the ticket value - use it before end Dec 2020 and receive 50€ bonus OR use voucher before end Apr 2021 without bonus. Also origin and destination can be different to original ticket. Option B: wait and see if flight is cancelled in July and apply for refund.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montezume
Sure, but your question was about changing your flight, not refunding it? If you want a refund, then ask for a refund, not a change of destination?
My question is about changing the flights to October if possible without any fare difference. If I have to pay a fare difference then I would like a refund and not a voucher.
I just looked on the LH website, AMS to BKK LH flights do not exist anymore(May 7th), these were there yesterday. LH999 and LH772. But in my booking it does not state that flights are cancelled. So can the experts chime in please if i should call and change my booking now without any fare difference,

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 9, 2020 at 7:35 pm
Old Apr 10, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: Eurostar Avantage, FB Silver
Hi, maybe you guys could share your view on my 'problem'. I had a flight booked with Lufthansa Group (LH, A3, OS, all on a OS ticket) from AMS to ATH for the last week of April - May. Understandably, it is cancelled and I don't want to travel anyway. The boat rental company (was supposed to go sailing) has informed us it can move the rental 'free of charge' to October. Due to other circumstances I am now looking at open-jaw flight schedules AMS - DME & ATH - AMS. So I know the new ideal travel dates. Currently, it still offers good fares (looking at ITA Matrix/Google Flights), especially with the 50 euro credit that I seem to be eligible for due to changing destinations. Therefore, I am inclined to fill out the Austrian form requesting a quote for a rebooking. However, I am concerned European and Russian travel might still be severely restricted by October. In the case this mess situation will turn for the worse and cancellations will extend to fall 2020 (let's hope not), does anyone know if the 'rebooked' ticket is still valid for refund (with EU261) or another rebook? I know it is still about 5,5 months from now. No-one for sure can tell how Corona and travel restrictions will develop. But as I got new 'firm dates' and see good fares I am split between rebooking with good fares, or waiting and see how it will develop and risking way higher fares.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Cars by PTS M&M

Maybe off topic - had a car booking for 23rd April connected to a LH flgt which was cancelled beginning of last wk.
called M&M & was told to call back after the 15th as they were dealing with immediate cancellations , In the meantime received an automatic cancellation email Tuesday & see the credit posted to my card today.
fair play to M&M
Old Apr 10, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: delta skymiles, BAEC
Is Austrian Airlines giving ANY refunds for canceled flights?

Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed. Even though I’ve tried to review the information in this thread I’m still very unsure.

I have one way tickets SPU-VIE booked in January directly with Austrian Airlines for April 27th.

The OS website says ALL flights are canceled until May 3rd.

When I check my booking online is does NOT say my flight is canceled. Instead, it says “unconfirmed.”

I have no use for a voucher. But the website information only discusses vouchers. No word about refunds.

1. Will OS issue me a refund?
2. Do I have to wait until my flight is marked “canceled “ in my booking online? ( even though ALL flights have been canceled.)
3. How do I request a refund? Must I call? I don’t see an option on the website to request a refund. ...only to “change flight”.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 4:43 pm

Called today for a canceled flight, agent issued refund, but said could take up to 30 business days.

Debating whether to initiate chargeback in a week or so.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by tranmerechris
I'm not sure why I find this so difficult to understand (probably because I'm a little dumb) but is this correct? Flights in July 2020, booked Dec 2019. Option A: take a voucher for the ticket value - use it before end Dec 2020 and receive 50€ bonus OR use voucher before end Apr 2021 without bonus. Also origin and destination can be different to original ticket. Option B: wait and see if flight is cancelled in July and apply for refund.
I'm in a similar situation, flights outbound (Paris to Auckland via Zurich and Hong Kong) in late July 2020, flights inbound in late August 2020 (reverse route), booked September 2019.
Your reading of the options is the same as mine. But a voucher is not much use if i) I can't get a similar price again or ii) I can't defer to July/August 2021 (tied to UK school terms).
My best hope is that with 6 flights across 2 carriers (Swiss and Cathay) all on one ticket, something is cancelled. Have also paid for Eurostar tickets and a few hotels, but the bulk of the costs are in the airfare.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Tudway
I'm in a similar situation, flights outbound (Paris to Auckland via Zurich and Hong Kong) in late July 2020, flights inbound in late August 2020 (reverse route), booked September 2019.
Your reading of the options is the same as mine. But a voucher is not much use if i) I can't get a similar price again or ii) I can't defer to July/August 2021 (tied to UK school terms).
My best hope is that with 6 flights across 2 carriers (Swiss and Cathay) all on one ticket, something is cancelled. Have also paid for Eurostar tickets and a few hotels, but the bulk of the costs are in the airfare.
Yes, in this case, you are best off waiting and hoping for a cancellation. With that many segments involved, you will probably get lucky.
Tudway likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: LH HON
My question is about changing the flights to October if possible without any fare difference. If I have to pay a fare difference then I would like a refund and not a voucher.
I just looked on the LH website, AMS to BKK LH flights do not exist anymore(May 7th), these were there yesterday. LH999 and LH772. But in my booking it does not state that flights are cancelled. So can the experts chime in please if i should call and change my booking now without any fare difference,
those flights haven’t been cancelled (yet).
they just don’t show any space anymore...
Old Apr 11, 2020, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by suntravler
Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed. Even though I’ve tried to review the information in this thread I’m still very unsure.

I have one way tickets SPU-VIE booked in January directly with Austrian Airlines for April 27th.

The OS website says ALL flights are canceled until May 3rd.

When I check my booking online is does NOT say my flight is canceled. Instead, it says “unconfirmed.”

I have no use for a voucher. But the website information only discusses vouchers. No word about refunds.

1. Will OS issue me a refund?
2. Do I have to wait until my flight is marked “canceled “ in my booking online? ( even though ALL flights have been canceled.)
3. How do I request a refund? Must I call? I don’t see an option on the website to request a refund. ...only to “change flight”.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
1- By law, they have to issue you a refund. You should not accept any kind of voucher, flight credit, date change, etc... at the moment in order to get a refund. A phone agent may try to phish you and insist on you to take a voucher and you should never accept it.
2- It would be better to wait until your flight has been marked "Canceled" - At least the agents on the phone could confirm that your flight is canceled rather than unconfirmed.
3- Most airlines ( not only LH group ) have removed their online refund button from their website as they want people to get vouchers or date changes instead of refunds. You would need to call them in order to issue a refund.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daumueller
those flights haven’t been cancelled (yet).
they just don’t show any space anymore...
Whats the strategy behind this, I mean zeroing out all classes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.