Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Although, if you are planning to do a B2B for a mileage run, be aware that OLCI might not be available on some occasions thus you must allow time to visit a check-in counter before check-in for that specific flight closes.
Concerto and squawk like this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Totally agree with this. Making sure all my paperwork was in order and allowing extra time made for an efficient painless check-in and boarding process. I always went to the airport a lot earlier than I would ever have done before. For a lot of those very early flights I woke up stupidly early, probably because I was worried about potential problems.
squawk likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Hi All,

Seeking some advice on my situation here. We booked BER-FRA-IAD. Last thursday BER-FRA got cancelled and there was no option to fly to IAD that day. After a lot of confusion and missinformation at the airport I opted for HAM-FRA-IAD (also to avoid BER) the comming tuesday. However, I never received a confirmation email. I called back saturday to follow up on this and was told that my flight was not ticketed but that the booking is confirmed. I find that confusing.

Anyways, most features in the booking on LH.de are disabled due to that, including seat selection. I'm travelling with my 3 year old and we are flying PE. The PE cabin is filling up quickly (4 seats left according to the seatmap) and there is a chance we might not be able to sit together. Also, online checkin is not working for us because the checkin agents need to check all the documents required for US travel at the airport.

What are my options / what is reasonable to ask for if the PE cabin fills up or we cannot sit together? Can I asked to be bumped up to business if two seats next to each other are available there? What if they offer me the late afternoon FRA-IAD flight instead. Is that then a case for compensations since I'll be arriving over 4 hours late? If put in economy is that then a case of involuntary downgrade, and if so, what is the compensation there?

Update: I called the LH service center to find out what going on with this and got contradicting answers. Once I was told that this booking is not valid and twice I was told not to worry all good.

Last edited by Flauschie_Mr; Jul 31, 2021 at 11:06 pm Reason: Update
Old Aug 1, 2021, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
What are my options / what is reasonable to ask for if the PE cabin fills up or we cannot sit together?
There is no way they won't sit you next to a three year old.

Can I asked to be bumped up to business if two seats next to each other are available there?
You can ask, I don't think they'll upgrade you. They'd rather upgrade one single PE flyer and free up a seat for you and your child in PE.

What if they offer me the late afternoon FRA-IAD flight instead. Is that then a case for compensations since I'll be arriving over 4 hours late?
I don't think so.

If put in economy is that then a case of involuntary downgrade, and if so, what is the compensation there?
75% refund of the fare, iirc. Of course the fare component is not the whole ticket price.

Update: I called the LH service center to find out what going on with this and got contradicting answers. Once I was told that this booking is not valid and twice I was told not to worry all good.
As long as your booking shows up on lh.de you're most probably ok. Get to the airport a little early just in case you need to sort things out.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Thank you very much for your help.

And now after three days of agony and writing this post, I got the official confirmation that my flight was changed. The two ladies were right. Although my flight was modified a bit more, PE is now in E no longer in G.

Anyways, I feel much better now.

Thanks again.
malmostoso likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:09 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Booked First Class Reward on Lufthansa with Aeroplan but itinerary says business

I booked a first class award with Aeroplan points and am in seat 1A. Itinerary says business class fare O ???
I booked a first class reward on Aeroplan from FRA-ORD and blocked seat 1A on the 748. When I look at the receipt it says Lufthansa business fare O. Should I be worried that I will not be in first class or allowed access to the first class lounge which is reopening in FRA ? I am going to call Aeroplan Air Canada tomorrow.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican

I booked a first class award with Aeroplan points and am in seat 1A. Itinerary says business class fare O ???
I booked a first class reward on Aeroplan from FRA-ORD and blocked seat 1A on the 748. When I look at the receipt it says Lufthansa business fare O. Should I be worried that I will not be in first class or allowed access to the first class lounge which is reopening in FRA ? I am going to call Aeroplan Air Canada tomorrow.
O class is F award on LH & 1A is definitely in First Class but by all means call Aeroplan & point out the errors they are making on your confirmation
Old Aug 6, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by chris63
O class is F award on LH & 1A is definitely in First Class but by all means call Aeroplan & point out the errors they are making on your confirmation
Thank you. I realized that it was the actual confirmation number from Lufthansa. I saw on the Lufthansa website it is a first class ticket.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Although, if you are planning to do a B2B for a mileage run, be aware that OLCI might not be available on some occasions thus you must allow time to visit a check-in counter before check-in for that specific flight closes.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Totally agree with this. Making sure all my paperwork was in order and allowing extra time made for an efficient painless check-in and boarding process. I always went to the airport a lot earlier than I would ever have done before. For a lot of those very early flights I woke up stupidly early, probably because I was worried about potential problems.
Thank you both. This wouldn't be a mileage run/B2B, but if I ever do one I will heed that warning!
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:31 pm

Has lounge access temporarily changed for covid/demand reasons? I was under the impression business class was not granted access into the Senator Lounges. However, on Lufthansa's website, the lounge tool is showing the Senator Lounges when selecting the Business Ticket option at MUC. FWIW my itinerary is CLT-MUC-AMS.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
Has lounge access temporarily changed for covid/demand reasons? I was under the impression business class was not granted access into the Senator Lounges.
To my knowledge, C and SEN are still run under a one-lounge concept. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been only a few weeks since I overheard people being told they could switch freely between the two. (Ofc, including those which don't usually get SEN access.)
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
Has lounge access temporarily changed for covid/demand reasons? I was under the impression business class was not granted access into the Senator Lounges. However, on Lufthansa's website, the lounge tool is showing the Senator Lounges when selecting the Business Ticket option at MUC. FWIW my itinerary is CLT-MUC-AMS.
Originally Posted by 8mh
To my knowledge, C and SEN are still run under a one-lounge concept. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been only a few weeks since I overheard people being told they could switch freely between the two. (Ofc, including those which don't usually get SEN access.)
Depends on the location. If only one lounge is in operation in any given location, it's the SEN one (at least I am not aware of anywhere where it is different).
However in locations where business lounges have been opening, it's back to the old system.

I don't think it's back to normal in Munich.
(note: some Biz lounges operate in a "to-go" format. These will not prevent you from entering a SEN lounge in the same concourse.)
Flamenguista likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:27 am

Hello, a few 'beginner' Lufthansa questions again from me I'm afraid.

First: 1) is it possible to persuade the Lufthansa website not to default to the currency of the originating airport? I'm trying to book a flight from BSL to the UK, and would like to pay in GBP to avoid a Forex charge on my Amex. Although I have a fee-free Forex card I could use, I'd prefer to use the Amex in this case.

Second, a few linked question about using multiple Star Alliance loyalty schemes. I'm currently TAP Gold so if I book an Economy Classic flight I can take 2 hold bags (rather than 1) if I add my TAP number, as well as access lounges. However, that status will expire in a few months, and from the few flights I've made over the last few months I've ended up with some 'orphan' miles in TAP.

2) Is there an 'optimal' strategy for me in this position? I can continue crediting to TAP, but suspect that those orphan miles will end up expiring, and I'm nowhere near (re)qualifying for TAP status (or, as I'm not crediting to M&M, LH status). Even if I started crediting to LH, I won't hit 30 flights before 31/12.

3) Mix-and-matching: I saw reference to using a TAP number for luggage/lounge access when booking, but asking gate staff while boarding to change it to a LH M&M number to credit segments/miles. Is this frowned upon, or perfectly normal? If they refuse, is there any kind of black mark I would have to watch out for?

Finally, 4) is there an up to date reference I can keep an eye on to the lounges available to a TAP *G, and in particular their opening status, at present? The airports I'm most interested in are BSL, FRA, LHR T2, and NCL (e.g. I realise there isn't a LH lounge in NCL, but is there access to a third party lounge? BSL's only lounge is currently shut).
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by squawk
Hello, a few 'beginner' Lufthansa questions again from me I'm afraid.
Regarding the currency I can't help you, sorry.

Regarding using TP*G perks and crediting to M&M the best you can do is not to put any FFP# in the booking and just showing the card when needed. Check in agent may insist to add it to the reservation, so you may have to remove it. After the trip just reteocredit to M&M.

Regarding the lounges, check the *A website.
squawk likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:54 pm

Posted in another thread but asking here as well:

I'm trying to book a LH F award from LAX -> FRA -> FLR. Air Dolomiti (a star alliance affiliate) doesn't offer award redemption. I will be booking the 2nd leg in cash

1. If I do this, can I call aeroplan/signapore/lufthansa and have them combine the cash and award ticket, so that my bags get transferred, and if there is a delay I can be rebooked?
2. Will I be able to use the LH first class lounge in FRA during the layover?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.