Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
I’m afraid I know the answer to this question, but maybe there’s something I’m missing.

I’d like to book a round trip (multi city) flight to the US: WRO-NYC, BOS-WRO. Is there anyway to book a LO outbound and LH/LX inbound? Of course I could book each leg separately, but obviously more expensive.

Worst case scenario I will just book Lufthansa group both ways but figured I would ask as I’d like to fly LO C to the US
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
I’m afraid I know the answer to this question, but maybe there’s something I’m missing.

I’d like to book a round trip (multi city) flight to the US: WRO-NYC, BOS-WRO. Is there anyway to book a LO outbound and LH/LX inbound? Of course I could book each leg separately, but obviously more expensive.

Worst case scenario I will just book Lufthansa group both ways but figured I would ask as I’d like to fly LO C to the US
A number of OTA’s such as Expedia offer open jaw tickets like that or ask a reliable TA
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:22 pm

Hi! Lounges at wien schwechat are open?
Old Dec 12, 2020, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thats normally quite expensive. Best you can do is put a LH codeshare but that would add an extra segment.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Most lower priced fares (in any cabin) don't allow you to combine the LH Group & partners (TATL that would be UA & AC) with LO.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Currently, my LH Miles&More account showsNewsletter Subscription 06/08/2020Award miles500 
as the last activity.
Does this mean that my miles will not expire till 08/31/2023?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Nope, with M&M miles expire three years after they were accumulated. Recent activity does not reset the clock.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:21 am
Suspended

Hi All,

Looking for a little info on timelines of when LH cancels flights, I am currently confirmed on LH909 this Saturday, but looking at Flightaware, this flight has not operated in over 2 weeks. Doing a dummy search on LH for the same route does not give LH909 as an option.

Just curious as to when I will be put on another flight? Have to plan things to now keep my whole Saturday free depending if I get the earlier or later flight
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by flyingwolfie
Hi All,

Looking for a little info on timelines of when LH cancels flights, I am currently confirmed on LH909 this Saturday, but looking at Flightaware, this flight has not operated in over 2 weeks. Doing a dummy search on LH for the same route does not give LH909 as an option.

Just curious as to when I will be put on another flight? Have to plan things to now keep my whole Saturday free depending if I get the earlier or later flight
Its still scheduled to operate on the 19th & still for sale, since its < 7 days I would expect it to operate
flyertalker0039238 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:33 pm

Hi there,
I finally gained 50 000 award miles and I'm considering going to Africa when the Covid story is over Could you please have a look if the below routing as round trip is doable according the Miles & More award tickets rules?
In my case this will be double open jaw scenario with stopover in ADD on the outbound flight.

BER-CAI MS732 15:45 – 19:40
CAI-ADD ET453 02:20 – 07:20

stopover in Addis Ababa for more than 24 hours

ADD-KGL ET811 11:30-14:35

It is really important to fly with Egypt Air as this is the last airline from Star Alliance that I have never flown with There is a shorter connection with MS but I prefer longer layover in Cairo and arrival in Addis Ababa in the morning instead of in the middle of the night

Coming back from Mauritius with Turkish Airlines

MRU-IST TK161 20:00 – 04:50 (+1)
IST-WAW TK1765 16:50 – 18:15

Would it work as Kigali (as a final destination) is in the region of North & Central Africa and Mauritius is considered as different region (Southern Africa)? Or do I have to start my return trip in the same region Alternatively, I could book two one way flights (BER-CAI-ADD-HL for 20 000 miles and MRU-IST-WAW for 30 000 miles) but in this case stopover in Ethiopia won’t be possible.
Thanks a lot for your advice.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by papasmerf
Would it work as Kigali (as a final destination) is in the region of North & Central Africa and Mauritius is considered as different region (Southern Africa)?
If you start in Europe, this booking will be considered a 3-region award = 100,000 miles.

Originally Posted by papasmerf
Alternatively, I could book two one way flights (BER-CAI-ADD-HL for 20 000 miles and MRU-IST-WAW for 30 000 miles) but in this case stopover in Ethiopia won’t be possible.
Correct. However, from my experience with M&M I would say they would rather say options/available seats are limited and fly you BER-FRA-ADD-KGL on the first booking.
papasmerf likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:27 pm

Are the meals on long haul flights just a warm vegetarian entrée now? Is it possible to order a special meal to get meat?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 1:48 am

You can order special meals in economy if you have a special need.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: Miles and More, Delta
Hi,

Newbee question: How to find good deals with LH, AC etc. for travelling from Seattle to MUC in June/early July 2021, and then back from Dublib to Seattle in late August?

TIA.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by gllf
Hi,

Newbee question: How to find good deals with LH, AC etc. for travelling from Seattle to MUC in June/early July 2021, and then back from Dublib to Seattle in late August?

TIA.
Keep an eye on threads in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/

Figure out your preferred tool for visualising prices over various dates with relevant filters applied. Google Flights is usually a good default choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.