Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 4:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The rest of the summer schedule was firmed last week, so the flights that are still available should be operating as planned.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:47 am

I don't know if there's a more appropriate thread for this, but: should we expect the FRA-BOS flight to operate as shown in late July or later, or is LH keeping flights on the site that one would expect to be removed shortly before the date?

The background is: we're looking at going to Croatia as is legal for U.S. ciitzen-residents, but there's certainly reason to hesitate about doing that. The aspect of the plan that I'm asking about here would involve booking the return as a one-way UA award after going over on another program. If the schedule changes to require more connections, maybe overnights, it brings more legal problems, and we'd be looking to get home. We wouldn't have the option of cancelling the trip once we're there.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 9:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH has cleaned up their schedule till the end of October last week, so if it is bookable the flight will very likely operate. United will rebook you onto alternatives if there are changes at short notice, but award availability may be limited. Croatia ahs still not joined Schengen, so you will not enter Germany when flying to the US and the health rules of Germany don't apply. Also if you can show that you have been in Croatia for more that 14 days you can enter Germany. Remember residents of an EU country are also free to roam in the EU. Only arrivals from Sweden have to quarantine in Germany: https://www.rki.de/SharedDocs/Bilder...ob=poster&v=43 As of today. As you can see HR is moving into the dark zone, who knows what will happen in a few weeks.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Hi, flying on LH out of LHR this eve and want to understand what T2 lounge options are available/open? Thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
A newbie on LH Miles&More program. I flew LHR-MUC on 6/7 and MUC-VCE on 7/7, I still do not see the miles in my statement. Is it too early to contact Miles&More to claim them? (return trip in August)
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by londonfog
A newbie on LH Miles&More program. I flew LHR-MUC on 6/7 and MUC-VCE on 7/7, I still do not see the miles in my statement. Is it too early to contact Miles&More to claim them? (return trip in August)
Yes, you should wait at least 14 days before requesting a retrocredit.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:03 pm

Hi - I booked a ticket from AMS - TLV via United.com, operated by LX and LH on the outbound/inbound respectively. If I need to can I change this via UA's website? What are my flexibility rights due to COVID?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:59 am

United is your agent in this case and will handle any changes you want to make. LH/LX normally ask you to contact the agent that sold you the ticket to make changes before departure.

The waiver policies are explained here:https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_147655.pdf
AI93 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Yes, you should wait at least 14 days before requesting a retrocredit.
Nope - you can request a retrocredit 7 days after. I do that when I have to claim. The days of 2-week wait are long gone.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
I don't know if there's a more appropriate thread for this, but: should we expect the FRA-BOS flight to operate as shown in late July or later, or is LH keeping flights on the site that one would expect to be removed shortly before the date?

The background is: we're looking at going to Croatia as is legal for U.S. ciitzen-residents, but there's certainly reason to hesitate about doing that. The aspect of the plan that I'm asking about here would involve booking the return as a one-way UA award after going over on another program. If the schedule changes to require more connections, maybe overnights, it brings more legal problems, and we'd be looking to get home. We wouldn't have the option of cancelling the trip once we're there.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH has cleaned up their schedule till the end of October last week, so if it is bookable the flight will very likely operate. United will rebook you onto alternatives if there are changes at short notice, but award availability may be limited. Croatia ahs still not joined Schengen, so you will not enter Germany when flying to the US and the health rules of Germany don't apply. Also if you can show that you have been in Croatia for more that 14 days you can enter Germany. Remember residents of an EU country are also free to roam in the EU. Only arrivals from Sweden have to quarantine in Germany: https://www.rki.de/SharedDocs/Bilder...ob=poster&v=43 As of today. As you can see HR is moving into the dark zone, who knows what will happen in a few weeks.
After this exchange, we booked DBV-FRA-BOS for Sept 4, then FRA-BOS was taken off the schedule for that day, and we were given a booking with over 24 hours at FRA where we wouldn't be allowed to leave the airport. I changed the UA award to DBV-FRA-IAD-BOS, after checking for Sept 5 when I'm pretty sure the same-day option DBV-ZAG-FRA-BOS gave 30 minutes to connect at ZAG including clearing exit passport control, and I wasn't comfortable with that in these times. Now I'm seeing on Sept 5 this itinerary with 2 hours to connect at ZAG, which is more comfortable. Do you think at this time we can be reasonably comfortable that this schedule will keep? I'd generally rather have this LH-metal FRA-BOS flight instead of an extra UA flight.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 3:58 am

On this trip from Croatia on a UA award, Croatia segments before going LH FRA-BOS, I remember seeing a seat map including extra-legroom seats for a price for the LH site, but wanted to see that we would actually get to Croatia before getting seat assignments on the TATL flight. Now we're there, and the UA and LH sites seem to say no seat selection until checkin the day before. Is there a trick to being able to select the seats online, or can or should it be done by phone?
Old Aug 28, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I have an open jaw return I class award ticket for September: TXL-FRA-SIN (LH); BKK-VIE-TXL (OS). This was booked by A3 using Aegean M&B miles. The outbound flight has just been cancelled by LH and the inbound one will surely also be cancelled by OS on September 1st as commercial international flights are still not allowed into BKK. Can anyone tell me if I have the right to ask LH to rebook my ticket instead of A3 and, if so, how far into the future can I push the flights without necessitating recalculation of taxes and fees?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 8:25 am

As A3 issued the ticket, they have to reissue the ticket. LH will not touch it. The operating airline will only reissue/exchange other airlines documents if the cancellation happens at short notice.
johnirvine likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 1:34 am

Is it just me or did the CR9 seat configuration change on the LUFTH CITYLINE?

This is the seat map showing for a flight I have in November, which is still on for the time being. Long time ago I flew on this type but I thought they were alternating both A/C and D/F on every row north of the curtain?

In addition, all F window seats are gone, and when I select a D seat - for example, 2D - the LH system identifies it as "Seat 2D, Window". Is D the new F?

LUFTH CITYLINE CR9
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:42 am

I'm looking at flying to RIX over New Years (presuming things improve with COVID-19). I've just done a mileage calculation to see how much I'd get for a Business (C) ticket/one way and it shows that if SAS or LOT issue the ticket, I get 4,000 Award Miles but if Lufthansa Group airlines issue it, I get 1,750 Award Miles. Am I right in thinking that it makes more sense (from an Awards POV) to avoid flying Lufthansa Group and fly SAS or LOT instead? Is there a method behind the madness of offering lower miles on Lufthansa Group flights?

As it stands, LOT is quickest however it costs more but if I get 2.3 times the number of award miles, maybe it's worth it?

Edit: I saw the M&M KreditKarte has a 20k bonus. Are non-residents able to apply and receive the card? I've got an EU (NL) bank account for SEPA payments so that isn't an issue, I also see that the application allows for non-German addresses.

Last edited by HeyUpDuck; Sep 6, 2020 at 9:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.