Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, EY Guest Gold
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here in this lounge. I'm planning to travel with Swiss in December on Premium Economy. The tickets are fully paid Premium Economy Class Standard (N-Class).

Somehow it doesn't accumulate any points on TG Royal Orchid Plus (Ref. Via this page: https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro...lliance23.page )

I'm not sure what 'N' class is on Swiss before the introduction of the new Premium Economy.

Should I had known about this, I might as well have booked in Economy to accrue some miles

Can someone please shed some light on this? I'll also post this in TG room just to get some idea on how often TG updates their Earning Miles with Star Alliance page.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
N is the lowest fare class in Premium Economy and, like the P fare in Business, doesn't earn anything in many *A programs. While I agree it's a shady practice, sadly it is what it is. You can call Swiss (or your travel agent) and ask what the cash supplement would be to upfare to a mileage-earning fare class such as E, but this is unlikely to be worth it.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GTSJK
Does anyone know how to get put on the Lufthansa waitlist for business class using United Pluspoints? I have had the ticket changed from the UA codeshare flight to the actual LH flight and the ticket is upgrade eligible (G class (premium economy). Currently there is no immediate upgrades available, but the flight has 6 empty seats and wanted to try to waitlist for one of them.
LH Electronic PlusPts Upgrades -How to use, will it clear?, issues w/flight credit,..
Old May 16, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by chris63
As early as you like, soon as BER opens & that’s very early
Thanks for the reply. Follow-up question for you or anyone else: My domestic leg (BER>MUC) allows me to check-in. My onward flight slated for Weds late night (MUC>TBS) won't allow it yet. They're on the same reservation. They will take my checked baggage all the way to TBS, correct? I won't have to worry about getting it in MUC because of the staggered nature of the reservation?
Old May 17, 2022, 1:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

No issues at all, the baggage will be tagged to your final destination and stays in the baggage system till the TBS flight is ready to go.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No issues at all, the baggage will be tagged to your final destination and stays in the baggage system till the TBS flight is ready to go.
FWIW, the TA told me they could only tag it as far as MUC, as the TBS flight isn't until tomorrow until 22:15, even though it's on the same reservation. Oh well...taxi to hotel with bags in tow.
Old May 17, 2022, 8:26 am

TA? If the checkin agent in BER can't check it thru you can definitely recheck it in MUC. Checkin in MUC is possible only within 23h of departure though.
Old May 17, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It's 24h+ connection, so through-check is not possible. That's a normal limitation for airport software.

I'm actually surprised it was possible to book a through ticket. Unless it was bought as multi-city, in which case, it's not a through leg. I suspect schedule change?
Old May 17, 2022, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It's 24h+ connection, so through-check is not possible. That's a normal limitation for airport software.

I'm actually surprised it was possible to book a through ticket. Unless it was bought as multi-city, in which case, it's not a through leg. I suspect schedule change?
Yeah, I didn't book it that way. It was a cancellation on the TBS leg for tonight and then they needed to put me off to the following day.

BTW, for other poster: I meant ticket agent for TA. Sorry for wrong acronym.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
As of recently I'm a new HON Circle member in miles and more. I just happened to find this page on the Lufthansa site about SIXT status match: https://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/sixt.

Was wondering if anybody successfully status matched- I called the HON line in the US but they didn't know anything about this.

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Hi,
I would like to get on the upper deck of the Lufthansa 747-8 and am wondering how best to go about this, I can’t find any award availability through Partners and don’t have any Lufthansa miles currently so I can’t look through there website. Obviously I could just pay to be up there but I am wondering if there are any cheaper ways to get up there? Does Lufthansa have a upgraded system?a paid one? Or potentially a free one for elites? I could probably get a status match and status match to star alliance gold, would that help me at all? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old May 18, 2022, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
As of recently I'm a new HON Circle member in miles and more. I just happened to find this page on the Lufthansa site about SIXT status match: https://www.lufthansa.com/be/en/sixt.

Was wondering if anybody successfully status matched- I called the HON line in the US but they didn't know anything about this.

Thanks!
You used to be able to apply in your M&M account, I have both the auto cards. I suggest you email HONcircle at M&M, they should be able to arrange it advise how you can
Old May 18, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
Hi,
I would like to get on the upper deck of the Lufthansa 747-8 and am wondering how best to go about this, I can’t find any award availability through Partners and don’t have any Lufthansa miles currently so I can’t look through there website. Obviously I could just pay to be up there but I am wondering if there are any cheaper ways to get up there? Does Lufthansa have a upgraded system?a paid one? Or potentially a free one for elites? I could probably get a status match and status match to star alliance gold, would that help me at all? Thanks in advance for your help!
If you book through LH, LH ticket number & flight code there would be upgrade offers to bid for but it’s never guaranteed, LH don’t upgrade elites for free & *G would be behind LH elites for op ups which are very rare anyway
Old May 18, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hi,
I would like to get on the upper deck of the Lufthansa 747-8 and am wondering how best to go about this, I can’t find any award availability through Partners and don’t have any Lufthansa miles currently so I can’t look through there website.
You can use United to look up availability on LH. If you see a Business Saver award available, it should be available to book with most Star Alliance partners. Bear in mind that this summer is already very very busy for the US-EU market and award availability is scarce across the board.

Does Lufthansa have a upgraded system?a paid one? Or potentially a free one for elites?
No free upgrades for elites on European airlines. Upgrades are often available from Economy to Business for a fixed fee, but this is unlikely to be cheaper than buying a Business ticket outright. There is also the option to bid for upgrade, but then you run the risk of your bid not being accepted, and you only find that out 72h before departure.

I could probably get a status match and status match to star alliance gold, would that help me at all?
​​​​​​​
It would not.
Old May 18, 2022, 4:49 pm

Cabin Class A on Transcon from FRA to SFO

I have a flight marked as United business/FIRST(A) in my ticket. Seat not alloted. It was booked part of prem economy. Wondering if that was a business leg or premium economy seat. Seat hasn't been assigned by agent. Eager to know if i can stretch my legs :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.