Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 8:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Normally an ID is issued a few minutes after you submit everything. The lurkers (whom you have asked) usually can look up the ID if you provide them with some personal details via PM.
Globex likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 11:46 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm looking at LH/LX flights but want to avoid P-fares due to their 0-miles-credit. In the past I used to be able to see the fare code when booking, but - unless I'm missing something - that no longer seems to be possible on the LH/LX websites. Am I missing something? Is there a way to see the fare codes before booking?
Old May 9, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
There is a "show booking classes" text/button on the right hand side after you've selected a specific fare (Light, Standard or Flex). Tricky to spot, but it's there.
Old May 9, 2022, 12:14 pm

That's exactly the button that I'm looking for - and it used to be there in the past. For me it does no longer show up, even searching the page for the word 'show' or 'booking' does not seem to result in that link.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Try clearing your cookies/cache, or a different browser? Works for me, as soon as I select a flight, the "Show booking class" link shows under the selected fare.
Old May 9, 2022, 1:41 pm

Also, this "booking class" link is missing for multi-city booking
Old May 9, 2022, 2:58 pm

Aha! Thanks, that was it. I was searching from the multi-city tool as one of the flights has a longer layover and does not show up by default. Makes it a little tricky to find the fares... though matching based on price (finding another fare having the same price) will likely get me the right classes.

Thanks for the help!
gojko88 likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Normally an ID is issued a few minutes after you submit everything. The lurkers (whom you have asked) usually can look up the ID if you provide them with some personal details via PM.
Thanks! I finally got the acknowledgement email today with the feedback ID.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I was looking at a possible award redemption NY to Munich in F but it is a Airbus A340-600. I read somewhere else when they brought these planes back out it is only the old F seats but the service is no different than J at least on the plane. Is that the case because the cost is a significant increase in miles over other J flights I can take with different airlines. Granted I would get a couple of hours in the FCT if I did this.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Red259
I was looking at a possible award redemption NY to Munich in F but it is a Airbus A340-600. I read somewhere else when they brought these planes back out it is only the old F seats but the service is no different than J at least on the plane. Is that the case because the cost is a significant increase in miles over other J flights I can take with different airlines. Granted I would get a couple of hours in the FCT if I did this.
The A346 has the same F seat as the 747-8, all LH F seats are the same & full F service on the flight. The FCT is in FRA, you can use the MUC FCL as an arrival lounge or if your continuing from MUC.
Old May 12, 2022, 1:51 am

Question

I am trying to find out if there is any chance to save money or use another route instead of my tomorrow planned flight:

LH 4530LAX
13/05/22 17:10
MUC
14/05/22 13:25
Daily
96% / 10m
J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 G0 E0 N0 Y4 B4 M4 U0 H3 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0

seems like this flight is very well booked if will not be overbooked, I am not going to make it since I am in different US city now. It's a inbound part of eco light ticket booked via OTA so canceling or rebooking is not available via LH website. The question is if there is any chance to get rebooked but change lax city to nyc or also destination city, for free, or is there any other solution how to save this ticket/part of booking price? To get at least something or in the end only unused taxes from LH when I will not use this route? Maybe total nonsense question but anyway. thank you
Old May 12, 2022, 2:01 am

It’s a good question but most probably such requests could only be handled at the airport. Unless the flight is massively overbooked they are probably going to hope for no shows (as yourself) and only handle rebooking at the gate - or maybe at checkin. Not much chance to settle it in advance. I would do OLCI and see if it gives you any offers (possibly also later, some hours before departure)
Global321 and romans like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PM for Life & 4MM, UA 1K and MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know how to get put on the Lufthansa waitlist for business class using United Pluspoints? I have had the ticket changed from the UA codeshare flight to the actual LH flight and the ticket is upgrade eligible (G class (premium economy). Currently there is no immediate upgrades available, but the flight has 6 empty seats and wanted to try to waitlist for one of them.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Dopey question, but: how early can I check baggage before a flight out of BER (for a BER>MUC>TBS route)? I don't leave until the evening but need to check out of my apartment in the morning and would rather check the bags and spend the day in town if at all possible.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by northinsouth
Dopey question, but: how early can I check baggage before a flight out of BER (for a BER>MUC>TBS route)? I don't leave until the evening but need to check out of my apartment in the morning and would rather check the bags and spend the day in town if at all possible.
As early as you like, soon as BER opens & that’s very early

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.