Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by geoffkin
In April, we booked Economy Class (S) RT tickets to Croatia.

I'm wondering about our return to USA, is our Gov. going to get rid of the Test requirement soon?

What if we Test positive and cannot return to the USA as scheduled?

Do we lose our ticket money and have to rebook for $$$ on short notice, whenever we test negative?
Who knows what your Government will do but travelling that distance is only sensible when you hold travel insurance for those contingency’s
LH wouldn’t be responsible.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:47 am

It looks like I will have a VERY long layover in Frankfurt.
Star Alliance Business class flight:
USA to Frankfurt landing first thing, 13 hour layover, Frankfurt to Asia at night due to flight changes/cancelations.
(I strongly prefer not to leave the airport.)

Is Lufthansa still selling access to the First Class Lounge? Link?
Best Lufthansa Lounges to kill a lot of time?

(I am *A Gold)

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Global321
It looks like I will have a VERY long layover in Frankfurt.
Star Alliance Business class flight:
USA to Frankfurt landing first thing, 13 hour layover, Frankfurt to Asia at night due to flight changes/cancelations.
(I strongly prefer not to leave the airport.)

Is Lufthansa still selling access to the First Class Lounge? Link?
Best Lufthansa Lounges to kill a lot of time?

(I am *A Gold)
FCL/FCT not for sale right now.

Either Senator B or Z, just depends on who is operating your departing flight.
Global321 likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by supine
Either Senator B or Z, just depends on who is operating your departing flight.
Or Air Canada lounge in B. Plenty enough time for lounge hopping.
Global321 likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by supine
FCL/FCT not for sale right now.
How much was it though?

And did one have to fly flying in/out with LH group only to get access - or was it that anyone could buy in?
Old May 7, 2022, 1:54 pm

I'd be looking into a day room option at a hotel (assuming you're able to enter Schengen) landside.

If you're arriving from the US in the morning in FRA, your body clock will be just around midnight. Staying awake in the flight, then proper "day" sleep in FRA on the ground, waking up sometime in the afternoon, and then enjoying the lounges properly, being fully refreshed. Lounges are ok, but not for such a long time. And even a basic day room (proper bed!) gives you a much better bed (and sleep) than any aircraft seat will.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:02 pm

What are the known travel insurance policies that cover positive covid test flight cancellations? Anyone?
Old May 7, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I'd be looking into a day room option at a hotel (assuming you're able to enter Schengen) landside.

If you're arriving from the US in the morning in FRA, your body clock will be just around midnight. Staying awake in the flight, then proper "day" sleep in FRA on the ground, waking up sometime in the afternoon, and then enjoying the lounges properly, being fully refreshed. Lounges are ok, but not for such a long time. And even a basic day room (proper bed!) gives you a much better bed (and sleep) than any aircraft seat will.
Good advice. Booked a day room at the Sheraton T1 from 8-6.

You are right - a nap + maybe a workout in a private room is not a bad way to spend the day.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by geoffkin
What are the known travel insurance policies that cover positive covid test flight cancellations? Anyone?
You need to source that with an insurance broker in your Country of Residence, it’s simple to do online
Old May 8, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Hi. Is there any way I can force booking engine at Swiss website to only search for flights on Swiss? It keeps forcing me various itineraries on LH/OS (which I don't wish to fly on at this time), while the ones that would be possible on LX simply aren't offered, presumably because take a bit more time. Is there any workaround or do I need to call?
Old May 8, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Honestly easier if you just use Google Flights, specifying Swiss as the only airline. Then when you move onto the buy stage, the website should offer you a direct link to book on Swiss.
the810 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
How much was it though?

And did one have to fly flying in/out with LH group only to get access - or was it that anyone could buy in?
FCL was about 200 and you had to be flying LH. But don't expect this to be coming back.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: MR Plat
FRA Irrops / EU261

Currently in Frankfurt on a long connection due to a missed connection/rebook because of delays at origination airport. I am booked YYZ-FRA-MAN, original arrival into MAN was supposed to be ~10:45am and now I'm scheduled to arrive in MAN around ~5:30pm. The YYZ-FRA LH471 flight seemed to have been delayed because of late arriving flight yesterday (May 7th) of FRA-YYZ LH470. Was there anything out of the ordinary at FRA yesterday? I can't seem to get any delay details on ExpertFlyer for either LH471 or LH470 yesterday.

Also, if I'm planning to claim EU261, will this delay fall under the short distance delay because of FRA-MAN or does the whole journey apply? EIther way, I'm over 3hrs delayed for arrival.

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2022, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Globex
Currently in Frankfurt on a long connection due to a missed connection/rebook because of delays at origination airport. I am booked YYZ-FRA-MAN, original arrival into MAN was supposed to be ~10:45am and now I'm scheduled to arrive in MAN around ~5:30pm. The YYZ-FRA LH471 flight seemed to have been delayed because of late arriving flight yesterday (May 7th) of FRA-YYZ LH470. Was there anything out of the ordinary at FRA yesterday? I can't seem to get any delay details on ExpertFlyer for either LH471 or LH470 yesterday.

Also, if I'm planning to claim EU261, will this delay fall under the short distance delay because of FRA-MAN or does the whole journey apply? EIther way, I'm over 3hrs delayed for arrival.

Thanks!
If both legs are in a single ticket, yes the whole journey counts and unless there is an extraordinary circumstance beyond LH's control, you are eligible for EC261/2004 compensation of €600 since you have arrived at your final destination 5h45mins later than scheduled.
gojko88 and Globex like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If both legs are in a single ticket, yes the whole journey counts and unless there is an extraordinary circumstance beyond LH's control, you are eligible for EC261/2004 compensation of €600 since you have arrived at your final destination 5h45mins later than scheduled.
Thank you! I submitted via the LH website today. Should I have received an email acknowledgement of receipt with Feedback ID? Or do these submissions go into a "black hole" until they respond at some point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.