Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Points expiry

Hello All,

First time posting on this forum. I have tried but can't find the search thread button on my tablet currently.
I am UK based and have been collecting my points but because the UK Credit card has been discontinued, my points will be expiring on 30/06/22. I have enough for two return (biz) to US or South Africa. I can't find the information and hopefully someone would be able to help.
For a reward flight: does the outbound need to be completed before 30/06/22 (point expiry date) or do I just have to book a flight before my points expire (and fly for example outbound in October)?

Any information much appreciated, or if you could point me in the right directions.

Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by kiwidragon
For a reward flight: does the outbound need to be completed before 30/06/22 (point expiry date) or do I just have to book a flight before my points expire (and fly for example outbound in October)?
You just need to book before points expire.

It used to be the case that you could artificially extend the validity of the points by booking far in the future, then canceling and your points would be credited back with an expiration date at the end of the quarter, however I'm not sure if that's still the case.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
M&M will continue to extend the miles as they have not found a partner for a new CC in the UK so far: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...members-4.html
Old Feb 22, 2022, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
It used to be the case that you could artificially extend the validity of the points by booking far in the future, then canceling and your points would be credited back with an expiration date at the end of the quarter, however I'm not sure if that's still the case.
Plenty of folks have reported recently that the expired points were not left in their account to the end of the quarter automatically.

Some folks had success getting them returned, others no luck.

It's recommended that you rebook in a single phone call rather than rolling the dice with a cancellation with the intent to book something else soon-ish.
kiwidragon and malmostoso like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Just curious as to how mileage is calculated on a LH-ticketed itinerary that includes a sector on a non-star alliance/partner carrier (in this case Qantas).

Am I correct in thinking that award miles as normal based on price of ticket and 0 status miles? Would there be any chance in claiming those miles in another program? (It’s an A fare)
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar
Just curious as to how mileage is calculated on a LH-ticketed itinerary that includes a sector on a non-star alliance/partner carrier (in this case Qantas).

Am I correct in thinking that award miles as normal based on price of ticket and 0 status miles? Would there be any chance in claiming those miles in another program? (It’s an A fare)
I think the problem you are going to run into is that *A is based on operating carrier while OW is usually based on marketing carrier.

Which *A would you be trying to credit to? You would need to check if they have the possibility to earn on QF (e.g. M&M does not).

Alternatively if you want to try crediting to a OW program, you would need to check the corner case of the marketing carrier being non-OW.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
M&M will continue to extend the miles as they have not found a partner for a new CC in the UK so far: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...members-4.html
Thanks for this but I received an email in November stating that my points will expire 30/06/22 and no further extensions will be given. The same has been mentioned by others on the thread you linked.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
You just need to book before points expire.
That's great. I am keen to book something for later on in the year.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: AC*50K, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold
FRA lounge access if connecting from AC Int'l Biz to Y for BAR leg

Hi, haven't traveled in many years and tried searching the wiki's but couldn't find my answer.

I'm traveling AC from YYZ-FRA-BCN this Thursday and wondering if I'm allowed into the LH lounge in Frankfurt? The Int'l leg YYZ-FRA is on Business but my connecting leg to BCN is in Y. I'm a low Altitude member of AC.

BTW, if anyone will be in FRA between 7 am and 10 am on Friday Feb 25 would love to connect.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by sargento; Feb 22, 2022 at 11:28 pm Reason: Updated with correct destination code - Barcelona BCN
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by sargento
I'm traveling AC from YYZ-FRA-BAR this Thursday and wondering if I'm allowed into the LH lounge in Frankfurt? The Int'l leg YYZ-FRA is on Business but my connecting leg to BAR is in Y. I'm a low Altitude member of AC.
*A lounge access is generally based on your departing flight.

If you are departing in Y and are not *Gold then no lounge access.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Resolved.

Last edited by Flauschie_Mr; Feb 22, 2022 at 12:53 pm Reason: Resolved
Old Feb 22, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, DL Diamond, EK Plat, LH Senator
Hi, haven't traveled in many years and tried searching the wiki's but couldn't find my answer.

I'm traveling AC from YYZ-FRA-BCN this Thursday and wondering if I'm allowed into the LH lounge in Frankfurt? The Int'l leg YYZ-FRA is on Business but my connecting leg to BCN is in Y. I'm a low Altitude member of AC.

BTW, if anyone will be in FRA between 7 am and 10 am on Friday Feb 25 would love to connect.

Thanks for your help.
You can as long as the YYZ-FRA is in the same ticket as FRA-BCN and FRA-BCN connects directly from YYZ-FRA.

Last edited by gtxlow; Feb 23, 2022 at 12:20 am Reason: Airport code was wrong for Barcelona
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by supine
*A lounge access is generally based on your departing flight.

If you are departing in Y and are not *Gold then no lounge access.
thanks.. so if my transcontinental flight is in Business and I'm just connecting in FRA to Barcelona, I should NOT have access in FRA? I'm a lonely 25K AC Silver member.

Last edited by sargento; Feb 22, 2022 at 11:36 pm Reason: Added the word "Not"
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
thanks.. so if my transcontinental flight is in Business and I'm just connecting in FRA to Barcelona, I should NOT have access in FRA? I'm a lonely 25K AC Silver member.
That is correct, you will have no lounge access. Unfortunately, information posted by gtxlow is incorrect.

BTW, Barcelona is BCN; I really hope you don't end up flying to Qionghai
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan
That is correct, you will have no lounge access. Unfortunately, information posted by gtxlow is incorrect.

BTW, Barcelona is BCN; I really hope you don't end up flying to Qionghai
Txs! Appreciate the honesty.. and you're right.. I'm flying to BCN - Barcelona... oopppsss the lack of travel makes me rusty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.