Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by webstereo
There seem to be some good fares to AKL in business from CDG in Sep However, that all transit HKG. Currently it's an impossible journey as far as I can tell. Is it a risk worth taking to book such a journey?
I booked trip last November for travel this April via HKG from AKL to GLA (on codeshare AirNz outbound/ Cathay inbound) . Both legs got cancelled so Lufthansa moved my Auckland flight legs to Singapore on singapore air at no cost as the change was down to them. If you aren't planning on a stopover then doesn't the risk lie with Lufthansa after they have taken your money?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mortonman
I booked trip last November for travel this April via HKG from AKL to GLA (on codeshare AirNz outbound/ Cathay inbound) . Both legs got cancelled so Lufthansa moved my Auckland flight legs to Singapore on singapore air at no cost as the change was down to them. If you aren't planning on a stopover then doesn't the risk lie with Lufthansa after they have taken your money?
Certainly not planning a stopover. Perhaps the only real way to resolve this is to cal Lufthansa?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What's ICN like? Are transits possible. My reading suggests yes. It shows a fairly long layover though. Would 11 hours there be a nightmare?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Once the HKG option is no longer feasible (cancellation, schedule adjustment) you get on the phone and call LH to reroute via SIN. They will do it for no charge. Routing via the far east makes no sense while the russian airspace is closed for LH/LX/OS.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey,

If I have an upcoming flight that I paid eco for (class S), and then paid for the upgrade to business (class P), can I phone the airlines and still upgrade to a higher business class (e.g. Z, C, etc)?

Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
Hey,

If I have an upcoming flight that I paid eco for (class S), and then paid for the upgrade to business (class P), can I phone the airlines and still upgrade to a higher business class (e.g. Z, C, etc)?

Thanks.
You should be able to do this...
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:25 pm

Does anyone know if I could check through luggage OS to LH on separate PNRs, if the connection is not a LH/OS hub? E.g. flying VIE-AMS-FRA on separate tickets?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by mb752
Does anyone know if I could check through luggage OS to LH on separate PNRs, if the connection is not a LH/OS hub? E.g. flying VIE-AMS-FRA on separate tickets?
Technically, yes. But from my experience it depends on the goodwill and competence of the check in agent.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Technically, yes. But from my experience it depends on the goodwill and competence of the check in agent.
Got it, thanks. Maybe I'll plan on carryon only, just to be safe.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:18 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Got it, thanks. Maybe I'll plan on carryon only, just to be safe.
Had it done on XXX-ZRH-BCN//BCN-VIE. Should not be much of an issue.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:06 am

Probably yes, but why sould you do such a thing :-)
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Had it done on XXX-ZRH-BCN//BCN-VIE. Should not be much of an issue.
Awesome, good to know. Thank you!

Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
Probably yes, but why sould you do such a thing :-)
Much cheaper ticket prices originating from a different non-hub airport for instance. Or a last minute change in travel plans necessitating a different origin point than planned, and not wanting to reprice an entire long-haul ticket.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Difference in Fare

Hi all,

I've been looking at tkt prices from the US to India on LX and see that LX metal prices are lower while booking through LH website. Is this normal or should I be worried about something? The difference isn't much but about 25USD

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:36 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by SuraBoy
Hi all,

I've been looking at tkt prices from the US to India on LX and see that LX metal prices are lower while booking through LH website. Is this normal or should I be worried about something? The difference isn't much but about 25USD

Thanks
This is normal. Just remember that any rebookings will be consequently handled by Lufthansa and they apply their own rebooking/cancelling conditions.
You'll be able to choose seats on LX site/app if LH site/app doesn't allow it.
I have LH reservation to BKK on LX flights. Nothing much to worry about.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Originally Posted by andywaw
This is normal. Just remember that any rebookings will be consequently handled by Lufthansa and they apply their own rebooking/cancelling conditions.
You'll be able to choose seats on LX site/app if LH site/app won't allow it.
I have LH reservation to BKK on LX flights. Nothing much to worry about.
Understood, thanks for the prompt reply. Are LH policies restrictive compared to LX's own? Looks like I'll have 120 mins of connection time in ZRH, so not really worried about delays (fingers crossed)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.