Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Miles & More number works with all Miles & More airlines, LOT included. It doesn't have to be affiliated with LOT. You can also claim miles after the flight.
"Multiple Miles" is only optional.
LOT Diners Club is the only card in Poland to earn award miles (status miles are not earned with a credit card, except for the promotion last year), and yes Diners Poland stopped taking new registrations. They are said to withdraw their business from Poland by the end of 2022. Nobody knows whether any other bank will cooperate with LOT/Miles & More.
ronjames likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Excellent. Thank you!

And that's a shame about Diner's Club withdrawing their LOT partnership. However, I would have to imagine that with the post-COVID travel recovery, that another company will take it up.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ronjames
My wife and I will be moving to Warsaw next month for minimum 4 1/2 years for work. As part of this relocation, my company will pay for a YOW-YYZ-WAW (must be this routing) in business class. It seems like I can't buy this ticket off Air Canada's website, therefore, it seems like I'll be entering the domain of Miles & More.
Maybe a silly question, but why don't you just give them your Aeroplan frequent flyer number when buying that ticket? Calculate whether it makes more sense for you to start fresh with M&M, or continue with Aeroplan.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
That's a fair question. Perhaps it's best to just credit the miles to my Aeroplan account. I'll have to do some research into how many Aeroplan miles I'd get
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If your move is only tempoary I would credit the flights to Aeroplan. LOT does offer fares from/to YOW I used them once to get to YOW in business for a hearing. The domestic part is booked on AC flight numbers.
ronjames likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
F Availability

Looking at LH 455 on Friday, 3/4/22.

First Class
ExpertFlyer shows F2
Seat Map shows 5 occupied and 3 blocked
Booking through Lufthansa.com shows no availability

What should be made of the various data points? Are there 2 seats available still?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
There are two seats for sale. Cabin is booked 6/8 and one pax has no seat assignment right now. Can't speak to LH website working well but you can book via Google Flights through to lh.com.

LH likes to block lots of seats. I'm not a regular flyer so I don't remember which seats are for what, but usually some are blocked for SEN/HON, pax with disabilities, etc.
SFOrunner likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:39 am

T-6h6m until departure. (2:45 PM PST, SFO-FRA, LH455)
  • 5 seats occupied, 3 seats blocked (per ExpertFlyer)
  • F=2 (per ExpertFlyer), A=0
What are the chances of LH creating O space w/ those two seats? Will they let the seats go out empty vs. issuing award tickets?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
T-6h6m until departure. (2:45 PM PST, SFO-FRA, LH455)
  • 5 seats occupied, 3 seats blocked (per ExpertFlyer)
  • F=2 (per ExpertFlyer), A=0
What are the chances of LH creating O space w/ those two seats? Will they let the seats go out empty vs. issuing award tickets?
You also have to look at the business class loads - if biz (and possibly the other classes) are running full, they will *not* release F space for awards...
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You also have to look at the business class loads - if biz (and possibly the other classes) are running full, they will *not* release F space for awards...
Business is J8 C8 D8 Z8 P8 at t-4h42m. I'll let you know what happens!
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
Business is J8 C8 D8 Z8 P8 at t-4h42m. I'll let you know what happens!
Wide open in biz - so better chances for O to open up...
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hdogan
Maybe a silly question, but why don't you just give them your Aeroplan frequent flyer number when buying that ticket? Calculate whether it makes more sense for you to start fresh with M&M, or continue with Aeroplan.
Originally Posted by ronjames
That's a fair question. Perhaps it's best to just credit the miles to my Aeroplan account. I'll have to do some research into how many Aeroplan miles I'd get
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If your move is only tempoary I would credit the flights to Aeroplan. LOT does offer fares from/to YOW I used them once to get to YOW in business for a hearing. The domestic part is booked on AC flight numbers.
If ronjames is planning to travel in Y within Europe on a reasonably frequent basis, it might be worth changing to M&M. 30 segments on LO or LHg will grant FTL, which will give the basic set of benefits in M&M hubs at least, maintaining Aeroplan status, if any, will be a pain given that you can't earn SQD except on AC tickets.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Wide open in biz - so better chances for O to open up...
Was F=2 until 1:00 PM, and at 1:05 PM it went to F0.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I understand that when I purchase a LH ticket I can cancel it within 24h of the purchase. When this happens does one have the option of getting the refund as a voucher or is it only as a refund back to the method of payment (debit card / credit card / wire transfer)? I'm asking since United is giving me always the options between refund and future flight credit.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
I understand that when I purchase a LH ticket I can cancel it within 24h of the purchase. When this happens does one have the option of getting the refund as a voucher or is it only as a refund back to the method of payment (debit card / credit card / wire transfer)? I'm asking since United is giving me always the options between refund and future flight credit.
Refund to the original method of payment only
Flauschie_Mr and andywaw like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.