Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Claim the compensation? I mean... what else would you do?
dc0608 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
One if my LH flights was just cancelled. I was rebooked on a different LH flight, however now I have only 20min. to connect in FRA. I had 1h 20min. in my original booking. I’m connecting from an LH to LH, all within Europe.

I got an email from LH customer service to reach out to them, but before I do, I hope you can help me with the following questions:

1) Is a connection time of 20min. doable?

2) Since LH officially cancelled one flights am I entitled to choose a completely new routing?

3) I would like to fly a different route. The cancelled flight affects my return flight, but am I also allowed to change my outbound flight? I guess what I’m asking is: what am I allowed to change regarding my ticket? I also paid for two upgrades to business class (the cancelled flight and the 1st connect), not sure how that factors everything.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:37 pm

1) No. If on a single booking (as it looks like), you'll be rebooked. If on two bookings, there is close to zero percentage to make such connection. Schengen-to-Schengen, without any security check/immigration, and gates nearby to each other, you might have a chance. But I'd not even think about booking such a connection on two PNRs. And as said, on one booking, they'll not allow that.

I've had in the past connections that were rebooked because the connection time dropped from 45min to 40min. 4 similar cases in fact.

I walked to the departure gate quickly, and it did involve immigration and security check, and about 10min of walking. I did make all those 40min connections just about, but then I knew perfectly well what I was doing, holding SEN status and able to use the Schengen (non existing) immigration lines.

2) Depends when the next flight will be, what other airlines are available, and so on. Generally speaking, LH will happily rebook onto LH Group, also if it means connecting in ZRH/MUC/VIE, as long as this alternative gets you to your destination quicker than the next direct flight. I've had some luck in changing destinations when schedule changes happened, but only for good reasons, and holding Elite status with LH did help somewhat I'm fairly sure.

They'll not change your destination from LHR to BHX if there is a perfectly fine alternative flight reaching LHR an hour later. But they might, if there is no further flight on that day to LHR, but a later (doable) one to BHX. (as an example)

There are not strict rules here what's allowed and what's not, agents do have some leeway, but it depends a lot on the circumstances.
Flauschie_Mr likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:40 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
One if my LH flights was just cancelled. I was rebooked on a different LH flight, however now I have only 20min. to connect in FRA. I had 1h 20min. in my original booking. I’m connecting from an LH to LH, all within Europe.

I got an email from LH customer service to reach out to them, but before I do, I hope you can help me with the following questions:

1) Is a connection time of 20min. doable?

2) Since LH officially cancelled one flights am I entitled to choose a completely new routing?

3) I would like to fly a different route. The cancelled flight affects my return flight, but am I also allowed to change my outbound flight? I guess what I’m asking is: what am I allowed to change regarding my ticket? I also paid for two upgrades to business class (the cancelled flight and the 1st connect), not sure how that factors everything.
1 - no, MCT is 0:45 and I wouldn't risk that
2 - yes, you are entitled to a rebooking
3 - I am not sure
Flauschie_Mr likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The upgrades are reversed and can be applied on the rebooked segment.
The agents can cancel the entire trip and apply the credit to a new trip. But you can too just buy a new ticket after the refund.
More here:
Rules for Involuntary & long-term Schedule Changes
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: Miles and more - HON Circle
I have some Lufthansa questions.

- So, how come when I booked LH flight to IAD in business class, taking most expensive Business Flex option I end up getting Business class Z (reduced milage count). Is there a rule for these things. Shouldn't it be that the most expensive option brings the most miles?

And second comment is that Lufthansa Business class is probably the saddest in the Star Alliance at the moment. Literally I was hungry and had to snack things I bough "just in case"...only two times serving drinks on 9 hour flights.... I really think it is not worth it compared to other Star Alliance members...
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Unfortunately flexibility options were decoupled from booking class a few years back, so the website always offers the lowest available fare class across all options regardless of which one you choose.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:11 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by DanB35
I have some Lufthansa questions.

- So, how come when I booked LH flight to IAD in business class, taking most expensive Business Flex option I end up getting Business class Z (reduced milage count). Is there a rule for these things. Shouldn't it be that the most expensive option brings the most miles?

„I“ class does not earn any miles, that is for redemption only. Z is pretty good, lowest is P
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 59Impala
„I“ class does not earn any miles, that is for redemption only. Z is pretty good, lowest is P
Too much FlyerTalk geekery The "I" in OP's post was a personal pronoun, not a booking class
gojko88 and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:39 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by hdogan
Too much FlyerTalk geekery The "I" in OP's post was a personal pronoun, not a booking class
. Ha ha. Did not realize that. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Unfortunately flexibility options were decoupled from booking class a few years back, so the website always offers the lowest available fare class across all options regardless of which one you choose.
On the flip side, you don't have to pay through the nose if you want an option to cancel your flight.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: Miles and more - HON Circle
That is like silver lining I mean, they should let us know in advance.....
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:37 am

They do, if you know where to look.

Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
What factor(s) change the price of an upgrade from economy or economy plus to business class? the price of the original ticket? the seat fare (K, L, Y, etc) of the original ticket? the current price of the business class ticket? etc

Thanks

Last edited by MasterGberry; Feb 18, 2022 at 7:23 am
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3 Gold, KL Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
You can see which class next to every flight, when booking on LH page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.