Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:17 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by BRflyer
Hi everyone, sorry about the silly question. I would like to know if passengers need to have a COVID certificate to enter the First Class Lounge A (I am aware this is necessary in FRA). Also, 1st Class passengers on a ZRH-FRA-GRU itinerary would have access to the First Class Facilities in Zurich as well, correct?
THanks!
Assuming the itin is ticketed as a single ticket you have access to the F infrastructure in ZRH.

Yes, you either need to have a proof of vaccination or evidence of recovery to enter the lounges in FRA:

*** FFP2 or medical mask obligatory. Proof of vaccination, evidence of recovery (...) is required. Children up to the age of 6 are exempt from these regulations.***
Keep in mind that the F lounge in A operates on a restricted schedule. The current opening hours are 0600-1400 only.

For details see: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounges
st8dm likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:14 am

Hi all,

A couple of newbie questions - have searched around but can't find easy answers. I have star alliance gold status valid until May 31st on TAP from the status match. I am now flying LH enough to be looking at FTL which would would make my monthly work trip more comfortable for sure, so I need to switch my flying to Miles & more. I there an easy way of using the benefits of my TAP status whilst having the sectors credit to miles and more? I know in oneworld the Finnair website used to be handy for this switching. If it helps, I'm only really bothered about lounge access so am I likely to be able to place my miles & more number in but use my TAP card for entry?

Secondly - do codeshares count for the 30 sectors? Since it says 'operated by' I suspect they would not, but I frequently use flights on BT and AM which carry LH codes, would be nice if they credited. If they aren't going to credit anyway I wouldn't have to worry about the swapping around of FF numbers.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No codeshares flight needs to be operated by integrated partners. Keep the M&M number in the reservation and show your TP*G to get in the lounge. Wildly switching numbers doesn’t work.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No codeshares flight needs to be operated by integrated partners. Keep the M&M number in the reservation and show your TP*G to get in the lounge. Wildly switching numbers doesn’t work.
Perfect, thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Newbie question for LH gurus: I have relocated to a region where it is better for me to catch LH flights, I have UA PP status and also AA Plat. Does LH allows status match to AA? If it does, what is the process. Even though I have a UA PP, I cannot even get the seats assigned in advance leve alone comp. upgrade. Would greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH doesn't match status except for occasional campaigns. UA premier platinum status is just vanilla UA*G for Lufthansa, so you won't get free ASR and any complimentary upgrades on LH. Not that SEN get that either
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Newbie question for LH gurus: I have relocated to a region where it is better for me to catch LH flights, I have UA PP status and also AA Plat. Does LH allows status match to AA?
LH rarely matches status unless they are doing a targeted promotion like this recent one Status Match for elite Alitalia MilleMiglia

If it does, what is the process. Even though I have a UA PP, I cannot even get the seats assigned in advance leve alone comp. upgrade. Would greatly appreciate some guidance. Thanks
Do not get your hopes up about complementary upgrades with the LH group, they are happy for premium seats to fly empty.

They only really do operational upgrades, where status would obviously increase your chances of being chosen.

Otherwise the only upgrades will be with eVouchers, miles or cash.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: M&M
Please can anyone give me some tips on what the smoothest router from WAW to Lagos, NG is? Obviously on Star Alliance.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by bertles86
Please can anyone give me some tips on what the smoothest router from WAW to Lagos, NG is? Obviously on Star Alliance.
Best one stops are either LH via FRA or TK via IST.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:24 pm

I used to be able to book flights on LH.com from Europe to SDQ via NYC/IAD with the last leg on United. For a few months now, when I search for any random dates, the airports error page comes up. It's no longer possible to book this itinerary. Why would this be? They no longer partner with United on that route? Is it temporary? Worth calling to see if they can book it manually?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:09 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Baker421
I used to be able to book flights on LH.com from Europe to SDQ via NYC/IAD with the last leg on United. For a few months now, when I search for any random dates, the airports error page comes up. It's no longer possible to book this itinerary. Why would this be? They no longer partner with United on that route? Is it temporary? Worth calling to see if they can book it manually?
You can always call LH to get it booked over the phone or use a TA. As a self service remedy - have you tried to stitch together the itin you are looking for via google flights and then see if you get a button to purchase it from lh.com?

Can you book via united.com? That could be an interesting alternative if you are looking for M&M RDM, since tickets issued under 016 stock don't fall under LH's meager earning rate.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
You can always call LH to get it booked over the phone or use a TA. As a self service remedy - have you tried to stitch together the itin you are looking for via google flights and then see if you get a button to purchase it from lh.com?

Can you book via united.com? That could be an interesting alternative if you are looking for M&M RDM, since tickets issued under 016 stock don't fall under LH's meager earning rate.
Google flights only gives me the booking options for lufthansa on google, united.com, and calling LH. United.com is an option, I didn't realise I could earn more M&M doing that. Thanks for the tip. I guess I need to do more research!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Award re-issue question

Not a newbie but asking anyway..

I’ve an award on Air Canada issued with M&M miles that would have expired. So if I’m to cancel the award now, I’d lose the points as far as I know but date changes are permitted.

My question today is, would a route change be considered a change, or would it be a cancellation, and points to be returned to M&M account which could effectively disappear once in.

Current booking : YVR-YUL.
Want to change: YVR-YYZ.

Danke!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:19 am

You have to call in and ask the agent to do it in one transaction. They have the ability to refund the booking and start a new one (and collect the 50€ change/cancellation fee), but sometimes things go wrong...: Be aware: LH not following their own T&C rules for cancelled award tickets
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:48 pm

Booked F on LH 747 via Avianca Lifemiles. When looking at reservation on LH website, it says that seat selection is not available for this flight. Any workaround?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.