Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Leyland1989
My flight is only 2 weeks away at this point, what can I do ?
Two weeks is plenty of time, and if your reservation on LH.com shows all current segments as "confirmed", there's no reason to worry. Thousands of tickets are being reissued at the moment so it's normal that the queue is long, but there's no way your ticket won't be reissued in time for the flights. I wouldn't worry at all until 4-5 days before the flight at the earliest.
mmff likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC P(easant)25K
Originally Posted by mmff
What does your booking show when you access it at Swiss.com? Is it fine apart from the missing eticket numbers?
I can access my booking at Swiss.com with the booking code.

The booking is fine, everything is as intended.
When I request access to my e-ticket by email, they will email me the one I had originally booked with the cancelled flight looking like this.

Cancelled flight showing up on eticket
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC P(easant)25K
Originally Posted by gojko88
Two weeks is plenty of time, and if your reservation on LH.com shows all current segments as "confirmed", there's no reason to worry. Thousands of tickets are being reissued at the moment so it's normal that the queue is long, but there's no way your ticket won't be reissued in time for the flights. I wouldn't worry at all until 4-5 days before the flight at the earliest.
Hopefully I will receive my ticket in the coming days.
I booked my flight on Swiss.com, I am not sure how I can tell if my reservation is "confirmed", the eticket I request from their website is still showing my cancelled flight.

edit: Turns out I can access the same booking on Lufthansa's website. All my bookings are showing as "Status Confirmed"
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Not so much a newbie question but not sure where else to put it...
What's the OS TATL biz experience like these days?

I previously booked CDG -> ZRH -> JFK for this month but now I see availability for CDG -> VIE -> JFK and I'm very tempted to switch as I weigh the DoCo experience (in normal times!) pretty highly...
Old Sep 29, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
What's the OS TATL biz experience like these days?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33588622-post525.html

Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:32 am

lufthansa/swiss non-dairy options?

my spouse, who cannot have dairy, is traveling lufthansa and swiss next month. it's their first time flying LH, and first time flying since covid started. it's a work trip booked through the office agency, and we've had past experiences where the agency has failed to communicate dietary restrictions and make the appropriate arrangements. we usually pack something for the outbound trip, but that won't be an option for the return.

while we will contact LH directly regarding the meal situation, can anyone tell me how good LH is with restricted diet meals, and whether they provide decent options or substitutes? for example, i know some airlines offer vegan options, but might not understand that "nondairy" means no butter as well as no milk, and we have had issues with places that confuse vegan with vegetarian, which often includes cheese.

the flight is booked in "business (P)" class, if that matters or helps. thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/spec....solo_continue

LH knows what vegan is...
No meat or fish products, no alcohol, no dairy products or eggs
The LH/OS special Meal FAQ thread
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH knows what vegan is...

The LH/OS special Meal FAQ thread
Apparently not, as there is vegan alcohol. (Non-vegan alcohol exists, too.)
Old Oct 3, 2021, 1:34 pm

I am just curious if I can ask for refund taxes (I heard something about it but never experienced) back when I am not flying my LH flight. Has anyone experiences with this, how to request please? thx

Rebooking is too expensive and price of ticket quite low.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 2:11 am

Programs: mileage plus
Is Luftansa business lounge accepting expired Vouchers?

I'm flying through FRA outbound and YVR inbound and return through YYZ. I would like to use the BL voucher in FRA. Does anyone know if they are waiving expiration dates? It's only going to be 5 days expired and I was unable to use for most of 2020 since lounges were closed or limited in service. Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Hi all, we are in need of advise here. Our flight back in July from Berlin was cancelled due to a technical issue and we were rebooked on a later date. The gentleman at the service deskt told us to contact LH since we are due compensation under EU 261. I contact LH in July already to asked about the compensation but did not hear back from them since. It is over two month now.

Do you suggest I should wait a bit longer or just hand it over to one of those online "flight right lawyers"? I used them a couple of times before and it worked just fine, but I'd prefer to handle it with Lufthansa directly.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Remind LH of this (getting in touch with lurkers on here should work fine), if still no reply, involve Luftfahrt-Bundesamt.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Remind LH of this (getting in touch with lurkers on here should work fine), if still no reply, involve Luftfahrt-Bundesamt.
Thank you Fabo.sk , will do.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:16 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
Booked Business Saver on my flight in 1 PNR: FRA-LHR-FRA for €300

LH policy is no refund paid to business saver. If i reissue ticket change date and fare class to Business Flex. Paid fare diff €100 plus €35 fees.

Then decided to refund the ticket, would i get €400 back?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 6:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope, the non-refundable part will stay non-refundable,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.