Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks, I hear you. Even though I am in 1. Klasse I expect it will be total chaos. I went to Duisburg Hbf and the ticket counter guy told me to forget it, all trains have been cancelled from what he could see in the system. So I will refund the train ticket and take a one way miles ticket.

Being a true traveller, I will choose the option with SAS with a 6 hour layover in Copenhagen. Such a great place to visit from time to time. It's still my summer holiday, so I might as well do it! Anyone know of a good place for a decent lunch in Copenhagen? It would seem that since I am fully vaccinated and resident in a Schengen country there will be no issues entering the country from Germany.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 59Impala
flex plus to my knowledge are more expensive as they cover airline surcharges as well.
Originally Posted by Concerto
I see, so you are paying 2,000 miles for 20-35 Euros. Could actually be worth doing.
Actually, I was just having a look at this and clicking around to see if I could find any more examples (as if I don't have anything better to do at the moment apart from preparing I puritani). Looking at some one way business class fares (award tickets using miles) I saw that for 3,000 miles more in Business Flex Plus you could get a reduction of up to even as much as €60, making it a good deal indeed.

To put a floor under this, I would say that if you get €30 or more for your 3,000 miles extra, you are getting a deal that's worth taking advantage of. But some of those Economy Flex Plus miles fares only got you €10 reduction for your extra 2,000 miles. Those I would avoid completely.

Last edited by Concerto; Aug 22, 2021 at 3:04 pm Reason: The increase is 3,000 miles for Business Flex Plus, not 2,000
Old Aug 24, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Could someone kindly remind me what the rules are for involuntary rebooking if I want to change the departure airport? I seem to recall that free changes were allowed up to a 200-mile radius, but I'm not sure if I invented it.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
249 miles within the same country.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:34 am

Hi! Any news about Vienna lounge?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by powergean
Hi! Any news about Vienna lounge?
They are open

There is a lounge thread & details on OS & LH .com
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:57 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Airside check in

Does anybody have any experience doing an airside check in? I'm flying into Chicago on a different airline and a different ticket. Hoping to be able to check in with Lufthansa at the gate. Does anyone know how early they get to the gate? I know US airlines usually staff the gate 60 minutes before departure, But also I know for Lufthansa checkin time is 60 minutes before departure. Just trying not to have to clear security twice.

***I can confirm I was able to check in online and then do my document verification at the gate with ease to collect my boarding passes***

Last edited by DoubleWidesFly; Aug 29, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LH Lurkers responded to a similar question about ORD:

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello FriendlyConfines,

My colleagues have just come back with the following replies:

There is the Service desk in the lobby ( landside) in terminal 1. There is only the gate counter at B17 ( near the B18 lounge). Depending on what type of service is required, we may or may not be able to handle it at the gate counter (ie. Rebooking using disruption transfer can be done at the gate. A complicated reissue must be handled at the lobby service desk)

Check in opens at 13:00 h.

Agents at gate before boarding – they arrive 90 minutes before boarding to open the gate.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Birgit
DoubleWidesFly likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once something similar happened to me at Chicago ORD one afternoon, following arrival on a different flight but the same carrier, which meant I was in the same part of the airport. What I ended up doing was finding a gate that wasn't manned and didn't have a flight for the next few hours. I surreptitiously stuffed a bunch of items such as a bottle of water, washbag and some books plus other stuff, I forget what now, behind the gate counter, where the agent would sit. I quickly slipped out, did my check-in (lucky I had priority counter), breezed through security and recuperated my things. It was a calculated risk but it worked like clockwork. It was stuff that I could have lived without, obviously, if some cleaner had binned it all.
DoubleWidesFly likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:05 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi looking at booking a business class flight with LH from BCN to GRU in Business Class code fare P - if i do have to use the no fees rebook option can I downgrade my travel class as I suspect the fare difference if I did have to change would be a lot unless I did go in prem-econ or econ instead
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by sistergeorge
Hi looking at booking a business class flight with LH from BCN to GRU in Business Class code fare P - if i do have to use the no fees rebook option can I downgrade my travel class as I suspect the fare difference if I did have to change would be a lot unless I did go in prem-econ or econ instead
I don't think you'd be able to change class of service, but I don't understand why not just cancel and rebook?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I don't think you'd be able to change class of service, but I don't understand why not just cancel and rebook?
It’s a non refundable fare.

You can change without fee but have to pay the difference and if it has to stay in business that could be very expensive.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by sistergeorge
It’s a non refundable fare.

You can change without fee but have to pay the difference and if it has to stay in business that could be very expensive.
I was thinking of this and didn't consider that it says 2020:

Has your flight been cancelled or do you wish to travel at a later date? Tickets with travel starting within the European Union*, Switzerland, Great Britain or the USA that have been booked up to and including 15 May 2020, can be converted into a Flight Value Voucher.

* excluding Greece, Bulgaria and Slovakia
At any rate it seems that you can (emphasis mine):

2.) All tickets issued before or on 31 July 2021, with a travel date between 01 February 2020 and 31 August 2021, can in addition be exchanged once to a new travel, including changes to your travel class, departure or destination airport *. New travel must start latest by 31 July 2022. The ticket will be recalculated and additional payment may be required if the new fare is higher. To do so, please contact our Service Center or your travel agency by 31 October 2021 and have your ticket number ready.
So try calling lh and see what happens!
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I was thinking of this and didn't consider that it says 2020:

At any rate it seems that you can (emphasis mine):

So try calling lh and see what happens!
Will have to give them a call but worried about getting told something that then isn’t actually the case when you come try and do it later.

Sadly those guidelines are up to 31 July.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 2:36 pm

So far calling LH what’s happened is that I’ve been on hold for an hour and 50 minutes of a recorded message telling me that my call is very important to them - when all evidence suggests it’s clearly not…..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.