Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by raffa
in the MOBILITY offers in the M&M website I can only see one offer for the Avis Prestige line, and for Avis vans.
just last month I successfully rented via M&M for an AVIS car and a promo.
also looking at the "retroactive credit" in the dropdown menu there is no mention of AVIS, but it's weird becaus in the search bar you can read "e.g. AVIS"
I'm wondering if Avis is being phased out as a M&M partner?
any ideas?

Retrocredit with Avis has to be done via Avis: https://production.rent-at-avis.com/..._missing_miles

The Avis M&M co-op is alive and well: https://production.rent-at-avis.com/...?open&~Default
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Retrocredit with Avis has to be done via Avis: https://production.rent-at-avis.com/..._missing_miles

The Avis M&M co-op is alive and well: https://production.rent-at-avis.com/...?open&~Default
I remember well this page, but coming from the Belgian M&M page, I can't see AVIS listed normally. Also, your link refers to an expired promo.
So I hope it's just a glitch and I'll try anyway to use your link for my next booking.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Should have asked this in my questions above. Does anyone know if LH business passengers have access to fast track security in Dublin?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You call them and ask to open a ticket why the trip was refunded as you didn't initiate the refund.
Originally Posted by B0gdan
Fuming a bit at Lufthansa moving my flight by about 5-10 minutes twice, then going ahead and refunding it because I asked for it. I have not asked for it, but just didn't react and might have happened is Lufthansa somehow detecting a click on the ask for refund button while I was scrolling their ill-formatted email in my Gmail app. The agent on the phone was most unhelpful, saying there's nothing she can do and that the refund for just the taxes was processed.

Do I have any recourse? What pains me is getting a partial refund for a flight I actually wanted to take.

Thanks in advance!
After submitting a complain, I finally heard back from Lufthansa saying I requested a discount even though I didn't. It feels like I'm hitting a brick wall and not sure what to do. Would appreciate any input!
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Send a note to the LH lurkers in the forum and ask them to investigate.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 5:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
How quickly does the status update?
I shall pass 600k today, hoping the flight post tomorrow or Wednesday. How long does it take for system to then show me as HON? I am travelling intra EU on Thursday and would love to go into F lounge if possible
Old Jul 25, 2021, 9:19 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I was looking at booking Flex Plus awards (much cheaper in cost with fees) and realized I am short by 2000 points -
I went to Marriott to transfer and found that LH is no longer a partner. Are there any partners I can transfer miles from to LH miles and More?
I have a Barclays card, so it will be a month or two till points update
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:38 am

Right now only Payback is a transfer partner.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:45 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
I have 13000 miles which will expire in Sept and next year. As they are not enough to redeem award ticket, what is the best way to use them? Is there any easy way to extend these miles? I have Marriott, Hyatt , Hilton, Citi, Chase and American Express points but none of them can not be transfer to Miles and More to get more points to redeem for air ticket.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by yang1980
I have 13000 miles which will expire in Sept and next year. As they are not enough to redeem award ticket, what is the best way to use them? Is there any easy way to extend these miles?
What to do with miles due to expire soon? [merged expiring miles Q&A]
Old Jul 27, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Can I check in at the business class counter as a FTL at an outstation such as Krakow?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
You should be able to.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
From my short-lived experience so far, among the check-in agents at KRK airport some of them are seem to be total enthusiasts for the rules, others are more cool and laid back. Probably typical of most airports.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:15 am

Are there any issues/problems associated with booking or flying nested tickets on Lufthansa?

In other words, flying something like:

Booking 1 - FRA to LHR (Outbound)
Booking 2 - LHR to FRA (Outbound)
some time later
Booking 2 - FRA to LHR (Return)
Booking 1 - LHR to FRA (Return)
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
no issue nested.
squawk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.