Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Just redeemed a business award for Austrian and don't see a way to do seat selection when using "My Bookings"... previously I was certainly able to do this - don't tell me it's gone away?
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Just redeemed a business award for Austrian and don't see a way to do seat selection when using "My Bookings"... previously I was certainly able to do this - don't tell me it's gone away?
I couldn't do it for Swiss/Lufthansa in economy. Previously had an option to lay for a seat, but now it's not available.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 2:09 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
I couldn't do it for Swiss/Lufthansa in economy. Previously had an option to lay for a seat, but now it's not available.
I was not able to on LH nor LX in C.
i had to call and the agent was very friendly, explaining they have huge issues with seating since a couple of weeks. Apparently still ongoing… because when checking my LX flight on LH, seats show blocked and on LX available, and I cannot switch seats.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 9:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Does anyone know what time the LH checkin counter at IAD opens? (Looks like typically they just have IAD-MUC and IAD-FRA around 17h55 these days.)

thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
3-4 h before the first LH/OS/LX departure that day.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:35 am

I'm not sure if the seating stuff has been resolved fully or not but I was able to select seats using the mobile site a few hours ago (OS)
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:00 pm

I'm flying ZRH to LAX tomorrow on Swiss in business. Their website says the Business Lounge E is currently closed. Although the Senator Lounge E is open, I would not normally have access. However, I saw at least one review that said the "One Class Lounge" language means business class passengers can get in. Is this correct? If not, what lounge should I go to at ZRH? I have Priority Pass as well.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
That is correct, you can currently access the Senator Lounge in ZRH with your J ticket.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 2:19 pm

Thank you, gojko88!
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:00 am

Programs: *G
Where can one check the official, logged reasons for flight delays and other irrops?

SN2607 (LH5587) today October 16th was delayed for multiple reasons - initial delay, lost landing slot, and then mechanical on the landing gear - which made me and others miss our connection.

But I got email notification claiming it was on the basis of Covid, which is not true but may be used by carrier to contest EC261 filing. Where can one capture the "true" reasons?

Dear Mr. Pax, Due to the current Covid-19 situation, we have had to make some adjustments to our flight schedules, which directly affect your reservation.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Hello. I will be flying LH for the first time next week MAN-FRA-MAN in business then connecting on to QR on a separate ticket the following day.

I only have hand baggage but how strict are LH with weight limits? Do they weigh cabin bags at check-in?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Oct 16, 2021 at 7:05 am
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by deniah
Where can one check the official, logged reasons for flight delays and other irrops?

SN2607 (LH5587) today October 16th was delayed for multiple reasons - initial delay, lost landing slot, and then mechanical on the landing gear - which made me and others miss our connection.

But I got email notification claiming it was on the basis of Covid, which is not true but may be used by carrier to contest EC261 filing. Where can one capture the "true" reasons?
You can look up (and save) the exact timeline in FlightStats: https://www.flightstats.com/v2/fligh...tId=1073388614

I don't think they list the reason(s) for each update, though.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Hello. I will be flying LH for the first time next week MAN-FRA-MAN in business then connecting on to QR on a separate ticket the following day.

I only have hand baggage but how strict are LH with weight limits? Do they weigh cabin bags at check-in?

Thanks in advance.
It depends on the specific outstation. I have no experience at MAN so I can't comment on that; however, in FRA, they might also do spot checks at the gate and weight carry-ons.
So YMMV so be sure to pack under the 8kgs limit.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:21 pm

Os @ cdg - 2d?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
As I stated in my post above, I’ll be flying LH for the first time later this month.

I upgraded to Business with cash and made the mistake of assuming that upgrading would give me full business benefits on the ground and in the air.

Now finding the small print I realise that on the ground I only get access to economy benefits eg no checked bags, no lounge access, no fasttrack.

TBH I’m quite surprised by this as I assumed, wrongly, that like most other airlines when you upgrade your whole journey is uplifted.

Oh well. You live and learn…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.