Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You only retain baggage allowance and the restrictions of the economy fare. Lounge, fast track etc are granted.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You only retain baggage allowance and the restrictions of the economy fare. Lounge, fast track etc are granted.
I don’t feel so bad now but lesson learned.

Not having a free checked bag isn’t a big issue on this trip so long as I can squeeze an extra kilo or two into my carry on
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:13 pm

Name Correction

Hi Guys. Looking for some advice regarding a name correction on a short-haul Economy Classic fare booked last August for travel in December. The passport is showing the first name “Eimear” (Gaelic language) while the ticket is booked in the name “Emer” (English language). I read elsewhere that name corrections up to a maximum of two letters (in this case an additional “i” and “a” to achieve the Gaelic spelling of the same name) are permissible without charge but I can’t find an official source for this. Can anyone advise?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:36 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Read the guidance to agents on how to handle such things in post #152 of this thread: Wrongly spelled name on ticket OK? [merged name issues]
RhysD likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 3:35 pm

I'll be flying both Austrian and Swiss for the first time this winter and could use some advice. I'll be booked in economy on both legs but have enough M&M to upgrade one of the flights. Also, I would prefer to credit the flights to my United account. I'm taking the first post's assertion that "no question is too stupid" to heart. So here goes:

In order to upgrade using M&M do I need to have that number associated with my flights instead of my United FF#? If so could I later switch them so I can credit the miles to Mileage Plus?
If I decide to try to upgrade "the other" leg via bid, is there a consensus on whether Austrian or Swiss would be preferred (from my point of view preferred=easier and less costly)?
My fare class is S for Austrian and L for Swiss. Are these fares upgradeable? I couldn't find anything that excluded individual fare classes from upgrade with miles.

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
None of those questions are remotely stupid, in fact they've troubled most of us over the years

Your L segment is unfortunately not upgradeable (presuming that you're trying to upgrade a long-haul flight), however the S segment is - more details here. It's also questionable whether you can bid on the "other" leg as it depends on who issued your ticket. Whenever I got a ticket on LH stock (220-etc.), I was unable to submit a MyOffer bid for Austrian or Swiss flights.

The general consensus here is that Swiss long-haul is superior to Austrian long-haul, although it doesn't seem like that will be the deciding factor in your case.

As for crediting the miles to United, theoretically it shouldn't be a problem, but the M&M number can be "sticky" when it comes to LH Group bookings, so make sure to check and recheck that your booking is tied to your UA number every step of the way (after upgrading, at online check-in and on the boarding pass itself).
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would never for a moment have considered Swiss longhaul to be superior to Austrian, especially now Austrian has those new seats (Austrian has outstanding food service too). But differences of opinion are what make it fun here!
gojko88 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:29 pm

Thanks very much for the info and the link. Not sure how I missed it.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
So I completed my first ever LH flight and it wasn’t a bad experience at all, however is was only MAN-FRA.

On my return I’ll be connecting from a Qatar flight to LH at FRA going back to MAN in business.

As the Qatar and LH flight are both non-Schengen can I go straight to the gate or does it require having to go through immigration/security?

I have about 2.5 hours to connect.

Also, which lounge can I use? I think the flight to MAN will be from B gates.

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by charles
Thanks very much for the info and the link. Not sure how I missed it.
Oh no worries, I also had to search for it on Google, as the navigation on the new M&M website is utter rubbish.
chris63 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
So I completed my first ever LH flight and it wasn’t a bad experience at all, however is was only MAN-FRA.

On my return I’ll be connecting from a Qatar flight to LH at FRA going back to MAN in business.

As the Qatar and LH flight are both non-Schengen can I go straight to the gate or does it require having to go through immigration/security?

I have about 2.5 hours to connect.

Also, which lounge can I use? I think the flight to MAN will be from B gates.

Thanks
Coming from DOH you will need to go through transfer security, not immigration as no need to enter Germany/ Schengen.
MAN flights also depart from Z gates.
Use the lounge nearest your gate on the day.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by charles
I'll be flying both Austrian and Swiss for the first time this winter and could use some advice. I'll be booked in economy on both legs but have enough M&M to upgrade one of the flights. Also, I would prefer to credit the flights to my United account. I'm taking the first post's assertion that "no question is too stupid" to heart. So here goes:

In order to upgrade using M&M do I need to have that number associated with my flights instead of my United FF#? If so could I later switch them so I can credit the miles to Mileage Plus?
If I decide to try to upgrade "the other" leg via bid, is there a consensus on whether Austrian or Swiss would be preferred (from my point of view preferred=easier and less costly)?
My fare class is S for Austrian and L for Swiss. Are these fares upgradeable? I couldn't find anything that excluded individual fare classes from upgrade with miles.

Thanks
Originally Posted by gojko88
None of those questions are remotely stupid, in fact they've troubled most of us over the years

Your L segment is unfortunately not upgradeable (presuming that you're trying to upgrade a long-haul flight), however the S segment is - more details here. It's also questionable whether you can bid on the "other" leg as it depends on who issued your ticket. Whenever I got a ticket on LH stock (220-etc.), I was unable to submit a MyOffer bid for Austrian or Swiss flights.

The general consensus here is that Swiss long-haul is superior to Austrian long-haul, although it doesn't seem like that will be the deciding factor in your case.

As for crediting the miles to United, theoretically it shouldn't be a problem, but the M&M number can be "sticky" when it comes to LH Group bookings, so make sure to check and recheck that your booking is tied to your UA number every step of the way (after upgrading, at online check-in and on the boarding pass itself).
Just as a small note, in general, L fare class tickets are not upgradable by miles, however, they are upgradeable by MyOffer bid-upgrades or cash upgrades. Although not Swiss metal but I was able to bid-upgrade on a L fare ticket on a LH flight issued on 220- stock.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:52 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Not sure if I should post this here or start a new thread.

I have a booking made on Swiss.com and the flight includes LX, LH and OS operated flights. I kept receiving alerts and emails about schedule changes and asking me to acknowledge the changes. So far no worries.
But recently, I only see this when I look at the booking online. It says that one of my leg has a schedule change and I need to aknowledge it but I never receive any email about it. So not sure how to do that, and if I don't am I risking them to cancel the booking? I'm a bit confused...
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:58 pm

I had that happen a couple of times, and yes, my bookings did ultimately get cancelled. Best to call in and ask the agent to confirm the changes, just to be on the safe side.
enelym1978 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:56 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by gojko88
I had that happen a couple of times, and yes, my bookings did ultimately get cancelled. Best to call in and ask the agent to confirm the changes, just to be on the safe side.
Ah thanks.... i'll try to call them this morning....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.