Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by theoracle111
I'm trying to book a LH F award from LAX -> FRA -> FLR. Air Dolomiti (a star alliance affiliate) doesn't offer award redemption. I will be booking the 2nd leg in cash
What ffp are you trying to book with? M&M would offer award flights on EN as well.

1. If I do this, can I call aeroplan/signapore/lufthansa and have them combine the cash and award ticket, so that my bags get transferred, and if there is a delay I can be rebooked?
Bookings cannot be combined.
What you could do is to have the LH check-in counter at LAX tag your bags on the separate ticket, but the risk remains with you.
Also, make sure that your cash ticket has a baggage allowance that matches the reward ticket. Don't show up with 3x32kg and a HBO ticket FRA-FLR.

2. Will I be able to use the LH first class lounge in FRA during the layover?
I believe so.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by theoracle111
2. Will I be able to use the LH first class lounge in FRA during the layover?
Yes, FCL is available as arrivals lounge for F pax. You could also enter it after checking your bags in for EN flight, if they are not checked through, who's to say you haven't been browsing the duty free.
Folks have been even known to enter FCL at night after arriving F in the morning and then flying a separate one-day return, but I digress
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Im flying MUC-RIX with Air Baltic tomorrow, and return the same day RIX-MUC with Airbaltic, but on a LH Codeshare (my F ticket starts in RIX).

Can I use the SEN Lounge ( I'm *G) in MUC already before my departure to RIX since I have a "Lufthansa" flight back to Munich the same day?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Alisamix
Im flying MUC-RIX with Air Baltic tomorrow, and return the same day RIX-MUC with Airbaltic, but on a LH Codeshare (my F ticket starts in RIX).

Can I use the SEN Lounge ( I'm *G) in MUC already before my departure to RIX since I have a "Lufthansa" flight back to Munich the same day?
Probably, if you have a LH number on your BP & your *G

So, your routing is what ex RIX ?

Would be nice if you answered questions you posed in other threads
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:02 am

If you would be already checked in for the F flight, you can also use FCL before the RIX flights (unless the connection is overnight)
Old Aug 13, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Originally Posted by chris63
Probably, if you have a LH number on your BP & your *G

So, your routing is what ex RIX ?

Would be nice if you answered questions you posed in other threads
It worked, no questions asked in muc.

and for the other Thread: The routing was changed and it was not relevant anymore 😅
Old Aug 13, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Alisamix
It worked, no questions asked in muc.

and for the other Thread: The routing was changed and it was not relevant anymore 😅
Good it worked for you in MUC, over on the LX forum you just left everyone in a state of suspense regarding FCL lounge access for guests...
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Usually a member of the American Airlines forum. AA just cancelled service to FCO for a while. What is the likelihood that LH reinstates CLT-MUC for December/January? There's not a bad itinerary for CLT-MUC-FCO on LH, but I'm hesitant to book if it is unlikely that LH restarts the CLT-MUC flight. (I also need to research whether a transit stop in Germany creates quarantine problems for entering Italy...recognizing such rules can change between now and December.)
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cyberkarl
Usually a member of the American Airlines forum. AA just cancelled service to FCO for a while. What is the likelihood that LH reinstates CLT-MUC for December/January? There's not a bad itinerary for CLT-MUC-FCO on LH, but I'm hesitant to book if it is unlikely that LH restarts the CLT-MUC flight. (I also need to research whether a transit stop in Germany creates quarantine problems for entering Italy...recognizing such rules can change between now and December.)
Currently LH is operating CLT-MUC at a reduced x3 weekly frequency.
Probably, it would operate in the winter if travel doesn't rebound and we don't have any other travel restrictions.

In case of a CLT-MUC cancellation, you would most likely rebooked on CLT-EWR/IAD-MUC-FCO with the first leg on United.
Also Italy was always generous in terms of EU members so a transit in Germany would not likely cause a problem in terms of quarantine/self-isolation.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:41 pm

Originally booked BOS-FRA-VNO premium econ. So BOS-FRA was N and FRA-VNO was Y. Decided to do their biz class bid and ended up snagging BOS-FRA and now the ticket says P for that segment. Trying to upgrade FRA - VNO segment to business (shows as $39) which I figure if I do it, I can get into LH lounge instead of tracking to Terminal 2 to Priority Pass lounge. But looks like I get error code
"The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)"

Any idea? I guess if that does not work I can go try to buy a pass for the lounge. Just trying to stay out of the hustle of allegedly busy FRA
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:08 pm

Question Some questions about LH F

Hi guys, I've flown LH F (from YYZ, LAX, ORD) to MUC/FRA a few times before this pandemic started, but so much has changed in the past 1-1.5 years, it feels like I don't know anything and could really use your input and help with a feq questions I have.

High level itinerary:
YYZ - AMS - YYZ within a 2 week period.

Goal:
Experience LH F again (reward flight using Aeroplan (AP))

Known challenges/current status:
  1. LH no longer (at least for now) has any planes with F cabin from YYZ.
  2. LH F is limited to pretty much only FRA from ORD, MIA, EWR, JFK (east coast US)
  3. Despite LH opening its F availability to some partners for 30 days, AC still only shows a 14 day availability.

Many thanks in advance for your input!

My high level plan:
Ideal flow would be YYZ-JFK-FRA-AMS, and then on return pretty much the same thing AMS-FRA-JFK-YYZ.

Questions:
  1. Am I correct in assuming that if I'm planning a 13 days trip, given the LH F availability for AP is only 14 days, that I would need to wait till just 1 day before departure so I can get the proper return ticket as well?
  2. Given this situation, do you think it would be better to book 2 separate trips instead of return so at least I can book the departing legs 2 weeks before departure and not really wait for 2 weeks before the return flight?
  3. Is there a better way to track when LH starts to open up more F routes rather than just follow the travel blogs? Does ExpertFlyer paint a better picture?
  4. I've always enjoyed the MUC F lounger, but never experienced FRA F lounge due to my weird connections in the past, is there a considerable difference in the lounges? I realize only FRA is covering US F legs, but just curious.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cyberkarl
CLT is a sure bet due to the automotive, banking and pharma clients in the greater GSP/CLT/RDU area that use this flight on a regular basis. AA will (re?)start their CLT-MUC service on Dec 12. As things stand, transit thru MUC should be no issue as long as the destination will take you.

Originally Posted by agurkas
Originally booked BOS-FRA-VNO premium econ. So BOS-FRA was N and FRA-VNO was Y. Decided to do their biz class bid and ended up snagging BOS-FRA and now the ticket says P for that segment. Trying to upgrade FRA - VNO segment to business (shows as $39) which I figure if I do it, I can get into LH lounge instead of tracking to Terminal 2 to Priority Pass lounge. But looks like I get error code
"The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)"Any idea? I guess if that does not work I can go try to buy a pass for the lounge. Just trying to stay out of the hustle of allegedly busy FRA
You cannot switch to T2 for a PP lounge visit easily and doing so will also increase contact with others that you were trying to avoid. The fixed price upgrade can also be done over the phone, so call LH.

Originally Posted by hsandhar
Questions:
  1. Am I correct in assuming that if I'm planning a 13 days trip, given the LH F availability for AP is only 14 days, that I would need to wait till just 1 day before departure so I can get the proper return ticket as well?
  2. Given this situation, do you think it would be better to book 2 separate trips instead of return so at least I can book the departing legs 2 weeks before departure and not really wait for 2 weeks before the return flight?
  3. Is there a better way to track when LH starts to open up more F routes rather than just follow the travel blogs? Does ExpertFlyer paint a better picture?
  4. I've always enjoyed the MUC F lounger, but never experienced FRA F lounge due to my weird connections in the past, is there a considerable difference in the lounges? I realize only FRA is covering US F legs, but just curious.
You have to either book two one ways or call in to change the ticket when F award inventory appears. F routes depend on the B748 being deployed, so its easy to track via LH Cargo: https://lufthansa-cargo.com/network/schedule-routings , Just download the xls or csv with the schedule and filter for B748. The MUC F lounge is accesible if you have a same day F flight.
hsandhar likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by agurkas
"The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)"

Any idea? I guess if that does not work I can go try to buy a pass for the lounge. Just trying to stay out of the hustle of allegedly busy FRA
Forget T2. Lounges are not worth the walk.

You can buy in to the lounge at https://lufthansa.travelintegration.com/lounges but it would be more expensive than the $39 for upgrade on the flight as well. Do try and call them.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
What ffp are you trying to book with? M&M would offer award flights on EN as well.

Bookings cannot be combined.
What you could do is to have the LH check-in counter at LAX tag your bags on the separate ticket, but the risk remains with you.
Also, make sure that your cash ticket has a baggage allowance that matches the reward ticket. Don't show up with 3x32kg and a HBO ticket FRA-FLR.

I believe so.
For those interested, the check in agent for LH at LAX was able to check my bags all the way through Florence given that it was EN. I just realized they never charged me for this given I checked in 2 bags for myself and one for my wife, how is that even possible? We're flying Y on EN and AFIAK there was a fee to check a bag.

The gate agent and lounge access thought I would NOT have access to first lounge given I was flying Y EN despite arriving on F via LH.

Hopefully works out ! I'll post back
malmostoso likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 2:49 pm

You'll have access in FRA on the arrival day (on the ground of your F arrival flight)

They might charge you in FRA, if they figure it out. Or your bags won't get loaded (unlikely, but I once had a similar experience when flying through DXB and LX wouldn't load my checked-through baggage, simply because their system needed to manually confirm it - it was a fun insight, and eventually my baggage got loaded as the very last piece - had some interesting discussion with the MdC about it (that was a long time ago, United stock mileage ticket involving no less than 3 airlines and 4 segments..)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.