Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Flying LH CLT-MUC-FCO. Would 90 minute layover in MUC be sufficient, or cutting it too tight?
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by cyberkarl
Flying LH CLT-MUC-FCO. Would 90 minute layover in MUC be sufficient, or cutting it too tight?
The MCT in MUC is 30 min. So 90 minutes is not cutting it tight at all. LH will happily sell you flights with much shorter connections.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
The MCT in MUC is 30 min. So 90 minutes is not cutting it tight at all. LH will happily sell you flights with much shorter connections.
Thank you! Wasn't sure if immigration was a nightmare.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You'll have access in FRA on the arrival day (on the ground of your F arrival flight)

They might charge you in FRA, if they figure it out. Or your bags won't get loaded (unlikely, but I once had a similar experience when flying through DXB and LX wouldn't load my checked-through baggage, simply because their system needed to manually confirm it - it was a fun insight, and eventually my baggage got loaded as the very last piece - had some interesting discussion with the MdC about it (that was a long time ago, United stock mileage ticket involving no less than 3 airlines and 4 segments..)
How will I know if EN won't load my checked baggage through? I already cleared immigration and am in Schengen terminal now. I think I passed baggage claim. Should I go back and double check?
Old Aug 18, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by theoracle111
How will I know if EN won't load my checked baggage through? I already cleared immigration and am in Schengen terminal now. I think I passed baggage claim. Should I go back and double check?
Check at the gate, ideally with the luggage receipt handy...
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by supine
Check at the gate, ideally with the luggage receipt handy...
I checked with the first class lounge and they looked it up and said it looked ok, but i will check at the gate as well to be sure !
Old Aug 18, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by theoracle111
In your case, I'd have asked the F lounge to check.

edit: ah I see you did just that. Great.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Hi - I'm scheduled to fly IAD-FRA October 23 and it still shows B747-400. I understand that's just a placeholder. When does LF usually update that to the proper aircraft type? I assume we need to pick new seat assignments after that time?

Also, I'm flying IAD-FRA-LIS/OPO-FRA-IAD. IAD-FRA is UA operated by LH. FRA-LIS is LH/LH. OPO-FRA is UA operated by LH. and FRA-IAD is UA/UA. All in P Class.
I understand the UA coded flights will credit 200% to TP regardless of whether operated by LH or UA. Is that right? Is there a way to only credit the other flight FRA-LIS that's LH coded and operated to another program like NH?

Thank you!
Old Aug 18, 2021, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
I understand the UA coded flights will credit 200% to TP regardless of whether operated by LH or UA. Is that right?
No, within *A airlines it's the metal that counts. Your UA(P) flight will be credited as LH(P) to your program of choice. With other airlines it won't be so straightforward because booking classes generally don't match between airlines.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by malmostoso
No, within *A airlines it's the metal that counts. Your UA(P) flight will be credited as LH(P) to your program of choice. With other airlines it won't be so straightforward because booking classes generally don't match between airlines.
Thank you! I'm definitely a *A newbie!

Looks like Air Canada might be my best bet for crediting.
malmostoso likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Suddenly looking at one way miles award tickets here in Europe due to the Deutsche Bahn strike next Monday and Tuesday (23rd and 24th August, heads up to those who haven't had the news about the upcoming DB strike yet).

There are still some options on Germany to Switzerland flights, but very few on EW. Looking at normal one way tickets on LX/LH etc I am seeing a price of 17,000 miles for Economy plus surcharges (€50-60). I am also seeing 19,000 for something called Economy Flex Plus. What is that? I have never seen it as a reward flight option. Is it something worth considering?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just another newbie question, because I am just not sure exactly how it works. If I want to book an award ticket for 24th August, I need to get it done by midnight tonight before midnight, right? Because I seem to remember (it's quite rare that I book European award tix) that any award ticket must be booked a minimum of 3 days out.
This is more of a VFT question, probably, but I wonder what are the chances of my getting through with my train ticket on Tuesday anyway?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:03 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Concerto
Suddenly looking at one way miles award tickets here in Europe due to the Deutsche Bahn strike next Monday and Tuesday (23rd and 24th August, heads up to those who haven't had the news about the upcoming DB strike yet).

There are still some options on Germany to Switzerland flights, but very few on EW. Looking at normal one way tickets on LX/LH etc I am seeing a price of 17,000 miles for Economy plus surcharges (€50-60). I am also seeing 19,000 for something called Economy Flex Plus. What is that? I have never seen it as a reward flight option. Is it something worth considering?

flex plus to my knowledge are more expensive as they cover airline surcharges as well.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I see, so you are paying 2,000 miles for 20-35 Euros. Could actually be worth doing.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
This is more of a VFT question, probably, but I wonder what are the chances of my getting through with my train ticket on Tuesday anyway?
If it's anything like the strike last week it will result in only about one in every four trains operating.

So even if your train runs it will be a circus because those with cancelled trains will be looking to switch. Any train that runs is going to be at least full, if not overcrowded with people in every alcove and door area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.