Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2021, 4:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Involatus is a ticket broker who resells charter capacity dumped by other operators.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Is anyone able to clarify: I have 3 seperate business flex bookings from HEL to FNC via FRA/MUC for April, was able to postpone the departure date in MMB and was able to select seats, next day LH cancelled returns, tried to change dates in MMB, but this option was blocked.

So I confirmed the option for their revised itinerary with overnight in MUC on their email. Then called in (luckily very short waiting time) and made the date change. I did ask if I can then choose seats online and she said yes, but couldn’t. Called back and they said they cannot do it before the ticket is reissued and it can take up to several days ?!? And after reissue I should be able to do it myself.

48hrs has passed from the last change, rebooking and seat selection still blocked with a note ”Conditions of your ticket do not allow for seat reservations on LH.com. Please contact our service center.”

Also the return leg doesn’t show booking class or the normal flex rules, only ”status confirmed”.
Any advise?
Old Feb 21, 2021, 10:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yep, the ticket needs to be reissued. Once that is done (can take a while) you will see a new ticket number. Then you can assign seating.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 11:25 pm

Penalties Clarification

I found what seemed to be a good deal on Google flights, but before I actually purchased the ticket I took a look at these Penalties. I think the gist is that I cannot get a refund, but I can change the flight? I would appreciate it if someone more experienced than me took a look at this.
Spoiler

Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:21 am

Yes, right now changes are free, even if the fare is not refundable.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Does anyone know if the lounges in FRA/MUC/VIE/ZRH have any reasonable service atm or will start within the foreseeable future? I am looking to book tickets for April but won't bother with J if they are closed or aren't allowed to serve anything
Old Mar 13, 2021, 9:41 am

Considering cases are on significant rise across Europe atm, I doubt very much that anything will open up by then. But then you never know.. Germany's/Switzerlands/Austria's COVID-19 measures don't always make sense
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by danielstrandby
Does anyone know if the lounges in FRA/MUC/VIE/ZRH have any reasonable service atm or will start within the foreseeable future? I am looking to book tickets for April but won't bother with J if they are closed or aren't allowed to serve anything
I think the lounges in Germany are open as normal - at least remember someone I know posting pix of the food offerings...
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I think the lounges in Germany are open as normal - at least remember someone I know posting pix of the food offerings...
Please don't post nonsense. There is NO food on offer to be consumed in the lounges in Lufthansa lounges right now. You get a take-away bag (strictly for consumption outside of the lounges) with a very meager offering. That's it.
elsenor and romans like this.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Please don't post nonsense. There is NO food on offer to be consumed in the lounges in Lufthansa lounges right now. You get a take-away bag (strictly for consumption outside of the lounges) with a very meager offering. That's it.
My post was *correct* about *previous* FRA SEN lounges - I just found the WhatsApp photos that showed buffet offerings in the bounge - from August 2020 - and I didn't say I *knew* for sure about the current situation...
Old Mar 13, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: Miles & More Frequent Traveller, Turkish Miles & Smiles Elite
I've been to the Austrian lounge in VIE yesterday - there were plastic-wrapped sandwiches and fruit that you were supposed to take-away in a paper bag and consume 50+ meters away from the lounge. Many people did not follow these rules.

The lounges in VIE have been underwhelming in terms of food even before the pandemic (the German ones have been much better), now, it's not even worth going there (unless you have a really long wait).
danielstrandby likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by fantomass
I've been to the Austrian lounge in VIE yesterday - there were plastic-wrapped sandwiches and fruit that you were supposed to take-away in a paper bag and consume 50+ meters away from the lounge. Many people did not follow these rules.

The lounges in VIE have been underwhelming in terms of food even before the pandemic (the German ones have been much better), now, it's not even worth going there (unless you have a really long wait).
same for FRA SEN A lounge (visited yesteday).
Old Mar 15, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
My post was *correct* about *previous* FRA SEN lounges - I just found the WhatsApp photos that showed buffet offerings in the bounge - from August 2020 - and I didn't say I *knew* for sure about the current situation...
Ooof. I'm not sure how recounting a photo from one lounge almost 8 months ago to someone's request for a current update provides even a modicum of helpful information...
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by elsenor
Ooof. I'm not sure how recounting a photo from one lounge almost 8 months ago to someone's request for a current update provides even a modicum of helpful information...
"I think..." - means *not sure*.

Anyway, you guys should have chimed in sooner then!
Old Mar 20, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: LH, BA
I’m still quite confused with the executive bonus on awards miles.
is it 50% on UA, AC, lH group If booked through LH group,
and 25% on those airlines if booked on a ticket not issued by LH GRoup?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.