Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:46 am

Leaving the secure zone is allowed. The exits on the departure level, e.g. in Hall A are marked as red exit, so if you would have duty free items on you above the allowance, you would need to declare it or you would be indeed smuggling. I have used that exit several times if i only have cabin baggage and arrive at one of the A gates.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:14 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Amil
Hello I am flying ORD-FRA in LH F and FRA-IST in Turkish Business. Will I be able to go to the Lufthansa First Class Terminal when i land?
If you arrive on LH F you will have access to the FCL regardless of your connecting flight. Since TK flights leave from B gates you may want to go to the FCL B though you will have to walk to your departure gate.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you arrive on LH F you will have access to the FCL regardless of your connecting flight. Since TK flights leave from B gates you may want to go to the FCL B though you will have to walk to your departure gate.

I was trying to figure out access to FCT since its a random bucket list for me. I’ve been debating if I should just do TK with lieflat and no FCT or FCT with and fly with LH.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

I was trying to figure out access to FCT since its a random bucket list for me. I’ve been debating if I should just do TK with lieflat and no FCT or FCT with and fly with LH.
Only you can decide if it’s worth changing from TK to LH to experience the FCT but if your GF is flying on LH it probably makes sense. Bear in mind that you have to be on one ticket for ORD-FRA-IST in order to access the FCT.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

FCL B is a very nice FCL, only difference from FCT is you would not be driven to TK flight & not a dedicated PA.

TK J is vastly superior to LH J in NEK, I would stick with TK except it seems to separate you from your GF...
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Where in the M&M App can I see my HON miles? All I can see is my miles total, without differentiation between HON and non-HON.
Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Alisamix

No. FCT is only for flights on Lufthansa Group.

If ORD-FRA-IST is on the same ticket, you should be able to visit the First Class Lounge though, I believe.
AFAIK, LH does not sell TK flights on their 220- tickets. Either the OP is flying on a UA or AC ticket which would combine ORD-FRA in LH and FRA-IST in TK or an award ticket bought via M&M or another *A partner.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Where in the M&M App can I see my HON miles? All I can see is my miles total, without differentiation between HON and non-HON.
Thanks
HON miles will only show up from 250K or so, IIRC. However, your select miles are usually a very good indicator of HON miles...
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by MichielR

HON miles will only show up from 250K or so, IIRC. However, your select miles are usually a very good indicator of HON miles...
Thanks for that, Michiel. I got a little confused as my status miles and my select miles are the same although I took a couple of flights in Y.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that, Michiel. I got a little confused as my status miles and my select miles are the same although I took a couple of flights in Y.
Select miles include the miles earned on Y flights which do not earn HON miles. HON miles if shown include the miles earned in the previous calendar year as well as the current (unless you renewed your HON status during the last calendar year).
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:01 am

Status will include non LH group *A flights, whereas Select will not. Both will include LH group Y which don’t count for HON.

If your long haul mostly is on LH Group C or F and if your short haul is a handful of cheap 125 mile Y fares then HON and Select counts will be close. If OTOH you would fly long haul but in Y every week then you would have lots more Select miles than HON. But then you wouldn’t be asking...
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:12 am

Status will include non LH group *A flights, whereas Select will not. Both will include LH group Y which don’t count for HON.

If your long haul mostly is on LH Group C or F and if your short haul is a handful of cheap 125 mile Y fares then HON and Select counts will be close. If OTOH you would fly long haul but in Y every week then you would have lots more Select miles than HON. But then you wouldn’t be asking...
Got it. I fly exclusively LH/LX in C/F as well as a couple of cheap LH/LX Y Light segments. I’m happy to be a newly-minted SEN but when I last checked my Select miles I realized that I’m on track to possibly qualify for HON if I keep up my current pace (150K Select miles in 6 months). I never thought that HON was reachable for someone with my flying pattern but apparently it is.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:59 pm

Got it. I fly exclusively LH/LX in C/F as well as a couple of cheap LH/LX Y Light segments. I’m happy to be a newly-minted SEN but when I last checked my Select miles I realized that I’m on track to possibly qualify for HON if I keep up my current pace (150K Select miles in 6 months). I never thought that HON was reachable for someone with my flying pattern but apparently it is.
So you subtract a few of the 125M segments and that will tell you where you are. Just be warned, as you get closer to the 600K, you may start paying for Z or D for the short haul segments and take unnecessary detours through MUC and ZRH...
chris63 and JohnRain like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:00 am

So you subtract a few of the 125M segments and that will tell you where you are. Just be warned, as you get closer to the 600K, you may start paying for Z or D for the short haul segments and take unnecessary detours through MUC and ZRH...
Thanks for the tip Michiel. I love unnecessary detours through MUC, ZRH & FRA...
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Thanks for the tip Michiel. I love unnecessary detours through MUC, ZRH & FRA...
As HON you would even more
JohnRain likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.