Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 11:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Not going to happen. You have to buy a ticket which includes baggage.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Miles & More, MileagePlus
Thank you for your respond. So if someone buys "Economy Light" and then eventually decides that they will want to bring baggage they can't purchase additional baggage for $60 one way?
Old May 10, 2019, 1:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They can but you can't use a credit card benefit to get it credited back. The fees need to be paid to LH.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They can but you can't use a credit card benefit to get it credited back. The fees need to be paid to LH.
Which is to say your scheme would work, except that LH isn't one of the carriers covered by the benefit. And booking it under a UA codeshare doesn't help since LH is still the operating carrier.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Miles & More, MileagePlus
Thank you findark and oliver2002 for your responds. You are both correct.

I went through Amex "Terms and conditions" and it clearly states the following:
"Fees not charged by the Card Member's airline of choice (e.g. wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners) do not qualify for statement credits."

Thank you very much
Old May 11, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Is there a way to see Miles and More award availability (on Lufthansa ) for more than 4 passengers? Is calling my best bet, or is there some other way to search it?
Old May 12, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by atourgates
Is there a way to see Miles and More award availability (on Lufthansa ) for more than 4 passengers? Is calling my best bet, or is there some other way to search it?
Given the bad state of M&M website atm, best bet is to call in anyway & keep trying until you find a helpful agent
atourgates likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:37 am

Dear All,

As I asked, I traveled by LH (international travel) and after a few days, found the boarding pass missing. I need to submit boarding pass (and not flying statement from LH, which is available) to claim the amount. Is there anyway, one can retrieve boarding pass of a past international LH flight? I would request anyone who knows anything about it to inform me. I look forward to your help.
Thank you so much. With regards, Paresh
Old May 12, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: LH M+M
Hello Paresh,
you dont need the BP, retro crediting with M+M (I'm assuming this) works by entering Flight#, Date, From/To, Travelclass *and* Ticketnumber (which should be in the 'statement').
Old May 12, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Hello Paresh,
you dont need the BP, retro crediting with M+M (I'm assuming this) works by entering Flight#, Date, From/To, Travelclass *and* Ticketnumber (which should be in the 'statement').
Travelclass is no longer needed. Besides that, you're right. Actually the new retro credit system works well (even for other *A carriers)
Old May 12, 2019, 3:56 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Travelclass is no longer needed. Besides that, you're right. Actually the new retro credit system works well (even for other *A carriers)
Travel class as in Economy, Business or First is still needed.
I tried credit some EDW Flights: Didn’t manage to get it to work yet. (used to be an instantaneous retro credit...). I guess I’ll wait a week and then try again.
Old May 13, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: LH M+M
I was just looking it up before posting, since new M+M website... It doesnt need the booking class (Y/C/..) but travel class (like "Economy").
Old May 13, 2019, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art

Travel class as in Economy, Business or First is still needed.
I tried credit some EDW Flights: Didn’t manage to get it to work yet. (used to be an instantaneous retro credit...). I guess I’ll wait a week and then try again.
EDW isn’t a star alliance carrier

and yes. Meant booking class. Obviously travel class should be known but booking class often isn’t for the average traveller. So that’s actually an improvement.

now if we could get GVA To actually use LH SENNumber instead of LX (which still doesn’t work) I wouldn’t even have to retro credit that often anymore...
Old May 13, 2019, 1:31 am

In his first post, Paresh mentioned the following: "However, I need to submit the original boarding passes to get some reimbursement".
So i guess he needs the boarding pass for travel expenses. @Paresh: How did you get the boarding pass in the first place? At the counter, or did you do online checkin?
If at the counter, i'm not aware of any way to get the boarding pass again. With online check in, it would depend how you retrieved the boarding pass, i.e. if you have a link in an SMS, or Email or similar.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:10 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

EDW isn’t a star alliance carrier

and yes. Meant booking class. Obviously travel class should be known but booking class often isn’t for the average traveller. So that’s actually an improvement.

now if we could get GVA To actually use LH SENNumber instead of LX (which still doesn’t work) I wouldn’t even have to retro credit that often anymore...

Yes, but you could retrocredit the EDW flights by selecting Swiss and using the Swiss codeshare number. Before the new website was introduced, the retrocredit was instantaneous that way and you'd even get a message if it was succesful and if not, why it wasn't. Now you get nothing.

Edit: I've just now checked the website and somewhere in a corner it says your mileage request was denied for the flights have already been credited. It then lists the two dates of my flights to RAK, but not the ones I entered for April, but the ones in March where I also had some flights to RAK (that were credited automatically)??? What the actual what? That wasn't even the same ticket number!

Last edited by Nick Art; May 13, 2019 at 2:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.