Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
What about baggage transfer at ZRH? How good are they at it? I'm flying AMS-ZRH-AGP tomorrow in P and have 50 minutes layover. I would like to check in my bag but can I count on it? Or it would be wiser to have only carry-on.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
What about baggage transfer at ZRH? How good are they at it? I'm flying AMS-ZRH-AGP tomorrow in P and have 50 minutes layover. I would like to check in my bag but can I count on it? Or it would be wiser to have only carry-on.
ZRH certainly is one of the better airports regarding luggage transfer, but even the best have bad moments. If you can transport it as carry-on, I'd do so (it also saves you a bit of time in AGP, not having to wait for it) - if not, just put everything you absolutely need into your carry-on, and don't worry. I'd say the chance is <1% that you'll not see it on the belt in AGP..
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
ZRH certainly is one of the better airports regarding luggage transfer, but even the best have bad moments. If you can transport it as carry-on, I'd do so (it also saves you a bit of time in AGP, not having to wait for it) - if not, just put everything you absolutely need into your carry-on, and don't worry. I'd say the chance is <1% that you'll not see it on the belt in AGP..
Thanks! I have the basics to survive 1-2 days in AGP. If its probably going to arrive, then I'm not going to worry about it and check it in. Friends want some special liquids that are not sold in the tax free nor spanish alcohol shops.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
Thanks! I have the basics to survive 1-2 days in AGP. If its probably going to arrive, then I'm not going to worry about it and check it in. Friends want some special liquids that are not sold in the tax free nor spanish alcohol shops.
Enjoy your travel. Too bad you're only 50min in ZRH - try to make that longer next time, and I'll get you onto a private journey around the airport
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:20 pm

Is it correct that FTL's get extra benefits when flying United?
My last boarding pass stated 'Premier access"

I can't really find any information about this online. Does anybody know?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:34 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NiCre
Is it correct that FTL's get extra benefits when flying United?
My last boarding pass stated 'Premier access"

I can't really find any information about this online. Does anybody know?
Yes, you do. Check this page.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...premieraccess/
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Unless im overlooking something, it still doesn't make sense to me as FTL = Star Silver and not Gold, no?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:19 am

NUE Star Alliance "Gold Track" Security

As US passport holders, my traveling companion and I will be boarding a Lufthansa flight in NUE on a United-issued business class award (we will have I-class boarding passes for LH). We won't have checked bags.

My understanding from the Star Alliance website is that we do have access to Gold Track security lanes.

I remember having access to a special line in LHR on BA First and it was (somewhat) pointless for a non-EU citizen because we had to go back to passport validation line or something. Is it the same in Germany? Should we bother finding the special security lane?

Any help about how the experience will go would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bvanderhaar; Apr 6, 2017 at 10:25 am
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Unless im overlooking something, it still doesn't make sense to me as FTL = Star Silver and not Gold, no?
I think it does make some sense. LH group and UA are cooperating more closely than the *A program demands.

So Mileage Plus elites get some more benefits when flying LH group than, say, KrisFlyer elites. And it works the other way around as well. For instance, M&M elites can earn exec bonus when flying UA.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
My link was meant to describe what perks FTL gets when flying on UA. And yes I believe FTL does get 'Premier access'.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
I'm a little worried, it looks like things changed and FTL\Silver doesn't get those benefits anymore ( according to the link)
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by bvanderhaar
As US passport holders, my traveling companion and I will be boarding a Lufthansa flight in NUE on a United-issued business class award (we will have I-class boarding passes for LH). We won't have checked bags.

My understanding from the Star Alliance website is that we do have access to Gold Track security lanes.

I remember having access to a special line in LHR on BA First and it was (somewhat) pointless for a non-EU citizen because we had to go back to passport validation line or something. Is it the same in Germany? Should we bother finding the special security lane?

Any help about how the experience will go would be greatly appreciated.
NUE is much smaller than LHR, and LH only flies to FRA & MUC from there, which are domestic flights with no passport checks whatsoever?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
NUE is much smaller than LHR, and LH only flies to FRA & MUC from there, which are domestic flights with no passport checks whatsoever?
Yeah, we are going to MUC, then onto the US. Sounds like it'll be pretty straightforward, thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:35 am

Just curious : when does Lufthansa reveal which movies will be played in the inflight entertainment (transatlantic flight) ? I can see the schedule for april, need a fresh one for may. Also Swiss - same question.

Thank you

Tin
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by tin01
Just curious : when does Lufthansa reveal which movies will be played in the inflight entertainment (transatlantic flight) ? I can see the schedule for april, need a fresh one for may. Also Swiss - same question.

Thank you

Tin
I actually have the same issue. Sort of odd that LH doesn't at least give an "April/May" issue of IFE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.