Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Will LH allow me to short check a bag. Flying LAX-FRA-HAM but would like to get off in FRA and dump the last in country leg (change of plans need to stay in FRA).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
Will LH allow me to short check a bag. Flying LAX-FRA-HAM but would like to get off in FRA and dump the last in country leg (change of plans need to stay in FRA).
Whats your layover in FRA?

If below 2hrs, you'll get some serious questions (or outright rejection) - if it's long (above 4hrs) it should be possible.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
It is about 3 hours, didn't think that would matter. I guess I could go all carry on and just leave from FRA. Although I believe they may cancel the entire ticket out even the return so probable won't. I guess all you can do is ask.....
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:44 pm

It is about 3 hours, didn't think that would matter. I guess I could go all carry on and just leave from FRA. Although I believe they may cancel the entire ticket out even the return so probable won't. I guess all you can do is ask.....
If LAX - FRA - HAM is your outbound and you don't show for the FRA-HAM leg, the return WILL be cancelled. Don't do it.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:53 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by malmostoso
If LAX - FRA - HAM is your outbound and you don't show for the FRA-HAM leg, the return WILL be cancelled. Don't do it.
Yeah almost forgot about that one little fact about the return. Bummer, have not had to do this in years and have done this rarely in the past on one way domestic flights where I just got off the flight with my carry on and walked out the airport. I guess the carriers don't like that.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:54 am

I thought that was your last leg (ie, return home) - obviously, if you miss out FRA-HAM the rest of your ticket will be invalid.

You CAN change it beforehand, but that will be $$$ to do so.

If you want to fly back, you'll better fly to HAM
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Cancellation rules on Business Saver Plus Fare?

Thinking about booking a LH business flight from MUC to HND early next year.

The fare I am looking at is a Business Saver Plus Fare. The fare rules state in case of cancellation "Refundable except: 250 EUR plus Fare Difference"

What is meant with "Fare Difference"? Is there anything else to pay than the 250 Euros?

I would have thought that the refund would be the total fare (e.g. 3,000 Euros) minus the 250 Euros for cancelling (= 2750 Euros)? Or am I understanding this wrong?

Also is the fee for both segments or would they charge twice?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Mr. Lau:

Often times, the fare rules specify penalties for "cancellations" and "changes" separately.

Could you post which particular fare(s) you're considering? (That is, could you post the code for the fare rules; it should look something like "PXRCJDE.")
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by fppmongo
Mr. Lau:

Often times, the fare rules specify penalties for "cancellations" and "changes" separately.

Could you post which particular fare(s) you're considering? (That is, could you post the code for the fare rules; it should look something like "PXRCJDE.")
The only thing I can see about this is on LHs homepage on the flight selection page - "reebooking not possible" and "Cancellation - Refundable except: 250 EUR plus Fare Difference". Booking class is P, fare is Business Saver Plus - but where can I find the code for the fare rules?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
^^^Easiest would probably be to look up your itinerary on the matrix.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by fppmongo
^^^Easiest would probably be to look up your itinerary on the matrix.
On the matrix I found this code: PRNJDE - is this the fare code?

Also I found this on LHs booking site: Cancellation: The ticket is refundable except 250,00 EUR. In case of cancellation of a flight of an already partially used ticket the fare (incl. taxes, fees and surcharges) for the actual flown travel will be recalculated and any applicable fare difference will be collected. Cancellations must be made prior to the planned departure of the flight.

So this sounds to me as only the 250 Euros would be payable when cancelling before departure...?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Enjoy your travel. Too bad you're only 50min in ZRH - try to make that longer next time, and I'll get you onto a private journey around the airport
Too bad that I didn't check the thread. Flight to AGP was overbooked, they gave 428CHF and a couple of hours in ZRH. And they rebooked me to GVA and then back to AMS through MUC . And GVA-MUC-AMS flights were downgraded to ECO (stupid me didn't check BP and gate agents said to contact C.S. and that they can't do anything about it) Aaand still no luggage (5 days later). Wrote a letter to CS on Friday, lets see what they are going to answer. But there are still ways to solve the problem positively for me, so I'm not going to throw a tantrum on a separate thread yet.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Hej Guys,

I am flying only SAS PLUS (maybe 5-6 times a year). I ussually also cant visit any lounges because of work reasons i get to go as late as possible to the airport. I have an upcomming LH BRU-FRA-RIX (and return) in business class. Which i will be having finally time to maximise everything. Anybody any ideas how i can maximise a Shorthaul LH Business Class. I have a 4 hours overlay in FRA.

Greetings,
toonmelis
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by toonmelis
Hej Guys,

I am flying only SAS PLUS (maybe 5-6 times a year). I ussually also cant visit any lounges because of work reasons i get to go as late as possible to the airport. I have an upcomming LH BRU-FRA-RIX (and return) in business class. Which i will be having finally time to maximise everything. Anybody any ideas how i can maximise a Shorthaul LH Business Class. I have a 4 hours overlay in FRA.

Greetings,
toonmelis
My favourite lounge in FRA (*business) is Air Canada's MLL. As you have quite some tome in FRA, definitely give it a visit.You just need to have your passport (id card not sufficient) to access the ''international'' part (Terminal 1, Concourse B. The lounge is near gate B48?). Your gate to RIX could be a long hike away from there, so leave early (ask the lounge dragons how long it takes to your gate). You could also hop by LH business lounge, they are everywhere but I find the MLL to be superior.

Last edited by Karl Gustav Annus; Apr 12, 2017 at 9:01 am
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
My link was meant to describe what perks FTL gets when flying on UA. And yes I believe FTL does get 'Premier access'.
So interestingly...
SIN-HKG; boarding pass stated "Premier Access", got to use the fast lanes and such and board with group 2.
HKG-SIN; boarding pass didn't state "Premier Access", but still got to board in group 2.

Anyhow, its not a big deal. Chances are slim I will fly UA in the near future anyway as I found both hard and soft product coming off as very tired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.