Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 11:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Usually yes, but often it is moody.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:18 pm
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Dresden

Can anyone tell me if the LH lounges at Dresden are for only international flights or also for domestic German flights?
Old May 21, 2017, 1:26 pm

There is no distinction. You can use the lounge with any LH operated flight.
Old May 21, 2017, 1:43 pm

Thanks! But I meant are the lounges before immigration control or after?
Old May 21, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_19
Thanks! But I meant are the lounges before immigration control or after?
You should probably explain your itinerary, since it's highly unlikely you will arrive in DRS without having cleared immigration somewhere else beforehand.

At any rate, the LH website says "gate area", and leaves it at that.
Old May 21, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
You should probably explain your itinerary, since it's highly unlikely you will arrive in DRS without having cleared immigration somewhere else beforehand.

At any rate, the LH website says "gate area", and leaves it at that.
I am flying Munich to Dusseldorf RT - was unclear to me if the LH lounges would be for Schengen flights or for flights going out of the zone.

Yes I saw on the LH website the same, it is not very helpful
Old May 21, 2017, 2:17 pm

There is a terminal map for Dresden (requires Flash). The lounges are airside on Level 1.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
TLV-FRA-BOG

Hi!

I'm suppose to travel TLV-FRA-BOG 16/7-21/7.

Price just went up and as the outbound Z class is now sold out and now only D is available. On the way back i see availability in ExpertFlyer on P but LH.com books me on Z.

When I look at ExpertFlyer for each leg separately i see plenty of availability (P)

ITA still shows Z is available

A few questions

1.Any way to mix cabins? Y for TLV-FRA,FRA-TLV and J for FRA-BOG,BOG-FRA and getting priced at Z\P for the J leg?

2.Why isn't it giving me the option to book P on the way back? would a TA be able to book D on the outbound and P on the inbound?

3.Can a TA book all P as each leg alone has P availability ?

4.Any chance of Z inventory for TLV-FRA-BOG being released?

Thank you!

Last edited by photographer2012; May 21, 2017 at 3:11 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 2:18 am

1) mixing can only be done for one way at least ie not short haul in Y and long haul in P as much I am aware.

Outbound in P and inbound in Y(N Prem. Eco) would be possible as example

2) If P is available on married segments a TA can probably do more than the LH engine itself.

3) No. Married segments need to be available.

4) Possible but LH tends to open less cheaper booking classes again unless they do a sale. Your July flights are in high travel season.

Maybe check their Eco Comfort product. Has quite some good earnings and is a BIG step up from Eco. Especially on a day flight is perfectly adequate.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by Steve_19
I am flying Munich to Dusseldorf RT - was unclear to me if the LH lounges would be for Schengen flights or for flights going out of the zone.
LH serves FRA and MUC from DRS, that's it. No international flights whatsoever. If we factor in LH subsidiaries, there is still nothing non-Schengen. Only if you count SunExpress (of which LH owns 50%), we have non-Schengen flights out of DRS by an airline closely tied to LH. But I don't think SunExpress fliers may use LH lounges.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
I saw Brussels Airlines is having an upgrade system I am rather intrested in doing this for a short-haul. If accepted ,do I get more miles? and do the miles also depend on original booking class because i am in a full fare economy (H)? Thanks

Couldnt find anywhere info about this.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: LH M&M
Originally Posted by photographer2012
Hi!

2.Why isn't it giving me the option to book P on the way back? would a TA be able to book D on the outbound and P on the inbound?
I can't say for sure, but I had a similar experience recently trying to book Y outbound and P inbound. It seems the LH system likes to match the fare conditions somehow. In my case, since the only available economy fare was a changeable and refundable (W) one, it wouldn't let me match it with the cheapest non-changeable but refundable P fare. They forced me to pay for a slightly more expensive P which was both changeable and refundable.

I suspect the same is happening to you - probably it won't let you pair a flexible D with a non-flexible P. A travel agent might well be able to do this for you.

PS: at least two agents in the LH Cape Town call centre were unable to quote me ANY price for a Y outbound + P return. It's a bit of a lottery with the different call centres, so you could try again if you don't get a result.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
purch

I talked with LH today, they said P has a minimum stay and that's why i cant book it

Using ITA Matrix this morning I was eventually able to find Z fare all the way, but a couple of hours ago all the Z inventory on the TLV-FRA leg disappeared

Now i'm back to the beginning....

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
1)
3) No. Married segments need to be available.
I was able to find in ITA Matrix and then on Google flights Z inventory when I searched each leg separately, it was priced as the original Z pricing i saw originally. So maybe it's possible with LH

One last question, the problematic leg now without Z inventory is TLV-FRA which only has D, can i book D on this leg and everything else on Z? can a TA do that?

Thanks!

Last edited by photographer2012; May 22, 2017 at 2:52 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Quick question. I am planning to travel FRA-MEX during July. How busy is the flight? I am thinking to buy economy class and try to upgrade to PE. Or shall i buy PE just to be sure ?

Thank you all in advance
Old May 23, 2017, 3:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
Quick question. I am planning to travel FRA-MEX during July. How busy is the flight? I am thinking to buy economy class and try to upgrade to PE. Or shall i buy PE just to be sure ?

Thank you all in advance
Do you have any particular dates in mind?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.