Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by MichielR
Not even a cold snack, crew often only hand out a little candy bar or similar during boarding! One quick round of drinks and that it.
You realize the question was about the business class product?

If I fly BRU-FRA, it's usually Eco, but the few times I've flown it in C, there was a cold snack. Same as on other, similarly short routes such as FRA-ZRH.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by fppmongo
You realize the question was about the business class product?

If I fly BRU-FRA, it's usually Eco, but the few times I've flown it in C, there was a cold snack. Same as on other, similarly short routes such as FRA-ZRH.
I believe this depends on the time of the day. I've done this short hope in C and the service very much as described by MichielR.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: OZ *G
LH2472 MUC - LHR on Jul 2

Expertflyer shows J first row is blocked, Im 6'3" and I really need some extra legroom.

I know that it may be reserved for HON and/or SEN and FTL but I still wonder if there is anyway to choose it. (Im a SA*G)

Many thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Star Alliance
How can I become senator this year?

I am at 34k status miles, frequent traveller. Every week I travel economy ZUR-FRA for around 750 status miles per leg. If I continue like this I will end up around 79k status miles in this year. How can I get the missing 21k miles most easily?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:52 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad
How can I become senator this year?

I am at 34k status miles, frequent traveller. Every week I travel economy ZUR-FRA for around 750 status miles per leg. If I continue like this I will end up around 79k status miles in this year. How can I get the missing 21k miles most easily?
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Psycho Dad!

More recent posts in this thread might give you some idea on how to collect those missing 21k miles.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-lx-lh-os.html
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: MM
Hi Everyone,

So, first message on here. I was basically wondering if there was an easier way for me to get SEN or Gold status than what I am doing at the moment.

I am flying a lot with Lufthansa from MUC (44 segments since January). But it is mostly in Europe and therefore I don't think I will reach the 100k status miles needed for SEN. I am currently at 35k status miles.

Any tips/recommandation would be more than welcome. I feel like I am not being very efficient status wise compared to the amount of times I fly.

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by durdediana
I am flying a lot with Lufthansa from MUC (44 segments since January). But it is mostly in Europe and therefore I don't think I will reach the 100k status miles needed for SEN. I am currently at 35k status miles.
Hello durdediana and welcome to FT!

If you only fly intra-Europe it's tough, you have to be very careful with your booking classes. Do you have any leeway when booking a trip or do you stick to the cheapest flight available?

You can check this thread to find ideas for cheap(-ish) mileage run ideas to top up your status miles at the end of the year.

Also don't forget that you are not chained to LH group, sometimes you can earn more with other airlines.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
Arriving into FRA at about 4pm on a weekday and have a 9pm(ish) connection onto OSL (on LH metal)

Flying in paid J (incoming and outgoing), and am *G... whats the best lounge to use? (specifically after one with showers if possible)

The flight lists a "snack" for the FRA->OSL flight... whats this likely to be?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by LordTentacle
Arriving into FRA at about 4pm on a weekday and have a 9pm(ish) connection onto OSL (on LH metal)

Flying in paid J (incoming and outgoing), and am *G... whats the best lounge to use? (specifically after one with showers if possible)

The flight lists a "snack" for the FRA->OSL flight... whats this likely to be?
Most, if not all, LH SEN/*G lounges in FRA have showers, even the Schengen ones. There may be a little wait, but since you have several hours, you will be fine. Just follow the signs to any Senator Lounge.

Snack will be something like sliced ham and/or cheese and/or salad and a roll. Plus some kind of mini-dessert.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
My apologies for the question in advance if it had already been answered. I couldn't find anything relevant in search.

On M&M miles earning listing for SQ, it only mentions flights to/from/between non-European destinations.

Does it mean that SQ codeshare flights within Europe earns nothing with M&M?

Specifically, I am interested in SQ-coded SAS flights in Z, and I'm trying to work out whether I should credit this particular flight to M&M or not as I have alternatives (SQ or A3).

Thank you for your help.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:00 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
My apologies for the question in advance if it had already been answered. I couldn't find anything relevant in search.

On M&M miles earning listing for SQ, it only mentions flights to/from/between non-European destinations.

Does it mean that SQ codeshare flights within Europe earns nothing with M&M?

Specifically, I am interested in SQ-coded SAS flights in Z, and I'm trying to work out whether I should credit this particular flight to M&M or not as I have alternatives (SQ or A3).

Thank you for your help.
In Star Alliance it's the operating carrier that counts. For miles earning on SQ-coded SAS flights you have to check the earning chart for SAS.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
In Star Alliance it's the operating carrier that counts. For miles earning on SQ-coded SAS flights you have to check the earning chart for SAS.
Thank you for your response. That's good news. I never noticed anything about the operating carrier despite some years of *Gold including some as SEN

It saves me messing about with two programmes for one itinerary.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thank you for your response. That's good news. I never noticed anything about the operating carrier despite some years of *Gold including some as SEN

It saves me messing about with two programmes for one itinerary.
There is however one caveat. Fare code mapping on various *A carriers is not transparent and Z on SQ codeshare does not necessarily map to Z on SK or any other *A airline. Attempts have been made to unravel the mystery but none has been successful as far as I know, e.g. in this forum and elsewhere.

Though not relevant to this discussion Z is a discounted booking class on LH while it appears to be a full fare business booking class on SQ. Hopefully Z on SQ will map to one of the higher business booking classes on SK which earn 2,000 M&M miles.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Though not relevant to this discussion Z is a discounted booking class on LH while it appears to be a full fare business booking class on SQ. Hopefully Z on SQ will map to one of the higher business booking classes on SK which earn 2,000 M&M miles.
Thank you for the further info. Hopefully it'll map to a higher fare on SK like C, D or Z as it is part of a flex F booking, but I suppose it's a small part of the equation being somewhere between 750 and 2,000 so it won't really have any material impact, although the more, the better, of course.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Hi all,

I've been offered an upgrade to F (from Z) on a recent FRA-PEK (A380) route for ~1400 EUR when I use Manage My Booking on the LH website. I know that prices for upgrades are of course highly subjective and dependent on each one's valuation for J and F, but how better is the LH F product compared to LH J? I've never flown it before so I don't know if it is "1000 EUR better". Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.