Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 2:18 pm

The T-14 rule is only for F awards for *A partners. Searching on the M&M website should give you all the availability, but you can also call and try your luck. LX F awards are only available on the phone, and only for SEN/HON.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
The T-14 rule is only for F awards for *A partners. Searching on the M&M website should give you all the availability, but you can also call and try your luck. LX F awards are only available on the phone, and only for SEN/HON.
I see. thanks for clarifying. for some reason the M&M website always error out for me, no matter what i do. so i take it that availability doesnt exist, but i think i could be missing some opportunities...
Old May 29, 2017, 2:35 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gnomey
Have a pile of M&M miles to use, and want to get a TATL flight from West Coast cities including YVR
Bear in mind that LH has been reducing the number of First Class destinations (check http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ompendium.html) and F awards to/from West Coast destinations are notoriously difficult to get.
Old May 29, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Bear in mind that LH has been reducing the number of First Class destinations (check http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ompendium.html) and F awards to/from West Coast destinations are notoriously difficult to get.
Yeah I know. Thanks for that link. I think I will settle for LH J. I believe only ex-LAX and SFO flight has F

LX is even more difficult to get I notice. Dont say the F, even J is difficult to find
Old May 29, 2017, 3:59 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

LX is even more difficult to get I notice. Dont say the F, even J is difficult to find
You have to be SEN or HON to get LX F awards though upgrades to F with miles should still be possible.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
Couple of Questions

I couldn't select seats on the flyaustrian.com site, but on a hunch, went to LH's site, entered the Amadeus PNR, and voila! It worked. Should I feel secure in my selection, or should I check every so often to ensure no shenanigans?

Is there any single/throne seat blocking on the OS 777, (is it reserved for HONS/SEN members, in other words)? I was able to select row 3 with no issues. I think row 5 might have been X on EF, but row 7 was open.

Either way, looking forward to my first long-haul flight on OS and learning more about the LH group of airlines.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:35 pm

You have to be SEN or HON to get LX F awards though upgrades to F with miles should still be possible.
I see, thanks. Are there any tips on securing J seat for LX flight?

Open to flights not originating or arriving at US as well. I tested a couple (eg Europe to or from Asia) and couldn't find availability even far out

Perhaps Africa flights more likely to have seats? The one and only time I took LX was ex-Nairobi. Had a good impression and prefer it to LH, though I was quite sick at that time so was asleep for the most part
Old May 30, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
2 questions

Two Questions for you guys.

First time flying Lufthansa, flying in J from BRU-FRA-EWR. Has anyone flown the BRU-FRA flight- what kind of meal service is offered in J?

Also, for anyone that has flown on the 748. I really want seats upper deck, but ExpertFlyer shows that they are blocked. It is my understanding that certain seats in J are blocked for SEN/HON. I am TK*G and UA*S if that helps... I am guessing I have to do it during OLCI. Any experiences with this? Do the upper decks tend to fill up?
Old May 31, 2017, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by ElanSchwartz
First time flying Lufthansa, flying in J from BRU-FRA-EWR. Has anyone flown the BRU-FRA flight- what kind of meal service is offered in J?
Very quick
It will be a cold snack. Make sure you visit The Loft in BRU and enjoy that lounge, it will have better food and drinks.

Do the upper decks tend to fill up?
If you check in early you'll be fine.

Any reason why not the direct BRU-JFK with SN? Better product all around IMHO.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:40 am
Original Poster

I see, thanks. Are there any tips on securing J seat for LX flight?

Open to flights not originating or arriving at US as well. I tested a couple (eg Europe to or from Asia) and couldn't find availability even far out
I can find plenty of Business awards for ZRH-HKG and back in November, for example, but I'm not sure if I see better availability as a SEN.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Also, for anyone that has flown on the 748. I really want seats upper deck, but ExpertFlyer shows that they are blocked. It is my understanding that certain seats in J are blocked for SEN/HON. I am TK*G and UA*S if that helps... I am guessing I have to do it during OLCI. Any experiences with this? Do the upper decks tend to fill up?
The upper deck certainly seems to be more popular. As far as I know the first two rows on the upper deck are blocked for SEN/HON.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The upper deck certainly seems to be more popular. As far as I know the first two rows on the upper deck are blocked for SEN/HON.
Correct, but these are not always the best seats so often available at OLCI. Especially the bulkhead: close to toilet and last off the stairs so not good if you want to deplane quickly.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Very quick
It will be a cold snack. Make sure you visit The Loft in BRU and enjoy that lounge, it will have better food and drinks.

If you check in early you'll be fine.

Any reason why not the direct BRU-JFK with SN? Better product all around IMHO.
Not even a cold snack, crew often only hand out a little candy bar or similar during boarding! One quick round of drinks and that it. With that comparison the SN lounges are paradise indeed.

+1 on the SN direct although last time I took that flight there was a 40min queue for the document check at the B gates and no C/priority queue
Old May 31, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MichielR
Not even a cold snack, crew often only hand out a little candy bar or similar during boarding! One quick round of drinks and that it. With that comparison the SN lounges are paradise indeed.

+1 on the SN direct although last time I took that flight there was a 40min queue for the document check at the B gates and no C/priority queue
2 reasons on not SN direct:

-Wanted to fly with more than one carrier (flying SN JFK-BRU on outbound) and wanted to try LH748, and never flown upper deck on the 747.
-The LH schedule (even with connection) is much better for me because I can go to EWR and connect to another UA flight, instead of SN flying into JFK, having to drive to LGA to take a UA flight (I'm ridiculous I know...)
Old May 31, 2017, 11:59 pm

2 reasons on not SN direct:

-Wanted to fly with more than one carrier (flying SN JFK-BRU on outbound) and wanted to try LH748, and never flown upper deck on the 747.
-The LH schedule (even with connection) is much better for me because I can go to EWR and connect to another UA flight, instead of SN flying into JFK, having to drive to LGA to take a UA flight (I'm ridiculous I know...)
It's great then, you can compare the two products! Enjoy your trip, the upper deck is always a little special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.