Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott: Gold; Aeroplan: Silver; Hertz: PC
I'm not sure where to place this question about the applicability of EU261 legislation. I've been "lucky" on quite a few flights recently but never used it before.

Situation 1.
Ticket issued by Austrian Airlines, the itinerary is YYC-VIE, first leg YYC-EWR operated by Air Canada and second EWR-VIE operated by Austrian Airlines.
I spend 3 hours in the plane on tarmac in YYC because YYC first "runs out of defrosting fluid" and then "the defrosting truck breaks we need another truck", as the result I don't make the EWR-VIE flight and get rerouted EWR-DUS and DUS-VIE with 6-hour delayed arrival to VIE.
Does EU261 apply to this case?

Situation 2.
Ticket issued by Condor (DE), three passengers routing PRG-MUC-YYC.
PRG-MUC operated by LH, MUC-YYC by DE.
The PRG-MUC flight is canceled because the airplane doesn't arrive from MUC to PRG earlier that morning (some mechanical cited). Three hours in the line because the whole plane needs rebooking.

Result: 24-hour delay at departure (hotel paid), new routing PRG-YYZ-YYC by AC next day.

I think this one must fall under EU261, and that makes it 1800 EUR (600*3), correct? But who should I contact - Condor (ticketing airline) or LH (operator of just the first leg PRG-MUC that got canceled). I contacted Condor but didn't get any response so far.

BTW in both cases baggage was lost (or should I say delayed as it was recovered, in one case three days later) as well!

Thank you!

Last edited by laketravis; Apr 13, 2017 at 11:06 am Reason: Improved wording for clarity
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Are there any ground services to speak of for departing LH F passengers at PVG? Is immigration (again, for departing passengers) time-consuming?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Does anybody has an idea about lounge in the AMS when flying on LO(Nordica)? *A page shows that the LO lounge is contracted KLM business lounge. Do they mean the crown lounge upstairs, next to the usual *A lounge? Cant find any information about KLM business lounge around gate C04.

KLM Business Class Lounge
Contracted (Business)
Terminal 1, Departure Hall 1, Pier D
Mezzanine level,close to gate C04
after security control
04.45 - 21.00
Old Apr 17, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
Does anybody has an idea about lounge in the AMS when flying on LO(Nordica)? *A page shows that the LO lounge is contracted KLM business lounge. Do they mean the crown lounge upstairs, next to the usual *A lounge? Cant find any information about KLM business lounge around gate C04.
LO uses the Aspire lounge at AMS, along with LH, LX and a host of others.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/airline/lot-polish-airlines/
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Originally Posted by MichielR
LO uses the Aspire lounge at AMS, along with LH, LX and a host of others.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/airline/lot-polish-airlines/
Thank you!

Interesting that the http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder page gives another answer.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Flying in from non-schengen and out on LH F international - how do I get to the LH FCT? Will someone from LH pick me up after my first leg at the jet bridge or do I need to find my way to the FCT?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:38 pm

Find your own way. The FCT is designed as a departure terminal only (you can use it, but no service to it is provided)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Find your own way. The FCT is designed as a departure terminal only (you can use it, but no service to it is provided)
Do I need to exit immigration and then walk over there land-side, or can I get there without having to clear immigration?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Do I need to exit immigration and then walk over there land-side, or can I get there without having to clear immigration?
FCT is landside. You will clear and reclear immigration and security.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
You enter Germany proper, passing by some smoking cab drivers, etc. etc. - you're definitely landside

For the "novelty", the FCT certainly is great. But I doubt someone flying through FRA a lot would head there every single time, when the FCL offers pretty much the same (minus the limo drive, in SOME cases..)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:28 pm

I am waiting for SFO-GVA availability using miles on LX (via the SFO-ZRH route) to open up on June 12th. For now, as Senator, they were able to override a lack of availability and at least book me on LH.

What are the key date "milestones" during which I should check for LX availability? Is it 60, 30, 14 days before travel date? Any tips/advice to understand the system would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat
LH M&M v MP *A Award

I wish to book a LH r/t economy award to Europe originating in the US. There is not currently any availability using MP miles for a *A ticket. Is there any advantage of opening a M&M account and transferring SPG Starpoints over other than the fact that the award is 10,000 miles cheaper?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I wish to book a LH r/t economy award to Europe originating in the US. There is not currently any availability using MP miles for a *A ticket. Is there any advantage of opening a M&M account and transferring SPG Starpoints over other than the fact that the award is 10,000 miles cheaper?
You will have more availability and access to the mileage bargains, but you're likely to pay a lot more taxes. You can check availability and costs directly online and without any miles in the account, so just open one and see for yourself.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by malmostoso
You will have more availability and access to the mileage bargains, but you're likely to pay a lot more taxes. You can check availability and costs directly online and without any miles in the account, so just open one and see for yourself.
I signed up but am getting the following:

"As a new member, it is important to know that you cannot use our online services, e.g. to check your mileage account balance or book flight awards, until you have received your personal PIN.

Your five-digit PIN will automatically be sent to you by post along with your regular Miles & More plastic card as soon as you have earned one award mile with one of our Miles & More partners and this has been credited to your mileage account."

So looks like I can't check award space by signing up.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I signed up but am getting the following:

"As a new member, it is important to know that you cannot use our online services, e.g. to check your mileage account balance or book flight awards, until you have received your personal PIN.

Your five-digit PIN will automatically be sent to you by post along with your regular Miles & More plastic card as soon as you have earned one award mile with one of our Miles & More partners and this has been credited to your mileage account."

So looks like I can't check award space by signing up.
Register for the newsletter, that will give you 500 miles.
In the meantime, if you have a routing in mind and a few dates, we can help you.

(I forgot about the snail mail with the PIN. That's quite German.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.