Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LewDog
Thanks so much. Still no problem accessing FCT/FCL, as appropriate, when traveling on an award ticket though, correct?

thanks again,
lewis
No difference between award and revenue tickets as far as access to the FCT/FCL is concerned.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:23 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Hey,

I am flying from JFK to BRU in J on SN. I am originating at ORD, flying to LGA on UA, and then changing airport to JFK. Will LH be able to print boarding passes for me at ORD?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by ElanSchwartz
Hey,

I am flying from JFK to BRU in J on SN. I am originating at ORD, flying to LGA on UA, and then changing airport to JFK. Will LH be able to print boarding passes for me at ORD?
You can always check in online and then reprint your boarding pass at JFK.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: M&M
Just to make sure: If I upgrade from D to F using miles, I am still credited the full D flight in status miles, right?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zatic
Just to make sure: If I upgrade from D to F using miles, I am still credited the full D flight in status miles, right?
Yes.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:35 am

I have 2 ecertificates on LH and I wonder what is the lowest booking class to upgrade from econ to prem economy. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Utazo
I have 2 ecertificates on LH and I wonder what is the lowest booking class to upgrade from econ to prem economy. Thanks in advance!
All in the wiki here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-merged-q.html (depends on operating carrier)
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
SN Bags

Hey,

I have never flown SN before, but am flying with them JFK-BRU-VCE. The JFK-BRU is on one reservation in J, and the BRU-VCE is on another in Y. Can I through check my bags. Does SN have a priority baggage benefit (like LH and UA)? I have about a 3hr connection. I have heard horror stories of BRU being notorious for misconnecting bags. If I have such a long connection, should I just connect or recheck... or should I just trust SN that my bags will be delivered. Also, can I access the lounge (The Loft or whatever its called) with my arriving J ticket. I would be departing on a Y ticket... but could I still access with the J ticket I arrived in BRU on?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ElanSchwartz
Hey,

I have never flown SN before, but am flying with them JFK-BRU-VCE. The JFK-BRU is on one reservation in J, and the BRU-VCE is on another in Y. Can I through check my bags. Does SN have a priority baggage benefit (like LH and UA)? I have about a 3hr connection. I have heard horror stories of BRU being notorious for misconnecting bags. If I have such a long connection, should I just connect or recheck... or should I just trust SN that my bags will be delivered. Also, can I access the lounge (The Loft or whatever its called) with my arriving J ticket. I would be departing on a Y ticket... but could I still access with the J ticket I arrived in BRU on?

Thanks!
Yes you can interline your bags, and you have the Priority benefit. But I have no idea if your bags will be delivered.

You cannot use your arriving J ticket for lounge access but since you have TK*G, you can access the lounge.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 3:40 pm

http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/First-Class-Product

Does anyone have an updated link to check which flight has the newer F product? The link above link no longer work. I am looking to see if the SFO-MUC flight has the new F product.

thanks
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaiotes
http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/First-Class-Product

Does anyone have an updated link to check which flight has the newer F product? The link above link no longer work. I am looking to see if the SFO-MUC flight has the new F product.

thanks
What do you mean by the newer F product? All F cabins on LH aircraft have the same 8 F seats for the last few years. The layout might be slightly different.

The page you are looking for may be: http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lufthansa-First-Class

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 18, 2017 at 4:23 pm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:02 pm

I might have read an old article about a346 and 330s don't have a separate bed on the old layouts. But thanks for clarifying.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaiotes
I might have read an old article about a346 and 330s don't have a separate bed on the old layouts. But thanks for clarifying.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...it-thread.html

Separate beds and seats were interim measures on the 744 which no longer have F cabin.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:21 am

Could someone please point me in the direction of the current Lufthansa booking codes? I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find it.

I found this list here on FT but it doesn't seem to be current.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ing-codes.html

Or perhaps I am just not understanding how to read it. I'm trying to understand the thread on load counts. It's really neat. What I am not quite understanding is that the above list says that J is not in use but I see it quite frequently in the load prediction thread. That leads me to believe I am not looking at the correct code guide.

I'm sorry for asking what may seem to be an obvious question. I just cannot seem to get it on my own. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:03 pm

I can't think of a place to get that information per se, but if you go to the M&M page regarding earning on LH you will find them ordered by "value" and divided by category.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.