Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:15 am

have an upgrade award question:

I am booked on a UA codeshare flight operated by LH (IAH - FRA) in booking class M
I have plenty of miles with M&M

Now it seems like it is impossible to upgrade this codeshare flight. However, about 2h later there is a UA operated flight on the same route. If I could change my booking to that flight, would I be able to upgrade this UA operated flight (with UA flight number) from booking class M using Miles & More miles?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Miles&More
So I'm new to the whole Frequent Flyer programme and just registered with Miles&More, as I will be travelling a tiny bit in the near future.

I'm doing BRU-GVA and back in March and I'm staying in GVA for 10 days and wanted to book a hotel room via Miles&More to gather as much miles as possible quickly in order to get to 35.000 points (=frequent flyer right?)

However, I'm unable to book a room, following message appears:
"You need to log in or sign up to continue" --> I am already logged-in, hence my name in the top right corner of the page...
"This service is proposed for private traveller" --> what to they mean by this?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by nherbert90
I'm doing BRU-GVA and back in March and I'm staying in GVA for 10 days and wanted to book a hotel room via Miles&More to gather as much miles as possible quickly in order to get to 35.000 points (=frequent flyer right?)
any miles you get from hotels, car rentals etc, in other words, the miles accrued not by flying, are called award miles, and they do not count towards your elite status. For FTL you need to reach 35k status miles, and these you can only get by flying LH Group and qualifying M&M partner airlines.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fwerfel
have an upgrade award question:

I am booked on a UA codeshare flight operated by LH (IAH - FRA) in booking class M
I have plenty of miles with M&M

Now it seems like it is impossible to upgrade this codeshare flight. However, about 2h later there is a UA operated flight on the same route. If I could change my booking to that flight, would I be able to upgrade this UA operated flight (with UA flight number) from booking class M using Miles & More miles?
UA operated flights allow upgrade from only Y & B using M&M miles: http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:09 pm

Newbie Excess Luggage question

Hi All,
I wonder if anyone could help me.
I'll be travelling to Philadelphia from Birmingham UK via Frankfurt and i need to take an extra bag with me.
From Lufthansa's website, it shows that an extra bag up to 23kg is 75 eur to the USA. Is this the case even though i'm transferring in Frankfurt? Where do i pay for this, would it be when i check in at Birmingham?
I'm just a little worried that i'll be refused the extra bag at check in
Thankyou for taking the time to help me out
Chris
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by nherbert90
As whiskey_sk mentioned you require status miles which are different from award miles. If you're going to fly a lot of short haul in Europe, try flying 30 segments on Miles&More partners. Segments of other *A don't count.

GVA-FRA-BRU-CDG-FRA on SN/LX/LH: 4 qualifying segments.
GVA-FRA-ORD on LH/UA: 1 qualifying segment.
FRA-ORD-DEN-SFO-HNL on UA: 0 qualifying segments.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:19 pm

Baggage allowance for tickets purchased from United

Hi All,

I am trying to find out the free baggage allowance on LH operated flights purchased thru United.com, presumably on UA stock. The flights are available for the same price at LH.com and United.com. I have an United evoucher and I am trying to use that up for this reservation.

I am trying to book DEL-FRA-PHL in economy. Both flights are on LH metal. FRA-PHL flight is a code-share UA number and DEL-FRA is LH760.

LH allows two free bags on this sector while UA only allows one. I am wondering which one would apply in my case? Both websites don't have any clear information on this. Wondering if anyone knows from their experience.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH's bag rules apply.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Originally Posted by zerone
I have an United evoucher and I am trying to use that up for this reservation.
As an aside, you may want to make sure that your evoucher is valid for flights not operated on UA metal. Even with a UA codeshare, the typical United vouchers aren't applicable. Usually, your entire itinerary has to be on UA metal for those vouchers to work.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA *G
Senator Lounge food

Connecting AGP-ZRH-VIE on a Friday evening, LX C to LX C around dinner time. Schengen, so will most likely be in Terminal 1 A/B. Can do a three hour layover or a two hour layover, depending on the quality of food in the Terminal 1 Senator Lounge. So, it the food in that lounge good, for a leisurely dinner, better to go to a restaurant in the concourse, or should I just plan on not much worth a long detour and take the two hour connection instead? I've been told there will be "meals" on both flight segments, so I won't be famished throughout.

Haven't connected via ZRH in a long while, and don't know what the current options are. Have been spoiled lately with the quality of food in SAA Jo'burg, TK main Istanbul lounge, and LH Frankfurt FC. Thoughts?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by outoftowner
Connecting AGP-ZRH-VIE on a Friday evening, LX C to LX C around dinner time. Schengen, so will most likely be in Terminal 1 A/B. Can do a three hour layover or a two hour layover, depending on the quality of food in the Terminal 1 Senator Lounge. So, it the food in that lounge good, for a leisurely dinner, better to go to a restaurant in the concourse, or should I just plan on not much worth a long detour and take the two hour connection instead? I've been told there will be "meals" on both flight segments, so I won't be famished throughout.

Haven't connected via ZRH in a long while, and don't know what the current options are. Have been spoiled lately with the quality of food in SAA Jo'burg, TK main Istanbul lounge, and LH Frankfurt FC. Thoughts?
AGP to ZRH will have (probably) some decent meal. Nothing that really makes you extremely full, but something decent most probably. ZRH to VIE will have some kind of "snack". If you're a small eater, both together are probably fine to replace a regular meal easily, if you eat/enjoy to eat more, you'll probably want to eat a bit more.

The lounge in A is, food wise, not really a great choice. Onboard food in C will be better. To get a similar (or even better) alternative, you could head over to Gate E (no security when arriving/departing from A, just immigration twice) where the SEN lounge has pretty good choices (most of the time)

2 hours connection will do fine if all you want is a meal on the ground in E, go with 3 hours if you like a bit of a Whisky tasting on top of that.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
2 hours connection will do fine if all you want is a meal on the ground in E, go with 3 hours if you like a bit of a Whisky tasting on top of that.
and you get Glenlivet onboard.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:51 am

Hi everyone, I am traveling SFO-MUC for a business trip. I booked the flight today and the departure is in one week.

Here is my problem - I am have two carry-on bags, personal backpack and one checked luggage. I need somehow to minimize the cost of paying for the additional carry-on.

Another option which I have is to buy premium economy, but it seems that it is sold-out for this flight.

Any ideas, how to get second carry-on bag and not pay $100 or how to get premium economy if it is sold-out?

TIA
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:18 am

Hi everyone,

I booked a ticket between SFO and FRA today. The flight is in one week and I have the following problem:

I have 2 carry-ons, 1 checked bag and 1 personal backpack. In other words - one excess carry-on bag. Are there any lifehacks to minimize the price paid for it? Right now I am supposed to pay $100

Or maybe there exists an opportunity to somehow buy premium economy? The LH site says that it is sold-out for this particular flight. Are there any lifehacks which could allow to get it (e.g. by calling to LH)?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by eizerr
Hi everyone,

I booked a ticket between SFO and FRA today. The flight is in one week and I have the following problem:

I have 2 carry-ons, 1 checked bag and 1 personal backpack. In other words - one excess carry-on bag. Are there any lifehacks to minimize the price paid for it? Right now I am supposed to pay $100

Or maybe there exists an opportunity to somehow buy premium economy? The LH site says that it is sold-out for this particular flight. Are there any lifehacks which could allow to get it (e.g. by calling to LH)?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Unless you have Star Gold or manage to purchase an upgrade then you are out of luck.

LH is very strict with carry ons except for F pax.

Depending on how strict the agent is and how full the flight is then it may vary but I wouldn't count on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.