Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: *G
We have the option of purchasing 2 J fares from LH served by LH412 (A350), LH400, LH402, or LH470 (all B747)

These options would intrigue us if we could sit either at the very nose, or on upper deck.

1- not sure which is running 747-400 whereby nose is available for J (rather than F); can that be ascertained from route alone, or do we need exact date ?
2- if the nose or UD are not already occupied, or they reserved for M&M members, or can we as TK*G reserve them early ?
3- any reason to pick A350? from what i could read and see, the hard product is below par (just like other LH J products)... though traveling as a pair we dont mind joint footwells and non-direct-aisle access.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
B744 don't have F, so business seating in the 'nose' is always available. B748 always have F in the nose.
The A359 business seat is the best version of the current business product.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:22 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by deniah
1- not sure which is running 747-400 whereby nose is available for J (rather than F); can that be ascertained from route alone, or do we need exact date ?
There is no F on the 747-400. If you are referring to the 747-8i the F cabin is in the nose of the main deck.

2- if the nose or UD are not already occupied, or they reserved for M&M members, or can we as TK*G reserve them early ?
I know the first two rows on the upper deck of the 747-8i are reserved for SEN/HON. Not sure about front rows on other aircraft types but they may well be reserved for M&M's own *G.

3- any reason to pick A350? from what i could read and see, the hard product is below par (just like other LH J products)... though traveling as a pair we dont mind joint footwells and non-direct-aisle access.
I have not flown on LH's A350 but according to some reports Business seats on the A350 are slightly better than on other LH aircraft. Check this thread.
Lufhansa A350-900 A359 experience reports

There are no joint footwells unless you choose the middle pair and the partition is higher than it used to be.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: *G
Thanks.

Lady of the Household just said NO to the nose. Claims there is higher risk of death in catastrophic accident. (Don't ask me - I didn't bother exploring it further.... )

Looks like we can mix the aircraft going there and back, so might do a UD + A350 combo for the trip
Old May 8, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No problem, just contact LH in BLR in advance to let them know you will need a boarding pass at the transfer desk on arrival.
If I do online check-in and print the boarding pass of my LH flight from BLR to FRA before leaving CMB, would that be OK to proceed to departure level on arrival at BLR without arranging the matter with LH staff at BLR?
Old May 8, 2018, 5:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Online checkin ex India is possible, but doesn't generate a self print boarding pass due to government regulations. You need a airline issued BP.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by deniah
As noted, all 748s have F in the nose, and the 744s are J only and therefore have J in the nose. Type assignment should be determinable in advance, although swaps happen occasionally (usually 744 -> 748). IMO the nose of the LH 744 is not a worthwhile experience unless you are a party of 4 occupying the entire set of seats facing into the nose, although if you've never been in the nose of a 747 it's probably worth experiencing it once (I just recommend doing it in an F product).

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I know the first two rows on the upper deck of the 747-8i are reserved for SEN/HON. Not sure about front rows on other aircraft types but they may well be reserved for M&M's own *G.
At least on the 744, there aren't a significant number of blocks upstairs; maybe the bulkhead row until T~7 days? As a UA*G I've had no problem choosing seats on the UD. Personally I would be taking the 744 UD over anything else until it stops flying - for some reason when they did the 748s they decided everyone would feel more comfortable if their feet were touching...
Old May 8, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: MP, MM, HH Diamond
I'm having a hard time getting a real confirmation via searching and I'm a newbie for LH. Can I expect that at on-line check-in I can be offered a cash business upgrade from H space if there is J/C9 availability but 0 DZP (~20 seats still open)? Or are cash upgrades never offered at on-line check-in and only at the gate?

Also, is a gate cash upgrade the only option vs. ticketing counter? I've only ever done a United cash upgrade close to the 'gate' (via the club agents). Not sure how LH handles things as I've typically upgraded via pre-checkin or myOffer.

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Gold
*G benefits for travelers on same reservation?

Will be booking an Austrian flight VIE-IAD economy class with my parents using United miles. I’m *G and parents have no status, is there any benefit whatsoever to being on the same reservation as them? Looks like I won’t really be getting any useful benefits as *G myself, so I assume no reason try to get everyone on the same booking?
Old May 9, 2018, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by shutter41
Will be booking an Austrian flight VIE-IAD economy class with my parents using United miles. I’m *G and parents have no status, is there any benefit whatsoever to being on the same reservation as them? Looks like I won’t really be getting any useful benefits as *G myself, so I assume no reason try to get everyone on the same booking?
In case of IRROPS there would definitely be a benefit in being attached to a *G. Other than that no baggage or lounge privileges.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:15 am

Missing mileage on flight sectors

Recently flew Lhr-Zrh-Sin-Syd return in biz class and my account is showing something strange on two of the flight sectors. On the the return leg, the Syd-Sin and Sin -Zrh flights are listed on my account but stating my name is not on the passenger list!! So no points are issued. I can confirm I was on the flights as Mrs Gaz was sitting next to me and has already received her points for the entirety. I have contacted the Miles and More team but as yet have had no reply. Has anyone else had this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.
​​​​
Old May 10, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Hi everyone, I'm planning my first trip with LH F after a long time and have a question about FCT access in FRA/MUC
I'll be flying EZE-FRA in F then FRA-MUC in J and MUC-DME in J (same day). I assume I'll get FCT access in FRA because of the incoming F flight from EZE
.. but what about MUC?
Old May 10, 2018, 8:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tuchop
Hi everyone, I'm planning my first trip with LH F after a long time and have a question about FCT access in FRA/MUC
I'll be flying EZE-FRA in F then FRA-MUC in J and MUC-DME in J (same day). I assume I'll get FCT access in FRA because of the incoming F flight from EZE
.. but what about MUC?
If your MUC-DME flight is on the same day you arrive from EZE you should be able to access the MUC FCL as well. You can enter the FCL on the level you arrive on (usually G) and go upstairs for exit passport control.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Was VIE-ORD pulled for Nov 20th? I know the flight doesn't operate on Wednesdays, and know for fact a couple weeks ago the flight was still scheduled to fly on Nov 20th, and google flights says N/A. Pulled in prep of American Thanksgiving?
Old May 10, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
Was VIE-ORD pulled for Nov 20th? I know the flight doesn't operate on Wednesdays, and know for fact a couple weeks ago the flight was still scheduled to fly on Nov 20th, and google flights says N/A. Pulled in prep of American Thanksgiving?
Hey BThumme,
Looks like OS 65 (VIE-ORD) normally operates every day except Wednesday and Sunday. During the week of Monday, Nov 19th it only operates one day, on Monday the 19th. Looks like Austrian expects less travel activity during Thanksgiving week for that flight. VIE-NYC operates as normal, VIE-IAD has one flight less during that week - the one on Thursday.
Have safe travels,
Primenumber

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.