Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 6:09 am

That is correct.

G
Old May 18, 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by raffa
so this means I could hypothetically not fly for the whole 2019-2020-2021-2022, and still my FTL would be valid until 02/22?
Yes

There are a few more crazy rules about (re)qualification, too.

Example, if you qualify in January or February, you only qualify for 2 years (current year + 1 year + 2 months), but if you qualify in March, it's for an entire year extra (current year + 2 years + 2 months). However, if it's re-qualification, it doesn't matter, since it just adds 2 years anyway. BUT if you'd - as in your example above - have lots of segments in Februar 2022, it would only extend it to Februar 2024, while having 29 segments in Februar 2022 and 1 segment in March 2022 would make you qualify (and not re-qualify!) and thus being valid till Feb/2025.

And yes, I almost qualified myself too early once
Old May 18, 2018, 8:48 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
I have lots of orphaned miles in various LH accounts for family
Can I share them and combine them in 1 account?

e.g. LH card 55k bonus + 5k spend = 60k miles, I used 52500 for EU trip oneway in Bz class
can I combine the rest (for a small fee) as I can with UA miles?
Old May 19, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ffI
I have lots of orphaned miles in various LH accounts for family
Can I share them and combine them in 1 account?

e.g. LH card 55k bonus + 5k spend = 60k miles, I used 52500 for EU trip oneway in Bz class
can I combine the rest (for a small fee) as I can with UA miles?
In Germany, Switzerland and Austria they should rolled out “Mileage pooling” which enables 2 adults and up to 5 (I think) child accounts to merge their award miles. This is a very new feature.

this *may* roll out to other countries in the not too distant future.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:57 am

LH op by SQ (SIN-MUC)

A couple of questions about the LH operated by SQ flights from SIN to MUC.

Firstly, I'm assuming that even as sold under the LH code, they will not earn HON miles?

Secondly, if it's LH 'Z' fare, will that map to Z or U on SQ, and thus ironically earn 2 x miles as opposed to 1.5x if I'd flown LH metal?

As a little background, I'm looking at the ex-Italy to SYD/MEL fares over Xmas. On the way out there appears to be P availability but coming back would be up to a Z.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:24 am

Austrian Airlines Flight #93 question

I am flying from Vienna to Washington DC in a month on an economy ticket. I would like to buy a seat with more legroom and more space generally. The only advance options are in Row 16 and Row 19. Row 16 is right in front of the bathrooms, and so exit row 19 seems like the best bet. Anyone with experience on this flight or really any Austrian 767 Version 3?
Old May 20, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dave_C
A couple of questions about the LH operated by SQ flights from SIN to MUC.

Firstly, I'm assuming that even as sold under the LH code, they will not earn HON miles?

Secondly, if it's LH 'Z' fare, will that map to Z or U on SQ, and thus ironically earn 2 x miles as opposed to 1.5x if I'd flown LH metal?

As a little background, I'm looking at the ex-Italy to SYD/MEL fares over Xmas. On the way out there appears to be P availability but coming back would be up to a Z.
No HON miles certainly.

I try to avoid codeshares, they can be full of surprises.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by kpevav
I am flying from Vienna to Washington DC in a month on an economy ticket. I would like to buy a seat with more legroom and more space generally. The only advance options are in Row 16 and Row 19. Row 16 is right in front of the bathrooms, and so exit row 19 seems like the best bet. Anyone with experience on this flight or really any Austrian 767 Version 3?
row 19 seems the best. If you can, upgrade to premium eco. The price may not be much higher than the seat selection in row 19 if you are lucky.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:39 am

Yes, I would consider the Premium Economy, except that is not available until close to the flight date. I do not wish to risk having to fly in a regular economy seat with the lack of leg room.

I went ahead and bought an exit row, aisle seat.

Last edited by kpevav; May 22, 2018 at 4:27 am Reason: Update
Old May 26, 2018, 9:13 pm

LH Bargain Fares in Business - when available from U.S.?

I have earned M&M miles from the Barclays credit card.
Would like to use the miles to go in business from Seattle to Europe on Lufthansa.

In the past I saw many 55,000-mile R/T business class offers; right now there are only 30,000-mile economy R/T offers (for Sept 1-Oct 15).

Is it the case that the business 55,000-mile offers come up from time to time on a regular basis, and so I just need to wait a few months or so until they reappear?
Old May 27, 2018, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by muji

Is it the case that the business 55,000-mile offers come up from time to time on a regular basis, and so I just need to wait a few months or so until they reappear?
The mileage bargains are only offered when RM consider they won’t sell all the J seats, so no guarantee of any availability on a specific route
muji likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
I have moved from London to Frankfurt, so have recently switched from flying BA to flying LH as FRA is now my hub, and given how chaotic FRA T2 is regardless of BAEC level, I figured that flying LH from FRA T1 and doing it with FTL status would be a nicer way to start a journey.

I’ve been flying to LHR with Brussels and Swiss to quickly get the segment count towards that magic 30 (although funnily enough the LH segments don’t automatically show up in my MM account but the Brussels and Swiss ones do).

My employer is advertising some kind of three month Star Alliance Gold trial with United Airlines (its part of a Gold challenge I think), and I was wondering if would be possible to use the United Gold membership for fast track Security / priority boarding / lounge access, but have the segments credited against my Miles and More account? I’m not interested in the status miles, just the segments as my FRA-<>-LHR return runs are four segments and so the segment count will get me FTL faster than the status miles would.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mackle
I have moved from London to Frankfurt, so have recently switched from flying BA to flying LH as FRA is now my hub, and given how chaotic FRA T2 is regardless of BAEC level, I figured that flying LH from FRA T1 and doing it with FTL status would be a nicer way to start a journey.

I’ve been flying to LHR with Brussels and Swiss to quickly get the segment count towards that magic 30 (although funnily enough the LH segments don’t automatically show up in my MM account but the Brussels and Swiss ones do).

My employer is advertising some kind of three month Star Alliance Gold trial with United Airlines (its part of a Gold challenge I think), and I was wondering if would be possible to use the United Gold membership for fast track Security / priority boarding / lounge access, but have the segments credited against my Miles and More account? I’m not interested in the status miles, just the segments as my FRA-<>-LHR return runs are four segments and so the segment count will get me FTL faster than the status miles would.
The segments will go with the status miles - you can't separate them as you will need to credit to M&M in order to get them recognised.

As for your idea about using the UA *G but then crediting to M&M for the FFP, yes you can do that but I don't want to repeat all the details here, as there are several threads discussing this kind of thing already (take a look at a recent one on the SK forum for quite a detailed discussion). Suffice to say that you could check-in with UA/MP as the FFP on your reservation but then get it changed to LH/M&M once you go to the lounge. Or you could try showing a physical Gold card at the fast track barrier even if you have a non *G BP for a *A flight (I've done this several times at WAW, for instance). Technically, you don't need to have *G on your BP in order to get lounge access (see the *A T&Cs) but sometimes the lounge staff need reminding of this. Problems might be that lounge staff could alter the FFP to the one you have *G with when you show the Gold card (it happened to me a couple of times recently).
Old May 29, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Help please! A buddy has 320K LH miles from his previous travels that he somehow saved from expiring. He would like to use them for 4 economy tickets from PHX to either FRA or Rome/Spain/Japan this summer (flex June 20 to all of July). Is there a thread I can look up how he can save on taxes. Straight tickets on MnM will eat all his miles (which is OK) but also thousands in taxes. I had heard that UA, LOT etc don't have that much taxes when using MnM/LH miles. Any kind soul can help/guide please?
Old May 30, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
I'm a newbie as it relates to LH and the Miles & More program. I just booked a flight on Air Canada that includes an AC code share with LH (LH metal) on one segment. That segment is booked as a Y fare economy seat. I'd like to upgrade to business. The upgrade is only 10,000 points so it seems worth it for me (4.5h flight). Before I transfer points from SPG to M&M -- is there a way to find out if this upgrade is even available? The flight isn't until October so i'm really early in this request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.