Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 1:38 am

Of course. SN is a *A member and you will get *G benefits. Be careful with extra luggage if you purchased a seat-only fare.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Of course. SN is a *A member and you will get *G benefits. Be careful with extra luggage if you purchased a seat-only fare.
Thanks for that; for some reason I was thinking they are related to * Alliace only through Lufthansa rather than a full member. Good to know.
Yes, I bought a slightly more expensive Y ticket to get the luggage ( having been pre-warned by an SAS check-in agent recently that it is only a free checked bag for *Gold on SAS when flying hand luggage only fare....she specifically mentioned that I would not get it on Lufthansa and related airlines).
Old May 6, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Has anyone had any success in finding Award seats in C-class for PTY?
Old May 6, 2016, 12:27 pm

When crediting J class on TK to M&M, does LHR-IST count as a European flight, and therefore fixed mileage, or a non-European flight, and therefore actual distance based?
Old May 6, 2016, 2:58 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave_C
When crediting J class on TK to M&M, does LHR-IST count as a European flight, and therefore fixed mileage, or a non-European flight, and therefore actual distance based?
LHR-IST counts as a European flight.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Hello?

I see others' subsequent questions are being acknowledged, but mine isn't?

Originally Posted by jawnbc
I am booked on LH flight and at one point when I accessed the booking I was given a chance to bid for an upgrade. That option seems to be gone now. Is there any way to get it reinstated?
Old May 7, 2016, 8:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hello?

I see others' subsequent questions are being acknowledged, but mine isn't?

I am booked on LH flight and at one point when I accessed the booking I was given a chance to bid for an upgrade. That option seems to be gone now. Is there any way to get it reinstated?
It's possible your question hasn't been answered because no one knows the answer.

I don't have experience of bidding for an upgrade on longhaul flights but cash upgrade options on European shorthaul flights are only offered while upgrade space is available. It is possible the option to bid for an upgrade is no longer there since LH does not want bids for upgrades on the flight any more.

Are you not able to contact LH to find out?
Old May 7, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
I have a trip from ABZ>FRA>MLA with the ABZ>FRA leg in Business class (D), FRA>MLA booked under a Air Malta code, operated by LH in economy (L)

Will this give me lounge access in FRA? I'm assuming it'll just be in ABZ that I would be able to use the lounge.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:08 pm

No lounge in FRA in that case.
Old May 7, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Thanks. Thought that would be the case.
I'll go landside and use the Luxx lounge then, as I've a 5 hour wait.
Old May 7, 2016, 6:17 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Is there a master thread on LH compensation similar to this thread over in the UA forums? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post26590838

1) I got caught up in the strike late April and my SFO-MUC-ATH was cancelled and eventually rebooked by UA (ticketing carrier) as SFO-CPH-ATH on SK. I arrived around 14h late.

Do I have a claim for EU261 comp, or at the very least some goodwill compensation from LH? Also—will they cover my meal and hotel costs in CPH?
Old May 8, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: Miles and More
Are there any good promotions for award tickets? ( from EU, better from Vienna to North-America) I earned a few miles from Hotels offers and looking for flight to US or Canada in October and everything is too expensive.
If you have 60k miles, you have to pay more 350-450 euro for 1 award ticket.
If you buy from momondo, it will be 450-500 euro for a ticket and it is possible to find for 350 too. To be honest I do not see any benefits in miles. May be if you buy a ticket from momondo and then you can upgrade it on Business class.

Also tried to book a flight from VIE to BARCELONA and it costs 30k and 190 EURO!!!))) It is more expensive, than buy a ticket from anywhere else.

My question is > have I to wait for any offers from Miles and More for flights or it is always the same and prices and taxes are same and anytime you have to pay these 350 taxes for a flight to US from EUROPE? Are there anything cheap for a flight or not?
Because if you take a look on delta miles, if you flight in US, it costs only 8-10 euro per flight + miles. I call it a great deal. Does miles and more has the same offers in EUROPE? or somewhere else? How can I spend miles without paying a lot?

Thanks)
Old May 8, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
newmemberhere, it's very obvious you're a new member

Miles&More is pretty much useless for Economy class bookings because of ludicrous amounts of taxes they charge. Here is where I see it useful:

- booking 1-way awards in Eco (definitely cheaper than M or B fare most 1-ways book into)
- booking premium cabin awards
- upgrades.

Since there are certain award categories only available to M&M (high status) members, that's where it would be useful.

For discounted mileage offers, look at http://www.meilenschnaeppchen.com/index.php?lang=en. The list updates every few months (when current offers' booking period ends).
Old May 8, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by hdogan
newmemberhere, it's very obvious you're a new member

Miles&More is pretty much useless for Economy class bookings because of ludicrous amounts of taxes they charge. Here is where I see it useful:

- booking 1-way awards in Eco (definitely cheaper than M or B fare most 1-ways book into)
- booking premium cabin awards
- upgrades.

Since there are certain award categories only available to M&M (high status) members, that's where it would be useful.

For discounted mileage offers, look at http://www.meilenschnaeppchen.com/index.php?lang=en. The list updates every few months (when current offers' booking period ends).

Thank you. I understood that too late, earned 60k miles and saw that I can not do anything 'cheap'.

Now going to use booking.com with Aadvantage.
Old May 8, 2016, 1:23 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I am flying ewr-zrh-pek with 1h40m connection in zrh. Do I have enough time to not worry about the first flight being delayed and not making the second? Do I have enough time to stop by some lounges? Are the lounges in zrh worth it? I looked online and it seems that none of them (except F / senator) has a shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.