Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by imck
If I book a Swiss flight on Lufthansa's website, does LH's booking class apply or does LX's booking class apply? Both are the same (T), but LH and LX credit differently to OZ
Operating carrier is what matters in *A.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Has the points conversion from Marriott Bonvoy to M&M resumed or it is still on hold?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by criske
Hello, FT Flyers!

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this question, but I would like to know how can I reserve a seat in Business Class (P) on a LX flight booked on LH website.

I booked GRU - MUC - BCN / LIS - ZRH - GRU for February, with the first part of the travel on LH flights (LH 505 and LH 1812), being able to reserve the seats, and the return leg on LX 2085 and LX092, not being able to reserve a seat.

I logged on LX website with the booking code, but I also could not reserve the seats for the LX Flights.

Is there a way to reserve these seats in advance?

EDIT.: I am just plain M&M member, with no status (dark blue card)

Best regrads,

Criske
Sometimes even if you can select a seat on Swiss.com your choice does not stick. Call SWISS (try a number in Switzerland if you can) and they should be able to reserve a seat for you. Alternatively fill out a contact form under existing reservation.

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/customer...ng-reservation
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Sometimes even if you can select a seat on Swiss.com your choice does not stick. Call SWISS (try a number in Switzerland if you can) and they should be able to reserve a seat for you. Alternatively fill out a contact form under existing reservation.

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/customer...ng-reservation
Thank you, NewbieRunner!

Since this will be my first time flying Swiss, I am not used yet to their website. But this morning I was able to find where to reserve a seat at LX website. I could select the seats without any problem (I just got a little upset that I would have to pay aprox. € 180,00 to pick the “throne” seat, but no problem, I just took a normal window seat).

But I got this same feeling that maybe these seats I selected are not exactly confirmed, since there is this message on the website:

“You are entitled to the seat category you have selected (e.g. extra legroom or preferred zone), but not to the specific seat number you have chosen”.

This is even for business class? 😱😱

So I will call them or fill the contact form you suggested!

Best regards,

Criske
Old Jul 6, 2019, 9:39 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by criske

Thank you, NewbieRunner!

Since this will be my first time flying Swiss, I am not used yet to their website. But this morning I was able to find where to reserve a seat at LX website. I could select the seats without any problem (I just got a little upset that I would have to pay aprox. € 180,00 to pick the “throne” seat, but no problem, I just took a normal window seat).

But I got this same feeling that maybe these seats I selected are not exactly confirmed, since there is this message on the website:

“You are entitled to the seat category you have selected (e.g. extra legroom or preferred zone), but not to the specific seat number you have chosen”.

This is even for business class? 😱😱

So I will call them or fill the contact form you suggested!

Best regards,

Criske
The message you saw is just a disclaimer in case they have to move you to another seat but as far as I know it rarely happens unless you are in a bulkhead seat with a bassinet for example. I wouldn’t worry about the message but check that your seat selection is in place occasionally since their IT glitch seems to forget seat selections from time to time.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
The message you saw is just a disclaimer in case they have to move you to another seat but as far as I know it rarely happens unless you are in a bulkhead seat with a bassinet for example. I wouldn’t worry about the message but check that your seat selection is in place occasionally since their IT glitch seems to forget seat selections from time to time.
Then I think there will be no problem, I hope! For LX 092 (B777-300ER), I selected the 10A seat, so no bulkhead or bassinets.

I am just waiting to try the LX Business class, to compare with the same product from LH. 👍🏻👍🏻

Best regards,

Criske
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:47 am

Best extra legroom seating on A321

Will be taking my first LH flight soon, and will be on an A321 in Y class. I'd like to pay for an extra legroom seat. Seatmap shows that 10F, 11C, all of row 26 and 27D are open. From what I could find online, it looks like 10F is not just an exit row seat, but has a missing seat in front of it and no jumpseat so lots of extra legroom - is that right? Is there enough extra space in that row to make it easy to get into the aisle even when 10E is occupied (assuming the FA is out of the jumpseat at 10D)?

With respect to row 26, is the legroom almost as much as the left side of row 11 or is it only slightly more than a regular seat? And do 26A, 26F, and 27A all have a jumpseat in front, or do any of them have a lot of extra space due to an entirely missing seat in front?

Thanks for any info!

Yonatan
Old Jul 7, 2019, 11:28 pm

Quick question about baggage that I can't seem to get an answer for on the LUfthansa website nor my booking.

I have a business class flight into Munich from BKK (TG) connecting to an economy flight into LHR (LH) (one ticket)

What is the baggage allowance for the economy leg? is it the standard 23kgs or do I get the business class allowance?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yonatan
Will be taking my first LH flight soon, and will be on an A321 in Y class. I'd like to pay for an extra legroom seat. Seatmap shows that 10F, 11C, all of row 26 and 27D are open. From what I could find online, it looks like 10F is not just an exit row seat, but has a missing seat in front of it and no jumpseat so lots of extra legroom - is that right? Is there enough extra space in that row to make it easy to get into the aisle even when 10E is occupied (assuming the FA is out of the jumpseat at 10D)?

With respect to row 26, is the legroom almost as much as the left side of row 11 or is it only slightly more than a regular seat? And do 26A, 26F, and 27A all have a jumpseat in front, or do any of them have a lot of extra space due to an entirely missing seat in front?

Thanks for any info!

Yonatan
As you will see from LH’s seatmap there is more space in front of 11A,B,C than 10E. 10F has no seat in front of it and has more space than 10E. You can just about get out of 10F (and 9E) into the aisle when 10E is occupied.

Row 26 may not have as much space as row 11 but it is a proper exit row and has more space in front than what most people need. I usually choose 11A if I can because it’s closer to the front but bear in mind if the flight is Business-heavy and they have to move the curtains row 11 can become part of the “business cabin” and Economy pax in row 11 may be moved to row 26.

The only jump seats near the emergency exits are 10D and 26D.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baggyred
Quick question about baggage that I can't seem to get an answer for on the LUfthansa website nor my booking.

I have a business class flight into Munich from BKK (TG) connecting to an economy flight into LHR (LH) (one ticket)

What is the baggage allowance for the economy leg? is it the standard 23kgs or do I get the business class allowance?
If you are connecting in MUC your baggage can be checked through to LHR and you should get the business class allowance.
baggyred likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I am star gold and want to fly TXL-FRA. I am confused by the LH Economy Light baggage rules. On the booking page, it says Star Gold does not include free baggage. However, elsewhere on their website, it states "As a gesture of goodwill, for the time being HON Circle Members, Senators and Star Alliance Gold members can, however, take one piece of baggage up to 23 kg free of charge. This goodwill gesture applies exclusively at the airport check-in counter. When booking a piece of baggage e.g. online or at a travel agency, a baggage charge applies."
In searches, I have seen it both ways and seem to recall getting a free bag in the past (but it has been a while)
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:00 pm

If you are connecting in MUC your baggage can be checked through to LHR and you should get the business class allowance.
Thanks!

And yep - it is all one ticket connecting through.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
I am star gold and want to fly TXL-FRA. I am confused by the LH Economy Light baggage rules.
Goodwill is limited to long haul. If you need a bag, buy a classic fare, then you have two bags.

Or take the train
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: LH*S
I have a possible problem with my name in a booking.
I am flying Business class with Air China this December. I want to have the miles credited to my M&M account. Let's say that I am "John Porter" for M&M.
When I did the booking online, I was asked to spell exactly my family name as in my passport. As it is a china-transit thing and I can do without "making waves" in such a country, I wrote exactly as in my passport, say "Smith Porter". Then I was asked to input my FF data. I am FF in M&M and I typed my number.
But the booking did not show my M&M data. So, I wrote to Air china, and was told that the system refuses to accept the number, as the name does not match.

In short, for M&M I am "John Porter", but the booking is for "John Smith Porter".

Will I have problems when I try to credit the miles to my account during check in? And if so, will it work on a retroactive credit request on the M&M site?

Many thanks for your advice/comments in advance
Pedro
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: M&M
upgrades with miles/evoucher and earning award miles

Suppose I book a flight FRA>NYC>FRA in economy (Y) and upgrade to business using voucher or miles: do I still earn miles based on the original booking class or not?

This has probably been asked and answered, but I can't find an answer, so hoping I'm in the right place in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.