Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: EBG, OWS, HHG, IHGAmb
Originally Posted by chris63

LH won’t touch a UA ticket, try calling UA. It may be necessary to ask your TA to do that.

At checkin subject to availability LH would sell you a cash upgrade but they are usually expensive
Thank you, that was what I feared. I already contacted UA, they wont do anything due to the flights being operated by LH. And my TA could upgrade, but that would be by paying the fare difference plus a hefty fee.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Totopez
Thank you, that was what I feared. I already contacted UA, they wont do anything due to the flights being operated by LH. And my TA could upgrade, but that would be by paying the fare difference plus a hefty fee.
Hope you get a decent offer upon checkin at airport
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:41 pm

Gurus, first time traveling on OS75 VIE to PVG on a 772.
Any idea if those planes have wifi? Unlimited or per MB?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier , BA Silver, Miles and More Silver, Windham Rewards Diamond
Bonvoy convesion to Miles and More

Dear Sirs,

When will I be able again to convert Bonvoy poinys to Miles and More miles? This option has been suspended following an investigation, do you have any sight when this will be resolved?

Thank you
Regards
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ckn2
Gurus, first time traveling on OS75 VIE to PVG on a 772.
Any idea if those planes have wifi? Unlimited or per MB?
It looks like Austrian FlyNet (onboard wifi) is only available on short- and medium-haul Airbus fleet.

https://www.austrian.com/Info/Flying...rtainment.aspx
https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/austrian
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by BRUGUY
Dear Sirs,

When will I be able again to convert Bonvoy poinys to Miles and More miles? This option has been suspended following an investigation, do you have any sight when this will be resolved?

Thank you
Regards
Probably not before there is a decision in the court case mentioned in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...ent-miles.html (which can take some months).
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BRUGUY
Dear Sirs,

Thank you
Regards
You had better address this question to Miles & More but based on this thread I get the impression that the suspension is permanent.

Suspension of transfer of Bonvoy points to Miles & More
Old Jun 22, 2019, 7:51 am

Baggage question: Sorry if this is a repeat but could not find it.

Can one of the baggage pieces be a big sturdy cardboard box? If yes, do I need to wrap it with shrink plastic like they do on airports? And I'm assuming that the same size limits applicable for baggage can be applied to the box.

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Baggage question: Sorry if this is a repeat but could not find it.

Can one of the baggage pieces be a big sturdy cardboard box? If yes, do I need to wrap it with shrink plastic like they do on airports? And I'm assuming that the same size limits applicable for baggage can be applied to the box.

Thanks in advance
Same size limit, does not say anywhere it has to have handles.

Shrink wrap is not necessary, as long as the box is sturdy enough. It may get wet though, so shrink wrap around cardboard could be a good idea.

chris63 and Redhat72 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Same size limit, does not say anywhere it has to have handles.

Shrink wrap is not necessary, as long as the box is sturdy enough. It may get wet though, so shrink wrap around cardboard could be a good idea.
+ 1

Shrink wrap is wise for cardboard box, the way the baggage ‘handlers’ handle baggage
Redhat72 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Miles & More
Hello,
I am a frequent flyer on Miles & More (Silver status), and I am flying in Economy from Newark to Geneva with United. It is very unclear to me what is the Lounge policy for FF flying with United.

Usually, when I fly with Lufthansa or Swiss I have access to the Business Lounge. But it is unclear to me if I have access to the United lounge when I fly with United? And do I have access to a Swiss/Lufthansa lounge when flying with United?

Thank you for the clarifications!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jscivi
Hello,
I am a frequent flyer on Miles & More (Silver status), and I am flying in Economy from Newark to Geneva with United. It is very unclear to me what is the Lounge policy for FF flying with United.

Usually, when I fly with Lufthansa or Swiss I have access to the Business Lounge. But it is unclear to me if I have access to the United lounge when I fly with United? And do I have access to a Swiss/Lufthansa lounge when flying with United?

Thank you for the clarifications!
M&M Silver (FTL - Frequent Traveller) may access business lounges operated by LH, LX, OS and SN when departing on a Star Alliance carrier in economy. There is a LH Business Lounge in EWR to which you have access but I believe it is in a different terminal (B) from where your United flight departs and you will have to allow time to get to your gate. You don’t have access to a United Lounge. Check these threads for more info.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ounge-ewr.html
EWR Lounges
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Does anyone know what time the LH check in counter opens at IAH?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by plc44
Does anyone know what time the LH check in counter opens at IAH?
If not specifically stated on the Lufthansa website, it's 3 hours before the first scheduled Lufthansa Group departure at USA airports.
plc44 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:36 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I am not certain about the answer to a question regarding checking through bags from LH to SK. So I have decided to ask the infinite wisdom that is the FT LH Sub Forum.

I'll be flying HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN in LH First and then on a seperate ticket on SK ARN-ZRH (not booked yet).

Do you guys think it will be possible to check my bags through all the way to ZRH?

My own answer would be that this depends on the check in agent in HKG, but it should be possible.
The only worry I have is that the ticket from ARN to ZRH is on SK and potentially can't be seen from the LH side? (might help that the outbound ZRH-ARN flight is on LX so it shoud have an AMAdeus allocater amybe? I seriously have no idea here...)
I could also book the LX flight from ARN to ZRH, but that would reduce my connection tim in arn from 2:30 to only one hour, so if things go a little wrong I have no margin for error. So that's my dilema.

For the flight from ARN to ZRH I'd probably book Business on SK or Y on LX, obviously always the one with the bags included, so that shouldn't be an issue.

TLDR:
Is it certainly posisble to through check my bags all the way from HKG to ZRH even if the last leg is on a seperate SK ticket?

Do you think I should take the shorter connection time in ARN, but have the flight on LX instead (and therefore potentially rise the chances to be able to through check my bags)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.