EWR Lounges

Old Feb 11, 19, 6:46 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Morris Plains, NJ
Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Silver
Posts: 120
EWR Lounges

I am *G via UA and I have an international flight on UA at the end of the month. I like to eat before the flight so I can get right to sleep. Can I get into Terminal B to use the lounges? I know I will have to go back out and then take the train to C but if it is worth it I will. Do any of the *G eligible lounges have decent real food beyond what the UC has and would it worth heading over to B?
salisboss is offline  
Old Feb 11, 19, 9:11 am
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DCA or IAD (originally DUB)
Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Posts: 7,659
Access to LH Lounge at EWR and *Gold Lounge Hopping
UAPremExecflyer is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 7:35 am
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,187
I’d stay in terminal C and go to the United Polaris lounge, assuming that your UA international flight qualifies you (transatlantic, transpacific, or to Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janiero, San Paulo, or Santiago).
The food in the LH Senator lounge isn’t that great, IMO, and not worth the extra logistics.
GFrye is offline  
Old Feb 13, 19, 7:33 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: UA
Posts: 803
Originally Posted by salisboss View Post
I am *G via UA and I have an international flight on UA at the end of the month. I like to eat before the flight so I can get right to sleep. Can I get into Terminal B to use the lounges? I know I will have to go back out and then take the train to C but if it is worth it I will. Do any of the *G eligible lounges have decent real food beyond what the UC has and would it worth heading over to B?
LH and even SK has better food than UC, today there was an assortment of hot pastas that included protein and also beef stew, this is in addition to two soups and 3 types of sandwiches, 2 of which have meat. If you have 2 hours before your departure its worth it.

Originally Posted by GFrye View Post
I’d stay in terminal C and go to the United Polaris lounge, assuming that your UA international flight qualifies you (transatlantic, transpacific, or to Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janiero, San Paulo, or Santiago).


OP also needs to be in a premium cabin to get into Polaris.
thejaredhuang is offline  
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:05 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 29,647
I used Terminal B a few weeks ago and found the SEN lounge intolerably crowded. This was at 8 PM with the late MUC, ZRH and WAW flights still to go. Until the MUC flight left the lounge was standing room only. The food there is pretty good but it's not worth the trek from Terminal C in my opinion.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:19 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: AC E50K, AS MVP, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Delta/Marriott/SPG Plat, UA Gold
Posts: 2,232
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang View Post
If you have 2 hours before your departure its worth it.
I don't know. The food in LH lounge is great, but space is limited. The SK lounge has a larger footprint but mediocre food selections. Adding the fact one would have to reclear security from B back to C, and TSA pre lite at B (if you have to clear security there also), I would think twice.
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Mar 24, 19, 3:51 pm
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 1,187
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I used Terminal B a few weeks ago and found the SEN lounge intolerably crowded. This was at 8 PM with the late MUC, ZRH and WAW flights still to go. Until the MUC flight left the lounge was standing room only. The food there is pretty good but it's not worth the trek from Terminal C in my opinion.
I have found the business class lounge to be less crowded in the evening. Of course, the food quality is different from the senator lounge offerings.
GFrye is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread