Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:05 am

Do you actually need to go to ARN? Otherwise it might be safer to have a looooong layover in ZRH so you would get your bags short checked and not take the last segment.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:11 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Do you actually need to go to ARN? Otherwise it might be safer to have a looooong layover in ZRH so you would get your bags short checked and not take the last segment.
Well I would do that, but you see, the issue with that is that I'm actually not flying through ZRH, but HKG-FRA-MUC-ARN
It might prove difficult to short check the bags to ZRH on that routing

But yes, if I would fly through ZRH that's what I'd do. (as it wouldn't even be possible to check bags through the same airport more than once.)
malmostoso likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 4:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Any LH/OS/LX agent can add the additional segment to your booking in the checkin system and check your luggage thru to the final destination as long as LH/LX/OS interlines with them. Just show them the reservation details and they will tag thru. Your problem will be that you will probably checkin down town HKG at the airport rail station. That agent is dealing with many airlines. It may have to be that you need to checkin your luggage at the airport with an agent from LH to make it happen.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:16 am

Need help ! Booked award ticket, flying out tonight with family to DFW via FRA. Flight from BOM (LH 757) seems to have been cancelled due to BOM runway problem. Unable to reach LH customer service as their offices are closed. What are my options?

The Miles and More website also does not let me change the ticket. The site has issues.

Feel helpless. Any pointers?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Need help ! Booked award ticket, flying out tonight with family to DFW via FRA. Flight from BOM (LH 757) seems to have been cancelled due to BOM runway problem. Unable to reach LH customer service as their offices are closed. What are my options?

The Miles and More website also does not let me change the ticket. The site has issues.

Feel helpless. Any pointers?
You can call german service center number, which is open 24/7
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:30 am

Can you please post the number? I simply cannot get it on M&M site. It reroutes me to India number.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:21 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Can you please post the number? I simply cannot get it on M&M site. It reroutes me to India number.
This is the SEN line:

+49-69-86799666

Good luck!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:16 am

Hello,

I booked a CityLine CRJ9 flight to MUC, and bought 1 checked luggage option before informing myself about this question. Standard size rollaboard bag.
I'm wondering if LH offers the service of turning in the bag during the boarding, and picking up the bag upon landing in the jetbridge, like in US carriers?

It would be helpful because I have a short time to reach my connection in T1.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Alphazone
Hello,

I booked a CityLine CRJ9 flight to MUC, and bought 1 checked luggage option before informing myself about this question. Standard size rollaboard bag.
I'm wondering if LH offers the service of turning in the bag during the boarding, and picking up the bag upon landing in the jetbridge, like in US carriers?

It would be helpful because I have a short time to reach my connection in T1.
Yes, they do gate tags/delivery at aircraft on the CRJ. If you are sure it is too large for the bins then just go to the gate desk before boarding starts to ask for a label. They will put it on a cart at MUC & actually will start letting pax off the plane when all gate bags have been put on the cart.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by MichielR

Yes, they do gate tags/delivery at aircraft on the CRJ. If you are sure it is too large for the bins then just go to the gate desk before boarding starts to ask for a label. They will put it on a cart at MUC & actually will start letting pax off the plane when all gate bags have been put on the cart.
Happy to hear that.
Thank you.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I think I know the answer to my question but I want to be 100% certain:
When booking an LX flight operated by Helvetic I won't get HON miles, correct?

Thanks

Last edited by JohnRain; Jul 5, 2019 at 1:51 am
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:06 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I think I know the answer to my question but I want to be 100% certain:
When booking an LX flight operated by Helvetic I won't get HON miles, correct?

Thanks
Since the Helvetic flight will be flown under a LX flight number and not be a codeshare you‘ll get full LX benefits including HON miles.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by Nick Art

Since the Helvetic flight will be flown under a LX flight number and not be a codeshare you‘ll get full LX benefits including HON miles.
Very good to know, thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
How to reserve a seat on a LX flight booked on LH

Hello, FT Flyers!

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this question, but I would like to know how can I reserve a seat in Business Class (P) on a LX flight booked on LH website.

I booked GRU - MUC - BCN / LIS - ZRH - GRU for February, with the first part of the travel on LH flights (LH 505 and LH 1812), being able to reserve the seats, and the return leg on LX 2085 and LX092, not being able to reserve a seat.

I logged on LX website with the booking code, but I also could not reserve the seats for the LX Flights.

Is there a way to reserve these seats in advance?

EDIT.: I am just plain M&M member, with no status (dark blue card)

Best regrads,

Criske

Last edited by criske; Jul 5, 2019 at 4:57 pm
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Credit Lufthansa/Swiss miles

If I book a Swiss flight on Lufthansa's website, does LH's booking class apply or does LX's booking class apply? Both are the same (T), but LH and LX credit differently to OZ

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.