Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by toonmelis
Hello miles gurus

Yesterday I was suppose to fly my first time in LH first class but unfortunately the A380 had a mechanical (air-conditioning) and we had to turn back to the gate in Singapore and where giving a hotel. Today I called the service center and everything was fully-booked for today so I will end up flying home tomorrow ( 48 hours later then the original flight) and therefore will miss one day of work.

What do you guys think is a good compensation for this? Will still fly first class but just 48 hours later.
later. Paid 105.000 miles for this.

Greeting
You would get €600 which is the amount of EU261/2004 compensation for your situation. You should request this from LH as they won't pay you if you don't request. Also you are able to ask money for your expenses in SIN if they have not provided accommodation, food, transfers from/to the airport. Also provide information of any additional losses ( ex: non-refundable hotel in FRA, pre-booked train from FRA to your destination, etc... ) if you have, sometimes they also pay the expenses for something you weren't able to use due to the delay, however, they are not obliged to pay these expenses but it's worth adding them to your complaint.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by arlflyer
OK, so have to book a trip to Europe for work, sadly in economy for this go. Trying to choose between native UA flights, native LH flights, or codeshare permutations thereof. The pure LH option looks like it would book into T, so what I understand to be deep discount econ. Question then is what is my path of highest likelihood, if possible at all, to get out of the back into at least PE? D)
In descending order of certainty:
1. Book PE directly. Tell your travel agent to bill your company for fare T and charge your personal credit card the difference to PE.
2. Fixed upgrade, when available. LH site will tell you the price, you pay it and you are instantly upgraded.
3. Bid upgrade, when available. Input a bid and cross your fingers. You will get a Yes or a No eventually, but can never be sure when. If you get a No, you can’t submit another offer.
4. Ask if there is a cash upgrade available at the check-in counter or to the purser on board.

The fixed upgrade price, when available, can go up and down at any time. If you are ok with the amount displayed, go for it then & there, you can’t be sure it will get any better. From ten days to departure, I’ve seen the fixed upgrade price increase a bit, then a bit more, then suddenly a lot, then down again and then increase. Unpredictable rollercoaster.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Vixit
In descending order of certainty:...
Thanks! Much appreciated. Regarding the fixed upgrades, where available - are there known factors that would determine whether this is likely to be available?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:25 am

Thanks! Much appreciated. Regarding the fixed upgrades, where available - are there known factors that would determine whether this is likely to be available?
Don't book codeshares, those make everything difficult.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:39 am

Evidently also the seat availability in PE - look up the availabilty of revenue seats in PE, the fare categories being sold and seat maps.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Don't book codeshares, those make everything difficult.

Evidently also the seat availability in PE - look up the availabilty of revenue seats in PE, the fare categories being sold and seat maps.
Thanks all! Definitely avoided codeshares, for sure. Ended up being able to easily do your option #1 - booked Y and charged the PE differential to myself out of pocket. Only came out to a few hundred total, very reasonable. It isn't J or F, but I will take it.
Vixit likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:59 am

Thanks all! Definitely avoided codeshares, for sure. Ended up being able to easily do your option #1 - booked Y and charged the PE differential to myself out of pocket. Only came out to a few hundred total, very reasonable. It isn't J or F, but I will take it.
And Welcome to another space than AA/One World!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:42 am

And Welcome to another space than AA/One World!
[/left]
Indeed, I've had a number of very nice redemptions on *A courtesy of CC points transfers to UA, and enjoy flying UA domestically when possible. Being DCA-based, however, most things usually come back to AA for week-to-week business travel (not worth making the trek to IAD weekly to fly UA).
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Exec, Mand M
Hi all,
I’ve been trying to book LH assistance at Frankfurt airport. But call centres do not seem to be able to definitively book it. Is this typical or should I persist?
Thanks DH
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask for the 'LH Guide Service' that is the key word for them to look up: Lufthansa Guide Service
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
New situation for me, not really sure what to expect now I no longer have *A status:

Booked for last minute work travel BHX-FRA-WAW:
BHX-FRA operated by LH, LH flight number , Business Saver (P)
FRA-WAW operated by LOT, LH flight number, Business Saver (Y)

Got a note in the booking manager that my flight FRA-WAW will be in economy, however the business fare still applies.

What does this mean exactly? Do I have lounge access in FRA for the layover? Don’t really care about sitting in economy to be honest, but never had it that I’ve travelled in economy on a business ticket.

Also, how on earth do you reserve a seat on LOT?

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
New situation for me, not really sure what to expect now I no longer have *A status:

Booked for last minute work travel BHX-FRA-WAW:
BHX-FRA operated by LH, LH flight number , Business Saver (P)
FRA-WAW operated by LOT, LH flight number, Business Saver (Y)

Got a note in the booking manager that my flight FRA-WAW will be in economy, however the business fare still applies.

What does this mean exactly? Do I have lounge access in FRA for the layover? Don’t really care about sitting in economy to be honest, but never had it that I’ve travelled in economy on a business ticket.

Also, how on earth do you reserve a seat on LOT?

Thanks!
Something is wrong there, on business saver you should not be in Y, try to book your seat on LOT.com if you can & your in business all is ok & of course lounge access, otherwise call LH to ask what happened. No lounge access in FRA unless your onward BP is in J.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance
I'm flying from SIN-FRA in LH F @ 23:55 and would like to know how early can I check-in my luggage at the LH counter (I know it should only be something like 3h before the flight time, but is the counter open before that?)?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by milfweed20
I'm flying from SIN-FRA in LH F @ 23:55 and would like to know how early can I check-in my luggage at the LH counter (I know it should only be something like 3h before the flight time, but is the counter open before that?)?
LH & LX counters open at 15.00 for early checkin & bag drop @ Terminal 2

F pax have access to the SATS First Class checkin lounge, which is open all day however I would advise online checkin if you wanted to use this facility before 15.00.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I am 1K with UA and have a paid United ticket (016 stock) with one LH flight in Premium Economy. Ticketed as a UA codeshare flight on LH (MUC-ORD). Would like to know about upgrade that flight to biz. I have Miles & More miles but no status.

It appears I cannot use a UA GPU on code share. LH site says upgrade available 6 weeks out.
1. Can I use someone else (HON status) upgrades for confirmed seat?
2. What is the norm for buy up to biz 6 weeks out in $$$ and/or miles?
3. Any other options?

Tks- sorry if discussed elsewhere a link would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.