Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by oliver2002
United in Hawaii should be able to check your luggage all the way thru if you ask them nicely at checkin. Even on separate tickets. LH checkin in LAX opens at 11:15-30 am, the back office at 9:30 am.
If UA doesn't check you thru, take a day room somewhere near LAX and chill (Nobu Malibu?). The hotel will probably take of your luggage... ?
Thanks a lot for your reply, oliver2002. I called the LH F hotline and they told me that all luggage has to be checked at LAX (apparently it's TSA policy). This made me reconsider the whole situation and I'm now booked on HA's new F which is much nicer than UA F. I'll arrive early in the morning and will indeed take a day room at an airport hotel, before heading to the planespotter In-N-Out for lunch...
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:26 am

Hello - quick question on eVouchers (I have two that are expiring at the end of the year): can they be used on ANY fare class?

e.g. any Economy ticket can be upgraded from Economy to Business? or any Business ticket from Business to First (Using two eVouchers for both)?

Just asking because to use instruments on other airlines like United, you always need to purchase a fare class that is typically more expensive than the cheapest

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nygiants242
Hello - quick question on eVouchers (I have two that are expiring at the end of the year): can they be used on ANY fare class?

e.g. any Economy ticket can be upgraded from Economy to Business? or any Business ticket from Business to First (Using two eVouchers for both)?

Just asking because to use instruments on other airlines like United, you always need to purchase a fare class that is typically more expensive than the cheapest

Thanks!
There used to be a section in Miles & More T&C where booking classes which could not be upgraded with miles or eVouchers were listed. Unfortunately they seem to have replaced it with a fancy page where you can look up which booking classes may be upgraded for how many miles for different destinations.
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Generally speaking discounted booking classes cannot be upgraded. One thing you may like to know (until they decide to enhance it away) is you can upgrade any Business booking class with two eVouchers to F on LX, but only C,D,J on LH, assuming of course award space is available. Personally I think the best use of eVouchers is to upgrade from LX Business to First for two eVouchers and to upgrade LH Premium Economy E or G (N is not upgradable) to Business for one eVoucher per segment.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
Can you change "My Offer"?

Lufthansa seems to indicate you can log in and change or cancel the offer at any time prior to 72 hours. Many claim once you make the offer you can not change it. Anyone know for sure?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by oskidunker
Lufthansa seems to indicate you can log in and change or cancel the offer at any time prior to 72 hours. Many claim once you make the offer you can not change it. Anyone know for sure?
I cancelled a "MyOffer" offer online a few weeks ago (very much prior to 72 hours, by about 60 days).
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: United Silver
Three newbie questions

Booked using United Miles a trip to Hong Kong. Routing is as follows...

IAD to BRU on United with 3:15 layover in I class
BRU on OS to VIE with 1:40 layover in I class
VIE to Hong Kong in I class on OS.

Questions...

1. Do the layover times look ok?
2. Do you think baggage will be checked through to HKG
3. When will I be able to select seats on the OS flights. I have the IS confirmation number but can't seem to figure out if it can be done on the Austrian website. FYI trip is late November.

Thank you for any insight..

David
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by David10225
1. Do the layover times look ok?
2. Do you think baggage will be checked through to HKG
3. When will I be able to select seats on the OS flights. I have the IS confirmation number but can't seem to figure out if it can be done on the Austrian website. FYI trip is late November
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Just call OS with the OS record locator (UA can give it to you)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold
Amenity kits

Hi all.

I flew a LH leg in O (sel - muc) earlier this year, and was disappointed that they didn't have the Rimowa amenity kits.
The brand I already forgot, as it was an ugly coloured leather pouch. My miss kept both, but they got stashed away somewhere in a deep drawer.

Does anybody know if they're back to Rimowa? Planning a trip next month - it's not essential, but would be nice to know if I would be disappointed again.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by magnus.ant
Hi all.

I flew a LH leg in O (sel - muc) earlier this year, and was disappointed that they didn't have the Rimowa amenity kits.
The brand I already forgot, as it was an ugly coloured leather pouch. My miss kept both, but they got stashed away somewhere in a deep drawer.

Does anybody know if they're back to Rimowa? Planning a trip next month - it's not essential, but would be nice to know if I would be disappointed again.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, magnus.ant!

They usually have Rimowa kits during the winter months. Not sure if they will be back this year but check this thread for more info.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...rs-merged.html
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:39 am

APIS data

Hi,
i have booked a mileage bargain yesterday from Vienna to Washinton on Austrian. I wanted to add my APIS data now, but when i save, i always get the message "Es wurde mehrmals dieselbe Vielflieger-Nummer eingegeben" (The same frequent flier number was used multiple times). The hotline unfortunately didn't know an answer, they said my booking looks totally fine, and the M&M number which is in the booking is also the correct one.
Of course i will try again a few times, maybe it's only a temporary issue, my primary question would be, what the time cutoff for the APIS data is. Is it in the worst case still okay to provide them at the airport, if i can't do it online? Or are they required a certain amount of time before the flight?

Kind regards
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
APIS can wait till the airport. The important part is the SFPD (full name and date of birth), without which OS/LH doesn't even issue the ticket. The DHS requires the airlines to upload the APIS data before the aircraft door closes.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: LH SEN
Lounge access clarification

Last week I was in Phnom Penh airport. According to www.staralliance.com there is a contracted lounge (Plaza Premium) that however denies access to LH *G; access only to ANA or TG ticket holders.

In some very old FT postings (2008) there once was a TG lounge. From M&M lounge finder, Phnom Penh is not even present in the possible selections.

As a curiosity, which is the most trustworthy lounge finder
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:57 pm

I don't understand your question.

What kind of flight did you had? LH doesn't fly from PNH.

Were you flying Thai, ANA or Eva? They're the only three *A carriers flying from there. They should have provided you with something like a "guest pass" for the lounge, when you checked in with your *G card.

But your question is wrong in this subforum..
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Personally I think the best use of eVouchers is to upgrade from LX Business to First for two eVouchers and to upgrade LH Premium Economy E or G (N is not upgradable) to Business for one eVoucher per segment.
Concur.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Quick question about orphan Brussels Airlines, if I may. As part of my grand tour of Europe next month I bought a BIO-BRU-FRA ticket (this is is Flyertalk, after all). During the purchasing process I must have missed the seating choice page. It appears you cannot choose a seat retroactively. They say I can either phone Brussels or contact them via Twitter or Facebook - amazingly I think I am the only person who uses neither so they are not options. Calling Brussels seems a little extreme from NZ simply to choose a seat. Is there any other way or am I missing something? I am NZ Gold Elite - if that makes any difference.
Thanks from Horowhenua.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.