Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Fuming a bit at Lufthansa moving my flight by about 5-10 minutes twice, then going ahead and refunding it because I asked for it. I have not asked for it, but just didn't react and might have happened is Lufthansa somehow detecting a click on the ask for refund button while I was scrolling their ill-formatted email in my Gmail app. The agent on the phone was most unhelpful, saying there's nothing she can do and that the refund for just the taxes was processed.

Do I have any recourse? What pains me is getting a partial refund for a flight I actually wanted to take.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The button click would have taken you to a website where you have to click a second time.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The button click would have taken you to a website where you have to click a second time.
Thank you! I definitely did not click a second button so we got into a situation of he said she said. Is there anything I can do in this case?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You call them and ask to open a ticket why the trip was refunded as you didn't initiate the refund.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Mileage Plus on Austrian and Lufthansa

This year I will be flying Austrian while I'm in Europe.

I went to set up an Austrian account as I'm buying the tickets direct from them (KBP to VIE) and tried to put my Mileage Plus number in, and it won't take it. It says:
profileFqtvProgramForm.cardNumber.error.pattern

Am I doing something wrong, or is their system buggy?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Annerk
This year I will be flying Austrian while I'm in Europe.

I went to set up an Austrian account as I'm buying the tickets direct from them (KBP to VIE) and tried to put my Mileage Plus number in, and it won't take it. It says:
profileFqtvProgramForm.cardNumber.error.pattern

Am I doing something wrong, or is their system buggy?
IMO, there is no advantage of creating an Austrian account if you are not going to credit your miles to Miles&More.
As you're going to credit your miles to MileagePlus, my suggestion would be not to create an Austrian account.
Annerk likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Call in and get them to put the number in, or just do it at the airport.
Annerk likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
IMO, there is no advantage of creating an Austrian account if you are not going to credit your miles to Miles&More.
As you're going to credit your miles to MileagePlus, my suggestion would be not to create an Austrian account.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Call in and get them to put the number in, or just do it at the airport.
I think I will have them add it at the airport. Can I also do this with Lufthansa and Egyptair? (We have a wonky itinerary that takes us to Germany, Ukraine, Austria, and Egypt.)
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes, on airport or online checkin if applicable
Annerk likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:43 pm

Sorry, a couple of questions from me. We are flying MAN-MUC then MUC-ATH with a 45 minute gap at MUC in Lufthansa business. I have a UK passport and my partner is French.
1. Hopefully all goes well with the transfer but does anyone know how easy is it to do a non schengen to schengen transfer at MUC?
2. Is there a lounge we could use at MAN?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tc69
Sorry, a couple of questions from me. We are flying MAN-MUC then MUC-ATH with a 45 minute gap at MUC in Lufthansa business. I have a UK passport and my partner is French.
1. Hopefully all goes well with the transfer but does anyone know how easy is it to do a non schengen to schengen transfer at MUC?
2. Is there a lounge we could use at MAN?
1. It's very easy to transfer at MUC these days. 45 minutes would be enough but might be tough.
If you are officially married, you would also be able to use the EU citizen lanes at passport control as you would be a partner of an EU citizen which would fasten the process. If not, you would need to wait in the non-EU line which shouldn't be crowded as MUC doesn't have that much N/S arrivals these days but you might just make it at final call for your ATH flight. If you miss the flight because of a delay, LH would rebook you on the next A3/LH flight to ATH without any extra charge.
2. Unfortunately no according to the LH website, LH doesn't contract any lounge at Manchester at this time.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: M&M FTL
AVIS not a M&M partner anymore?

in the MOBILITY offers in the M&M website I can only see one offer for the Avis Prestige line, and for Avis vans.
just last month I successfully rented via M&M for an AVIS car and a promo.
also looking at the "retroactive credit" in the dropdown menu there is no mention of AVIS, but it's weird becaus in the search bar you can read "e.g. AVIS"
I'm wondering if Avis is being phased out as a M&M partner?
any ideas?

Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Hi,

Hope someone can answer these questions.

Are LH lounges open in FRA?

And does a Business Class ticket get you access without LH status?It did in MUC a couple of years ago so I presume the same applies to FRA.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alserire
Hi,

Hope someone can answer these questions.

Are LH lounges open in FRA?

And does a Business Class ticket get you access without LH status?It did in MUC a couple of years ago so I presume the same applies to FRA.

Thanks in advance
Yes and yes.
A LH Business Class ticket would grant you to the LH Business Lounge's in FRA even if you don't have status.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes and yes.
A LH Business Class ticket would grant you to the LH Business Lounge's in FRA even if you don't have status.
Many thanks.

Much appreciated. I've a long layover in FRA next month and LH not my usual carrier so just wondering. Thanks again
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.