Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey,

I am looking to book a mixture of OS/LH from VIE to KTW, and back with LOT, but I can't seem to get the LOT return flight to even show up on LH or OS websites...in fact I don't see any LOT flights on the LH/OS websites. Is this normal? I thought they would show LOT options too.

Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
I booked 3 tickets WAW-ZRH in economy classic. In the "Your booking information" section on the Swiss website I see 1 carry on and 1 checked bag for each passenger. I have *G status via TK. Will I get an extra check-in bag?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:38 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by westi2002
I booked 3 tickets WAW-ZRH in economy classic. In the "Your booking information" section on the Swiss website I see 1 carry on and 1 checked bag for each passenger. I have *G status via TK. Will I get an extra check-in bag?
Yes.
westi2002 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:07 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CJ99
Hello,

Im trying to book the family from ORD to France in Y using UA miles and one of the only options starts with LH433, a 2230 departure out of Chicago. Is there any chance that LH serves the light meal first and the main meal before the 1410 landing in Frankfurt? I imagine many people will be like my children and will want to sleep immediately after take-off.

Thanks,

CJ
If you look at the online menus for business, they serve the main meal first and breakfast upon landing. I would imaging the same is happing in Y. I was originally on this flight in March until it was cancelled.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:30 am

Hi All,

Have an award ticket coming up next week. ORD BRU EDI and back. Booked through UA with UA miles. BRU EDI BRU on Brussels metal.

My question is regarding the document check for the SN operated EDI BRU leg. In the UA app I have a green "travel ready" checkmark for the entire outbound trip and then BRU ORD leg. It seems to not give me a way to approve my passport for EDI BRU. I don't see a way in the Brussels app to enter passport information.

Is there anyway I can proactively fix this? Or just plan on checking in at the counter day of EDI BRU?

Thank you!
Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by purdue1015
Hi All,

Have an award ticket coming up next week. ORD BRU EDI and back. Booked through UA with UA miles. BRU EDI BRU on Brussels metal.

My question is regarding the document check for the SN operated EDI BRU leg. In the UA app I have a green "travel ready" checkmark for the entire outbound trip and then BRU ORD leg. It seems to not give me a way to approve my passport for EDI BRU. I don't see a way in the Brussels app to enter passport information.

Is there anyway I can proactively fix this? Or just plan on checking in at the counter day of EDI BRU?

Thank you!
Call UA and ask for the SN Record Locater (PNR) - you used to be able to get this in My Trips on UA.com, but it seems to have disappeared again. Then go to the SN website (or better yet, their smartphone app), and go to "Plan and Manage" > Retrieve Booking > Lookup Single Itinerary. Enter your data, then when the reservation comes up, click "Edit Booking" and there is an option to "Enter Entry Data".

In the SN App, you have to pull up the reservation, click on one of the legs, then you get an option to "Manage my Booking". Scroll down to "Passengers" and open the details, then select "Modify" and you can enter your Passport information there.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:15 am

I'm flying LHR - AKL return on a LX booking, going out in First and returning in Business. Cannot see which class the tickets are on the Swiss website. Booked via Booking.com (via GoToGate).

The first leg of the return, AKL - SFO with United was cancelled. Called LX First Services and they rebooked (a few hours later by email without me confirming) on a later Air NZ flight the same day.
Leaves 1h 40m layover in SFO before catching the next leg, SFO - FRA with LH.

Concerned this is not enough time as the NZ AKL - SFO appears delayed often.
Also, NZ business class seems way inferior to UA Polaris which I was looking forward to.

Any suggestions/comments?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MarcF
I'm flying LHR - AKL return on a LX booking, going out in First and returning in Business. Cannot see which class the tickets are on the Swiss website. Booked via Booking.com (via GoToGate).

The first leg of the return, AKL - SFO with United was cancelled. Called LX First Services and they rebooked (a few hours later by email without me confirming) on a later Air NZ flight the same day.
Leaves 1h 40m layover in SFO before catching the next leg, SFO - FRA with LH.

Concerned this is not enough time as the NZ AKL - SFO appears delayed often.
Also, NZ business class seems way inferior to UA Polaris which I was looking forward to.

Any suggestions/comments?
Research some alternatives that suit you better, then ring them back.

1h40m is not much time at SFO given you have to go through immigration and would be a great justification to requesting another rebooking.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by tods27
Call UA and ask for the SN Record Locater (PNR) - you used to be able to get this in My Trips on UA.com, but it seems to have disappeared again. Then go to the SN website (or better yet, their smartphone app), and go to "Plan and Manage" > Retrieve Booking > Lookup Single Itinerary. Enter your data, then when the reservation comes up, click "Edit Booking" and there is an option to "Enter Entry Data".

In the SN App, you have to pull up the reservation, click on one of the legs, then you get an option to "Manage my Booking". Scroll down to "Passengers" and open the details, then select "Modify" and you can enter your Passport information there.
This worked perfectly, thank you so much! Does not appear to have (yet?) crossed over into UA Travel Ready Center...but hey, maybe we can at least get SN BP for EDI BRU. Thanks again for your help!
Old Jan 12, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Quick basic question, if as a Star Gold, I book a Basic Economy with two other passengers. intra-Europe, would the other passengers get a free bag or just me as the gold? I assume early boarding my status would pass on to them if on the same PNR?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:02 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Quick basic question, if as a Star Gold, I book a Basic Economy with two other passengers. intra-Europe, would the other passengers get a free bag or just me as the gold? I assume early boarding my status would pass on to them if on the same PNR?
No. Every passenger has their own Frequent Flyer number attached. Don't forget, your single PNR will result in multiple tickets. Also, there's no Basic Economy - intra-Europe Economy light doesn't give you ANY bags, even with Star Gold. Economy Classic gives you (and just you) one additional bag to your 1 bag allowance, so 2 in total.
chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:18 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
If I purchase an eco flex ticket, it says you can take earlier flights the same day if available. How does that work? Do you do it via the app? Or is it via a desk agent etc?
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MasterGberry
If I purchase an eco flex ticket, it says you can take earlier flights the same day if available. How does that work? Do you do it via the app? Or is it via a desk agent etc?
You should be able to do it in the app & at the desk
MasterGberry likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 2:34 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Hi guys, I have FFP status in a different airline/alliance but I have recently taken a flight with Ethiopian which gave me about 23000 miles and I credited it to the Miles & More at Lufthansa. Could you please give me some advice how to spend those miles on some economy award flight within Europe? Is there even deal like that? I would like to take my wife with me (she has no miles at M&M) but I guess the 23k miles won't be enough for that :/

I am based in PRG.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Economy awards within Europe are generally very bad value. The fees are as much as you could get a ticket for otherwise.

for 23k you can't do much even within Europe anyway. The only value I have been able to extract anywhere near that number was a one-way business class award within Europe at 25K, but that was quite specific circumstances. Consider whether that might make sense to you any time soon maybe.

Otherwise I am afraid reasonable redemptions start at around 60-80k for one.
casey89 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.