Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: mileage plus
Has anyone had any luck with bidding for upgrades on lufthansa? I am flying FRA to IAD and was wondering if there are any tricks or secrets to picking the right bid. I've done all the prep work like checking capacity for that class of service and the fare difference. Any advice is appreciated.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 6:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...de-pe-c-f.html
Old Dec 11, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Platinum
I recently upgraded from PE to C using United Miles from JNB to FRA on LH. When I look at my booking on the LH site it says(via the icons) Economy check in and No Lounge access. I assumed with the upgrade I would get both. Is this a website in error or do I actually not get these two key benefits?
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
The website is in error. You get full C benefits.
kd2330 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Platinum
Thanks!! First time long haul in business so I just wanted to set my expectations.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Question about the best business class lounges in Munich when arriving from a long haul non Schengen flight connecting to a Schengen flight.
All flights on Lufthansa business class, no other Star Alliance status.

Which would be the best lounge to use in Munich (food, seating, showers). We will be travelling with a baby too.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No refund for volontary changes-

If you are based in MUC or FRA you could book a LH surprise and upgrade it with Myoffer: https://www.lufthansa-surprise.com/#opq_retrieve
Thank you for the advice. One never knows what secrets the program holds. A related question: what happens if I change my mileage account from United to LH before a flight on United? Will I lose my economy plus seat assignment (I have gold on United) or it should be fine?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:01 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kvota
what happens if I change my mileage account from United to LH before a flight on United? Will I lose my economy plus seat assignment (I have gold on United) or it should be fine?
You will be fine. Just change it at the airport as they print your boarding pas.
kvota likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by AAtticus
Question about the best business class lounges in Munich when arriving from a long haul non Schengen flight connecting to a Schengen flight.
All flights on Lufthansa business class, no other Star Alliance status.

Which would be the best lounge to use in Munich (food, seating, showers). We will be travelling with a baby too.
Depends on how much time you have and where you arrive from....?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Depends on how much time you have and where you arrive from....?
Arriving from Singapore around 6am, connecting to a EU Schengen flight around 3 hours later.
In most airports non-Schengen / sattelite lounges are nicer and better and depending on the time of day quiter, not sure if that's the case in MUC and if we can even access these?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:05 am

Is there a reliable way of checking whether an LH reservation is in order? Logging in the website says that 6/6 flights are cancelled, so I called and they are most definitely not. Is the app any better?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by AAtticus
Arriving from Singapore around 6am, connecting to a EU Schengen flight around 3 hours later.
In most airports non-Schengen / sattelite lounges are nicer and better and depending on the time of day quiter, not sure if that's the case in MUC and if we can even access these?
If you are arriving on SQ you will deplane directly into H (T2 main building). If on LH then L (T2 sat). The L lounge is a bit nicer than in H or G. Your EU flight might be in K (also in the sat). The lounge there is equally nice. The business lounge in G is spacious and decent enough.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: Skywards
Hi, maybe someone can help?

Booked flexy economy with Singapore airlines (Australia-Germany-return) and one flight segment is with Lufthansa (Fra-Sin). Since its flex economy I have free seat selection on all the SQ segments. Tried to select the seat for the Lufthansa segment (Fra-Sin) on LH app (on SQ app all greyed out) and they charge 59AUD. Shouldn't seat selection be free if booked flex economy? I am also KrisFlyer gold (star alliance gold) if this means something.

Did I miss something? Is there a trick or is this simply as it is?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:12 pm

Booked SFO-MUC-FCO in business. I am excited. I've never flown LH, never been to the Munich airport, never flown on an A-350. I have about a 4 hour layover in Munich on Christmas day. Hopefully the lounges will be open.

Is there anything I should know about this trip, about the airport, or any threads I should read? Thanks, and have a great December,
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Booked SFO-MUC-FCO in business. I am excited. I've never flown LH, never been to the Munich airport, never flown on an A-350. I have about a 4 hour layover in Munich on Christmas day. Hopefully the lounges will be open.

Is there anything I should know about this trip, about the airport, or any threads I should read? Thanks, and have a great December,
Yes, the lounges will be open, you can use the LH business lounge, if you are *G the Senator lounge.

MUC is very easy for connections you just need immigration to enter schengen & follow the signs, lots of information in this forum for connecting in MUC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.