Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:31 am

Which Business Seats to select

First time flying Business class internationally. BOS-FRA on Lufthansa. Aircraft is A340-300. This being an overnight flight, my thought was to choose seats for myself and my husband in the center section so we could access the aisle without disturbing the other. However I read somewhere that the legroom in the center seats when reclined is narrower than the other Business seats and not as comfortable. We are both tall so this is a consideration - if it is in fact the case. Checking with the experts here for advice. Thanks so much for your help.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pegoode
First time flying Business class internationally. BOS-FRA on Lufthansa. Aircraft is A340-300. This being an overnight flight, my thought was to choose seats for myself and my husband in the center section so we could access the aisle without disturbing the other. However I read somewhere that the legroom in the center seats when reclined is narrower than the other Business seats and not as comfortable. We are both tall so this is a consideration - if it is in fact the case. Checking with the experts here for advice. Thanks so much for your help.
LH/OS Seating Thread - It hasn't been updated very recently, but then again, neither has the A340-300
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:13 am

Question Lufthansa status miles not correctly posted for United PQP - still trying to fix

Hi,
I researched LH flight status miles earning prior to booking, confirmed with Lufthansa. Took about 7 days to see the credit & by that time, year end passed.
>Flew FRA - CPH, CPH - FRA, FRA - MUC. Per Lufthansa, 3500 status miles (1250, 1000, 1250) for Z Business class. 3500 / 5 is 700 United PQP.
>United's responses were that they cannot correct this. Tried Lufthansa by phone more than once. Either got disconnected or told to fill out online form.
1. Does anyone have recent experience with LH Flight status miles being credited to United?
2. How best to get this corrected as I've tried many times
thank you!
J
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You seem to be confusing what LH awards flyers in their own frequent flyer programme (Miles & More) vs. what UA awards in MileagePlus for flying on LH. LH has absolutely nothing to do with how UA credits your flights to MileagePlus.

As per https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...lufthansa.html, you're entitled to 150% of actual flown mileage in Z class on LH. For your itinerary, that means 1030 actual flown miles = 1545 award miles = 310 PQPs.
tods27 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
I have a DTW-ORD on United in economy and then a separate ticket for ORD-MUC flight in business class later that day. Will I be able to enter the Lufthansa Senator/Biz lounge at DTW before my United flight?

I am also gold with United as well.
United Gold can use the Lufthansa lounge in DTW, (*G and same day *A flight). The united crowd loves it: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...unges-dtw.html
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
I have an upcoming one-segment itinerary on LH that I'm coordinating to meet up with family on the same flight. However, I want to have a back-up itinerary on BA as I need to be at the destination by a specific time/date. The LH flight is fully refundable; will I have any issues if I attempt to cancel after checking in? It appears that I can't do that online <24 hours before the flight, but could I do it at the airport and/or via phone after going through security with my BA boarding pass? (Thanks in advance)
Old Feb 10, 2023, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by davakkar
I have an upcoming one-segment itinerary on LH that I'm coordinating to meet up with family on the same flight. However, I want to have a back-up itinerary on BA as I need to be at the destination by a specific time/date. The LH flight is fully refundable; will I have any issues if I attempt to cancel after checking in? It appears that I can't do that online <24 hours before the flight, but could I do it at the airport and/or via phone after going through security with my BA boarding pass? (Thanks in advance)
If it’s fully refundable you can cancel until the flight closes but you have to be able to do it, why checkin if your going to use a BA BP to get airside ?
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:17 am

Hello all! I had a booking from CAI-MUC-SFO that shifted to CAI-FRA-SFO due to a "schedule adjustment" per the email they sent me. Anyways, I will be in economy and I had purchased an extra legroom seat (on the MUC-SFO leg) since it's important for me for that length of a flight. When I went to manage my booking, they hadn't reassigned me to a new extra legroom seat on the newly adjusted FRA-SFO leg, and they hadn't refunded my seat selection fee. I have called in several times and been told varying things, but the last rep was firm in that: 1) she cannot assign me to an extra legroom seat because the system won't let her, and 2) she cannot refund my seat selection fee. She said my only option is to purchase another extra legroom seat on this FRA-SFO leg (which is now running $130 instead of the $70 I had paid) and ask for a refund of the first fee only after the date of the flight. It all seems so preposterous to me. I was wondering if Lufthansa customer service managers are generally more adept at fixing things? Would it be worth it to spend another hour on the phone (with a manager this time) trying to get them to assign me to a seat I've already paid for, or should I just re-book the seat I want at a higher price and fight for a refund later? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by chris63
If it’s fully refundable you can cancel until the flight closes but you have to be able to do it, why checkin if your going to use a BA BP to get airside ?
Thanks for your help! I thought that might be the case.

The BA flight leaves later than my preferred LH flight, so if there are issues with the BA departure, I want to have the backup plan. If I don't check in by the cut-off, I'm worried LH will cancel the backup flight.

It's a complex situation (by my own doing), but it's a worthwhile effort for an insurance policy.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by davakkar
Thanks for your help! I thought that might be the case.

The BA flight leaves later than my preferred LH flight, so if there are issues with the BA departure, I want to have the backup plan. If I don't check in by the cut-off, I'm worried LH will cancel the backup flight.

It's a complex situation (by my own doing), but it's a worthwhile effort for an insurance policy.
Yes, LH would cancel you if you fail to checkin before the flight closes.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Sydfly
how can I make a mixed class group booking for 2 passengers?
A question asked in this thread back in 2016... Do i get it right that to get the NDC booking with mixed class i have to call? ITA Powertools bookings go via GDS and not only have GDS fees but also higher fares...
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CalMaple
Hello all! I had a booking from CAI-MUC-SFO that shifted to CAI-FRA-SFO due to a "schedule adjustment" per the email they sent me. Anyways, I will be in economy and I had purchased an extra legroom seat (on the MUC-SFO leg) since it's important for me for that length of a flight. When I went to manage my booking, they hadn't reassigned me to a new extra legroom seat on the newly adjusted FRA-SFO leg, and they hadn't refunded my seat selection fee. I have called in several times and been told varying things, but the last rep was firm in that: 1) she cannot assign me to an extra legroom seat because the system won't let her, and 2) she cannot refund my seat selection fee. She said my only option is to purchase another extra legroom seat on this FRA-SFO leg (which is now running $130 instead of the $70 I had paid) and ask for a refund of the first fee only after the date of the flight. It all seems so preposterous to me. I was wondering if Lufthansa customer service managers are generally more adept at fixing things? Would it be worth it to spend another hour on the phone (with a manager this time) trying to get them to assign me to a seat I've already paid for, or should I just re-book the seat I want at a higher price and fight for a refund later? Thanks in advance for any advice.
I would try to arrange it before the flight. Afterwards CS is not interested anymore in helping/paying you. I waited 6 months for compensation for delated flights and still waiting for 8 months now for compensation for delayed luggage.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:56 pm

Hi all,

My SN flight JFK-BRU was cancelled last minute and I was rebooked to tomorrow’s flight. This means an extra night in NYC and a few extra meals and I was wondering if SN would reimburse this? Also, what amount is reasonable for a hotel and meals? NYC isn’t exactly the cheapest location. :-)
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
Hi all,

My SN flight JFK-BRU was cancelled last minute and I was rebooked to tomorrow’s flight. This means an extra night in NYC and a few extra meals and I was wondering if SN would reimburse this? Also, what amount is reasonable for a hotel and meals? NYC isn’t exactly the cheapest location. :-)
I have seen 200€ mentioned but it was some years ago.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:33 am

Programs: LH SEN
Three questions:

1) LAS - FRA flight LH4353 is operated by EW Discover that uses Yute Air Alaska. I know this is the physical airplane they use from Yute, but my airplane booking company has them as an "operating flight" for this leg. Miles and More status miles should be earned for this, right?

2) When booking a LX flight operated by Edelweiss (in their 8000) range (ZRH-LAS), I am 99.99% sure that this earns Miles and More as well, but I just wanted to doublecheck my 0.01% doubt because of this:
"
You receive your award miles, as well as status miles, HON Circle miles and Executive Bonus, on selected LX code-share flights in the range LX8000-LX8499 (operated by Edelweiss), as long as these flights were booked directly with SWISS under the LX flight number. " So I am not booking directly with SWISS, I am using the company I usually buy all tickets from, but in their ticket specs it says it is a Swiss flight operated by Edelweiss and it has LH8003 flight number.

3) Upgrading to Austrian Airlines business class "throne seat" can be done via Senator hotline and/or email to Austrian?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.