Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:14 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by malmostoso
LX A321 tonight with the curtain behind row 17. Not too impressed with being moved from 12C (emergency exit) to 26C.

What would happen if a HON or a SEN was it that exit row seat and the curtain was moved, would they be moved?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Andy49

What would happen if a HON or a SEN was it that exit row seat and the curtain was moved, would they be moved?
No mercy when traveling Y.
Andy49 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:31 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by malmostoso
No mercy when traveling Y.
Happens to me about a dozen times per year. I have had cases where C was completely empty, yet they pushed the curtain around 3-4 times within 24 hrs of departure: from row 5 to row 12, back forward to 8, further back to 14 and in the end the curtain either stays there with the front section being completely empty, or sometimes the curtain is moved back to its original position an hour before departure. I have seen it all happen and it's really frustrating - especially if you originally snagged the beloved 11A.
Andy49 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Happens to me about a dozen times per year. I have had cases where C was completely empty, yet they pushed the curtain around 3-4 times within 24 hrs of departure: from row 5 to row 12, back forward to 8, further back to 14 and in the end the curtain either stays there with the front section being completely empty, or sometimes the curtain is moved back to its original position an hour before departure. I have seen it all happen and it's really frustrating - especially if you originally snagged the beloved 11A.

Interesting, are there any routes that are notorious for this? I have an exit seat on LHR - FRA next month
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:50 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

Interesting, are there any routes that are notorious for this? I have an exit seat on LHR - FRA next month
Since I am MUC based I can't make a meaningful comment re:FRA routes, but this has happened to me on pretty much any route touching MUC, regardless whether it's LH mainline or Cityline. My main routes from/back to MUC are: HAJ, LHR, CPH, DUS, TXL and PAD, but there are quite a few more routes that I don't travel on as frequenty.

Checking seat assignments via the app (after checkin) has become somewhat of a bad habit, but this way you can react quicker compared to finding out at the airport / on board.
Andy49 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Since I am MUC based I can't make a meaningful comment re:FRA routes, but this has happened to me on pretty much any route touching MUC, regardless whether it's LH mainline or Cityline. My main routes from/back to MUC are: HAJ, LHR, CPH, DUS, TXL and PAD, but there are quite a few more routes that I don't travel on as frequenty.

Checking seat assignments via the app (after checkin) has become somewhat of a bad habit, but this way you can react quicker compared to finding out at the airport / on board.

Thanks, I will check nearer the time. Is there a reason row 12 is not a * or preferred seat? Looks like it has extra leg room exit seat
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

Thanks, I will check nearer the time. Is there a reason row 12 is not a * or preferred seat? Looks like it has extra leg room exit seat
This looks like a B320 which doesn’t have “real” exit row seats like the B321 you see below.

I don’t usually bother with “exit rows” on the B320. Here is an equivalent seatmap of the B320.

Andy49 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:37 am

B320, NewbieRunner? Did I miss anything ?
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:20 am

Programs: Miles & More Frequent Traveller, Turkish Miles & Smiles Elite
I know there are a number of posts on cross-benefiting / lounge access but I haven't found the answer to this specific situation:

Looks like I have become victim of malicious lounge personnel, specifically at the DAN lounge in TLV. I was recently on an OS flight from TLV and had my M&M FTL number on my boarding pass to collect miles. As I'm *G with TK (but not on M&M where I wanted to collect miles), what followed was the procedure I undertook numerous times already at other lounges - show my digital *G card (in TK app), show my OS digital boarding pass (with my non-*G M&M number). Usually at other lounges, no problem.

These guys argue that they can't let me in, I counter-argue that they should get to know Star Alliance regulations, calls his supervisor, then reluctantly starts filling in some kind of paper voucher and lets me in the lounge. I verify that they're not reissuing my boarding pass (nor modifying the FFP number on it) as I want to collect mileage to M&M and not TK for this particular flight. They concur. Then as I'm putting food on my plate someone comes up to me and asks to see my boarding pass again to find out my seat number, and I give it to him.

This raises my suspicion, so I later check that my M&M number is still on the BP (yes, it is), and I make a screenshot of it on my phone.

Yesterday, I get an email informing me that mileage was credited to my TK account and I fill up with rage. I opened up the M&M app to request a retro credit, but that's only available 7 days after the flight.

So the question is: what should I do - will I be able to get the mileage to M&M, instead of TK? I never authorised anyone to make changes to my boarding pass - and, more importantly, I have a screenshot of it with the correct M&M number.

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:50 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fantomass
So the question is: what should I do - will I be able to get the mileage to M&M, instead of TK? I never authorised anyone to make changes to my boarding pass - and, more importantly, I have a screenshot of it with the correct M&M number.
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. Even if you submit retrocredit, it will be declined as miles have been credited to another FFP. And I don't see TK un-crediting your flight and LH crediting it back.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:11 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by klausa
B320, NewbieRunner? Did I miss anything ?
B bought A because they are unable to produce their own top notch single aisle aircraft and their latest grounded model is based on a 54 years old concept kept in the air by computers.
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM

Row 12 is actually my favorite row, as you get extra legroom and the seat backs recline, unlike row 11.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Row 12 is actually my favorite row, as you get extra legroom and the seat backs recline, unlike row 11.

Thanks, I noticed that I also have a 320neo, do the seats recline on that?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Thanks, I noticed that I also have a 320neo, do the seats recline on that?
Not much

You won’t be guaranteed a Neo, my flight last night was scheduled to be Neo, in the end it was one of their oldest A320 ‘s
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We have a Business ticket AMS to BKK with LH. Now we are connecting to SQ from BKK to SIN on a separate ticket. Will the AMS staff tag the bags for us all the way to SIN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.