FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:30 pm
westi2002

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CalMaple
Hello all! I had a booking from CAI-MUC-SFO that shifted to CAI-FRA-SFO due to a "schedule adjustment" per the email they sent me. Anyways, I will be in economy and I had purchased an extra legroom seat (on the MUC-SFO leg) since it's important for me for that length of a flight. When I went to manage my booking, they hadn't reassigned me to a new extra legroom seat on the newly adjusted FRA-SFO leg, and they hadn't refunded my seat selection fee. I have called in several times and been told varying things, but the last rep was firm in that: 1) she cannot assign me to an extra legroom seat because the system won't let her, and 2) she cannot refund my seat selection fee. She said my only option is to purchase another extra legroom seat on this FRA-SFO leg (which is now running $130 instead of the $70 I had paid) and ask for a refund of the first fee only after the date of the flight. It all seems so preposterous to me. I was wondering if Lufthansa customer service managers are generally more adept at fixing things? Would it be worth it to spend another hour on the phone (with a manager this time) trying to get them to assign me to a seat I've already paid for, or should I just re-book the seat I want at a higher price and fight for a refund later? Thanks in advance for any advice.
I would try to arrange it before the flight. Afterwards CS is not interested anymore in helping/paying you. I waited 6 months for compensation for delated flights and still waiting for 8 months now for compensation for delayed luggage.